Welcome to Gaia! ::

~*The Surreal Sanctuary*~

Back to Guilds

This guild is a safe haven for the literate of Gaia. It is a hang-out where otakus, writers, readers, artists, and musicians can have fun. 

Tags: anime, roleplay, writer, books, gold 

Reply -•`~The Roleplaying Realm~`•-
Roleplay Tutoring Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dread_Detective

3,100 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:20 pm
Whenever I RP i try to leave my dialouge open for others to cut in but most of the time I tend to loose people since I post too much. My writing style is okay by my standards, but it would be nice to see someone's view of it.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:02 pm
Videogamegirl13
Whenever I RP i try to leave my dialouge open for others to cut in but most of the time I tend to loose people since I post too much. My writing style is okay by my standards, but it would be nice to see someone's view of it.
Okay, PM me if you want me to read some of your sample RP posts and give some constructive criticism. ^_^  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

wiingz

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:42 pm
I am willing to help anyone, if they'd like ^^
Just PM me or post here, I guess (:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:03 am
Great! biggrin  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Dark Lord 003

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 6:43 pm
can someone tutor me i'm neww sweatdrop sweatdrop sweatdrop sweatdrop sweatdrop sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:19 pm
Dark Lord 003
can someone tutor me i'm neww sweatdrop sweatdrop sweatdrop sweatdrop sweatdrop sweatdrop
Have you had any roleplay experience at all before?  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

rachniqueen

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:41 am
Dread_Detective

Well if there is a problem with the way your character "speaks" to make it so that the other roleplayer can't have a say in it, then you would just have to mess around with words maybe or make it so that it's not open. The RPer would just have to deal with it. && if there is anything that needs to be changed or said differently to the other RPers idea of the 'plot' then they'll simply do it in an OOC.

But the point of Roleplaying in my eyes is coorporation with both roleplayers. No matter what, you're going to have to feed off of each other. It's simple and easy, it helps not only the character but also helps you as an individual person understand how to 'take turns' or 'share' with ideas splirted out into the world.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:00 pm
Good advice, Daiseko.  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Elricay

5,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:45 pm
I'm going to put this out there: I'm cool with helping people out. However, I would like to further my discriptive details in something longer than four paragraphs of five-seven sentances.

I suppose that could be considered... Advanced Literate?

Well, if anyone could give me advice, critque or whatever it'd be alot of help.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:57 pm
I used to do a ton of advanced literate, but now that I'm busier, I have been keeping to intermediate or semi-literate/beginners. XD;; I remember when I had to write 6 paragraphs minimum... 3nodding sweatdrop  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Elricay

5,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:59 pm
Otulissa
I used to do a ton of advanced literate, but now that I'm busier, I have been keeping to intermediate or semi-literate/beginners. XD;; I remember when I had to write 6 paragraphs minimum... 3nodding sweatdrop

O. O'' I remember those days when I could too. Now with so much time on my hands some of the people I'd love to roleplay with are like "10+ paragraphs" and they're HUGE.

I miss those does ;o ;

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:06 pm
Wow. XD I'm still quite busy... xd So...I don't know... I'm sure if I had time I could try doing 10+ paragraphs per post. It would take a while to get used to it though. A long while. ninja  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Elricay

5,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:14 pm
Otulissa
Wow. XD I'm still quite busy... xd So...I don't know... I'm sure if I had time I could try doing 10+ paragraphs per post. It would take a while to get used to it though. A long while. ninja

._ . i spelled days does in the last post...

i fail.

uhm it's no big deal, i'm praticing on my own with writing excersises.

i could just use some advice is all since i'm not really growing.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:10 pm
Elricay
Otulissa

._ . i spelled days does in the last post...

i fail.

uhm it's no big deal, i'm praticing on my own with writing excersises.

i could just use some advice is all since i'm not really growing.
Good luck! biggrin  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

rachniqueen

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:19 pm
Elricay
I'm going to put this out there: I'm cool with helping people out. However, I would like to further my discriptive details in something longer than four paragraphs of five-seven sentances.

I suppose that could be considered... Advanced Literate?

Well, if anyone could give me advice, critque or whatever it'd be alot of help.

Simple enough.
Let's start with Characters.
There are SO MANY things to name off, to detail about ONE person alone! We have the eyes, the nose, the ears, the hair style, the eyebrows, the lips, the way him or her arches his or her neck, the way he or she dresses the way they walk, sit, talk, move their body. This all could be spereated in so many different paragraphs!

For instance, you could detail the face in one paragraph;; and in the next you could explain their clothing, the next could be the way they hold their posture along with the way they speak their personality.

And for items/objects. Simple enough, just like a human, detail it to the very last color of dusk.

If it's a wooden chair you might want to name off:
The color (not just brown, but you could simply say, "The old rich chocolate brown chair lay soundlessly along the floor. The smell of wood coming off of the shape.") Simple enough no?

It depends on how you 'word' it. If you don't think it is enough, find something to add, about the 'scene' or the way the person smiles, ("His smile was like no other, not just the ear-to-ear. But it was just as she had imagined it, widened and showing of his milky white teeth, glisining in her eyes like the golden frames of a mirror.")  
-•`~The Roleplaying Realm~`•-

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff