Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Spirit Guides/ Totems Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you have any totems?
  Yesh
  No
  I don't know
  I don't belive in totems
View Results

Indigo Star Child

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:18 pm
The only totem of mine that I know of is a blue whale named Marque.

I was taken aback when I learned my totem was a blue whale. I was expecting a wolf because I have always been drawn to them. Once I looked into it, my totem made more sense to me. Now, I love my totem =)

It reminded me of my early years. I would always assocate myself with the blue whale because they are the biggest mammals and I was the tallest in my school ( I was about 5 foot in 4th grade XD).  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:01 pm
you dont hear of many people whos totems are whales, very cool!  

WitchyBoy

2,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cart Raider 100

Rowan MacGregor

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 5:36 am
My birth totem is a squirrel (I was so disappointed when I found that out redface ) Along the way, I've variously acquired the assistance of: otter, cat, horse, bear and White Oak.  
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 8:31 am
So I have three. A dragon whose name I can't remember >.< and a stag who's name is Amon and another which I have yet to find. I first saw them while Astral Projecting one night. There were three glowing golden orbs coming towards me. I later learned that they were my spirit guides.  

Milendil

Playgunny

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 10:05 am
I have a wolf with no name. That is it.  
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 11:22 pm
I'm not sure, but there has been a spirit following me and a couple of my friends around named Sta.
I've felt his physical presence before, like... One time I was trying to sleep and he was walking up and down my leg. He is more a mischief maker than anything, and he kinda left when I got a real cat....

But as for actual totems, I'm not sure.
For me, ravens and owls seem to call to me.
They both seem to be birds of darkness, one of the night and one associated with death sometimes.
Maybe it's because of my morbid tendencies, I don't know...

But I have yet to find my totem.
I'm not one hundred percent sure how to, either XP  

Rainbow Holocaust

moon child

15,350 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 2:16 pm
I have a tiger. I named him Prometheus. smile  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:36 pm
My spirit guide is a woman by the name of Celestia. I met her in a guided meditaion at my local mtaphysical bookstore. She has shining white hair and brilliant blue eyes. I have yet to find my animal totem. I see too many in my meditaions. I think it might be a raccoon though...  

Laura Lobotomy

AiRune

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:37 pm
I found out mine with the help of someone else. A few of them I knew intuitively, some I should have known. There's one for every direction.

Mine are: oriole, mouse, chickadee, griffin, robin, cat, porcupine, fox, and earth dragon.

The cat, dragon, and fox have all visited me in dreams. The cat usually acts as a protector when there seems to be a threat to my astral self. The dragon's only popped up a couple of times. I think it was to get the magickal fires stirred up. A vixen appeared once, sending me her two pups to help me and for me to take care of. I'll have to post these dreams sometime.

Some of the others are regulars in my life. Of course, I've lived with cats my entire life. I really don't know where I'd be without them. I'm thinking of asking my most mischievous one to be my familiar. He's needs something to do. Anyway, foxs began showing up during high school when I first began my research into Wicca. We'd never seen them around before then. I also had visions of dragons at the time, too. Chickadees are a favorite of mine and I see them a lot. Robins, too. But I never thought about it because they're both so common in the country and suburbs. I was privileged to see an oriole in my neighborhood when I was young. The bird was so pretty and I was completely enchanted. I've also had quite a few run-ins with mice, but I can't stand to kill them. I try to leave that to the cats. If I get the chance, I catch them and release them far away from houses.

From time to time, the butterfly also flutters into my life. Usually when I need to let go a little and change is in the air.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:16 am
The shaman I was working with told me that you have totems that are with you for your entire life, or even over several lifetimes. There's a totem for every direction, and totems for your left and right (which are sometimes interchangeable), above, below and inside. Some people have totems for ahead and behind as well.

I lost the book I was writing down all my lessons in crying , but some of my totems are heron, grizzly, lizard, snake, wolf, panther, horse, dog, dragon and cat.

Rainbow Holocaust
But as for actual totems, I'm not sure.
For me, ravens and owls seem to call to me.

If certain animals are very special to you, those are some of your totems and they have probably been with you through more than one life.

Rainbow Holocaust
But I have yet to find my totem.
I'm not one hundred percent sure how to, either XP

To find your totem, you have to trust yourself and your instincts. During meditation, think of a direction and what that direction represents. If an animal comes to your thoughts, that is your totem for that direction.  

Kyreie

LRGG1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:24 pm
I think spirit guides/totem animals are rotated into and possible out of your life, depending on the case.

The manta ray was very helpful to me, when I first started traveling to the otherworld, and could not. It took me there without me even thinking about using help.

I haven't seen it in my dreams or meditation since.
It got me on a deeper level or something, it's hard to explain.
But I do not need it anymore, nor do I call on it for the same reason.

I have a spirit(animal or not) that makes it's residence in a coyote skull that I have. I call it 'coyote' even though I have never seen an actual coyote in my dreams or workings. It is extremely helpful and has a bit of a harsh sense of humor. But I appreciate it nonetheless.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:53 pm
Oh, and I don't believe that your totem animal is one that is just close and dear to you. I adore cats, and always have as a child, and I've felt that they have a 'special connection' with me as well- but they have not helped me out mentally or spiritually.
I love crows, such an amazing, dark creature.

Having a connection doesn't really mean much.
Just because you really like wolves means that you just really like wolves.
I know many people think their animal totem is a cat, wolf, or crow.
It kinds of makes me roll my eyes.
Too bad if it was true I wouldn't believe it.

xD  

LRGG1

Radioactive Freezer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:54 pm
I have two. I have a grey cat and a black horse. My totems have helped me out in the past. When I was younger, I climbed up a 5ft tree. Right before I feel I saw a grey cat in the tree with me who jumped out of the three while I was falling. I don't remember much after that but I didn't get any cuts, bruises, or broken bones. And on the Jamaican side of my family, they all have either foxes, cheetahs, or horses as their totems. It's mostly because we are all fast runners. It's like our inner self or it's coaching us to run faster.

But I'm not really sure if I have a spirit guide. I've played with her as a child, she gives me advice. She has been with me throught all my lives. She doesn't say, "Hey, you're doing that wrong" or "Bad idea". She lets me make my own mistakes. She's mostly just here with me for company. She's a really good friend. smile  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:49 pm
I find myself having strange dreams with a winged snake
it was a purplish red with leathery wings
Could that count as a totem, or spirit guide?  

Sirrush_Grey

KiroYuRawr

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:30 am
Tiger: Ares
Wolf: Zeus
Otter: Athena
Raven: Morpheus

I know tha names are prolly weird but they seemed fit at the time  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games