Welcome to Gaia! ::

~*The Surreal Sanctuary*~

Back to Guilds

This guild is a safe haven for the literate of Gaia. It is a hang-out where otakus, writers, readers, artists, and musicians can have fun. 

Tags: anime, roleplay, writer, books, gold 

Reply •◘•The Readers' Haven•◘•
Rant and Rave Thread Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:57 am
Irishroseh
Kinda off topic-ishh
A quote about the Eragon movie

Quote:
The film performed poorly at the US Box Office, so it is unknown at this time whether the adaptations of books 2-4 will occur.

Spoiler-ish Alert

I hope they don't. :/
By the way, if it's off-topic... feel free to create your own thread. You don't have to wait for the Crew to create threads. XD Just create away! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:56 pm
Otulissa
Irishroseh
Ughh! I was waay past hating Eragon and ready to murder the director. [just kiiding, sort of. stare ]

I love how you said 'oh my Glaux'. reminds me of good times :]

For the Guardians of Ga'Hoole, [I'm still not sure how to pronounce it C: ] It brought me and my sister/best friend together. The story long and complicated and it involved a car ride, but yeah, that series, even though I've stopped reading it, was basically the best thing to happen for us. :]

Aw... smile That's so sweet. I speak in the Ga'hoolian language, and even know Jouzhen and Krakish. XD I am too obsessed. Ga'hoole rocks out loud... and sometimes I find myself saying in school, "I can feel it in my gizzard!" And then teachers and kids look at me funny. XD Then I explain, "I wish I had a gizzard. Yarping is so much more sanitary than the human way of waste disposal." They just give me weirder looks. sweatdrop

hahahaha!!

&& sorry about the other thing, I just figured as continuation of my rant on the way they destroyed the Eragon book. Sorry!

Irishroseh
Crew

Aekea Athlete

Ilik Sarver

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:16 pm
Anyone who wants to read some bad arse fantasy novels should seriously look into the Sword of Truth series, by Terry Goodkind. The books are hardcore, really advanced and intended for a mature audience.
The series is now complete, however, so no one has to read the series and wait for more... there's like 9 books.
Go borrow Wizard's First Rule from a library if you want to check it out. Trust me, you will not regret it.

And O yeah, Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion is the best fantasy video game ever. Besides Fable. Eat it.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:44 am
It's okay, IrishRoseh. wink Feel free to make your own thread if you want.

And thanks, Ilik! biggrin I have never heard of those books before, but I should look into them when I have time.  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

murderface

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:02 pm
Yay, I love "Fear and Loathing in Los Vegas" by Hunter s. thompson.

Its so massivly INSANE. Oh my dog, all the drugs, it an education and entertainment.

BAT COUNTRY is so awesome... I had a mate with black shoes with red bat on it and when I was a a party I stole them becos they were totally cool and he had no right to have such bat coutry shoes unless he read the book. I didnt becos he took to much acid a few years ago and it gave him nasty flash backs.

Its also really phisophical about how in the 60s the acid wave swept the country side and then in the 70s the wave washed back, as waves do, they dont hang around. If they big enought they leave evidenc etha tthey were there. The book is based in the 70s and thats basicly what its about, that and the american dream. American dream stuff sortof goes over my head as I am from NZ and yeah...

Anyway this dude Hunter s. Thompson and his aturny go to Vegas and wrech havek on two deffencless hotal rooms, two innocent topless cars, one anti drugs convention and all the while carrying a tape recorder.

Hunter was a reporter.

I love his aturny who has heaps of cool lines starting with "as your atturny i advise you to..."

I also love the movie made by ... (I forgot his name!) who co-directed Monty pythons Holy Grail. Its so mental and its really awesome bit of narration from the book, including one of my fav passages.

Hows that for a rant, huh?  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:34 am
Wow! I'll have to read those. sweatdrop I will add it to my list of over 60 books to read, LOL... I have way too many books that I want to read... And not enough time!  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

murderface

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:47 pm
Otulissa
Wow! I'll have to read those. sweatdrop I will add it to my list of over 60 books to read, LOL... I have way too many books that I want to read... And not enough time!

I know that feeling all to well. Not to worry becos "fear and Loathing in los vegas" is really short.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:14 pm
Okay! Just to be fair to the books (don't ask; I treat books like people sometimes), I will add it to the END of the list. So...yeah...XD;;  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

murderface

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:24 pm
Dont worry when I was a kid I would get upset if I had left my soft toys in an uncomfortable position overnight... I felt so bad about leaving out in the cold. I would put them in my draws and use my cloths as blankets for them.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:56 pm
Whoa, really? I have a friend who sometimes apologizes to furniture. xd She goes, "Oh, sorry Table!" if she kicks it. It's hilarious! She laughs like a minute later when she realizes she apologized to a piece of wood. razz  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:58 pm
Oh my Glaux!! biggrin I am obsessing over nonfiction books currently...xD;; LOL! biggrin The "for Dummies" books are so funny...and awesome. I also love, love, love field guides right now. (Don't ask.)

Yeah... I am feeling random today.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:34 pm
i love earagon but i like the Guardians of Ga'hoole its so cool when i want to saydamn i say oh great Glaux  

Prince_Dragoon

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:47 am
LOL, oh my Glaux, finally someone like me!! biggrin I say:

Glaux-in-a-box! Great Glaux! Oh my Glaux! Racdrops! Frinkin' ...hm... Oh, and I tell wet poop jokes to some friends. XD;;

LOL. Yeah. Oh, and if I am really frinked off and annoyed, and angry and mad or sad, then I say "Sprink." Or sometimes "Sprink on your spronk!" Well, I think it anyways. I don't say it, because I hate swearing. xD  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:33 pm
My sister and I used to do that all the time. Instead of saying the German equivalent of Sprink/Spronk, we used to say that instead. It was so hilarious, and no one else got it. hahahahaaa.  

Irishroseh
Crew

Aekea Athlete

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:03 am
Irishroseh
My sister and I used to do that all the time. Instead of saying the German equivalent of Sprink/Spronk, we used to say that instead. It was so hilarious, and no one else got it. hahahahaaa.
LOL!  
•◘•The Readers' Haven•◘•

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces