Welcome to Gaia! ::

~*The Surreal Sanctuary*~

Back to Guilds

This guild is a safe haven for the literate of Gaia. It is a hang-out where otakus, writers, readers, artists, and musicians can have fun. 

Tags: anime, roleplay, writer, books, gold 

Reply .::The Surreal Sanctuary::.
Suggestions Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Don't be afraid to share you ideas!
  Okay!
View Results

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:00 pm
Okay. ^_^ Feel free to make some yourself, too.

I have been so busy with school lately that I don't think I can join any new RPs...XD;; I may make one over the weekend. XD;; Or next week?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:50 pm
Hm...I would say this post should not go in this thread, but in the RP Brainstorm thread. If you want to copy and paste it into a post there, I am sure more people will read it and give you feedback. XD;; This thread is mainly for guild suggestions. Unless, what you are suggesting, is making a major roleplay with a whole subforum dedicated to it?  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

amethyst jo butterfly

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 12:58 pm
oh, sorry about that. /I misunderstood. ok i'll move my ideah there. i'm thinking it will be a magor rp.  
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 3:54 pm
Just try to make a better effort with spelling/grammar.  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Ilik Sarver

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 7:29 am
It's my birthday, biscuits. I suggest ya'll send me gifts. JK. But yeah, the big guys 20. woot woot.  
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 12:41 pm
Happy Birthday! But...uh... XD;; Why is this in the Suggestions thread?  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Virgil Lifeson
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:36 pm
I have a great idea for a Guild Contest, if you want:

User Image

You are to create an Roleplaying music video. It may sound odd, possibly dull, but this is your task. You are to choose a song, any song you so desire, and create an RP post that describes your character’s actions in sync with the music. Any character will do, so long as you either created it or have permission to use it.

There are only a few rules to this contest.

1. You must be able to provide a working link to the song.
2. Serious business = nonsense. Have some fun if you want.
3. There will be a thread created for the posts soon enough. When you have finished your post, you may put it there. I will not accept PMed entries.
4. You must register here before posting your entry. Simply tell me who you are, what character you are using, and what song you are using. There are no divisions in this contest.
5. I shall appoint two other people as judges. These people may also participate in the contest, but they will not be able to grade their own performances.
6. A character template is NOT required. You may feel free to describe your character in your post.
7. Your post is to have cues on the left hand side, containing the time and span of the part of the song being played
8. All questions are to be PMed to me.
9. Fun or GTFO
10. Prize? Probably. Most likely to be a wallpaper/signature depicting a scene in your "video."
11. You may post a maximum of TWO songs. Only one may place in the rankings, so if you get first prize, you cannot get the second or third prizes here.

The following is a list of all participants.

Name—Song(Artist)—Character

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:04 pm

That's a nifty banner!

but I'm still not clear on the contest?
How would that... work?

Irishroseh
Crew

Aekea Athlete

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:51 pm
Wow...great banner! And that's a great idea. You can start it in the Contest Covert, without a doubt! It sounds fun. So...I can use my character from any of the RPs I'm in?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:56 pm
@ Otulissa = Thanks for the support! Feel free to add any prizes you want! (I'm a little short on gold at the moment, so I dunno.)
And go ahead and use your own characters, or any RP, or any crossover of yours. I did this before, and cast two completely separate characters in a Phantom of the Opera take =D

Speaking of which, @ Irishroseh, if you're not clear on how to post, here's two examples

If you're wondering about judging, There's be myself, and whoever else wants to judge. Obviously, we can't judge our own work, but each judge could oversee each one individually, and be able to try out ourselves.

Any other questions? Feel free to ask!  

Virgil Lifeson
Crew

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:10 pm
No more questions! Tell me when the contest starts. smile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:04 pm
When we have participants. The thread is open for viewing however =D  

Virgil Lifeson
Crew