Welcome to Gaia! ::

~*The Surreal Sanctuary*~

Back to Guilds

This guild is a safe haven for the literate of Gaia. It is a hang-out where otakus, writers, readers, artists, and musicians can have fun. 

Tags: anime, roleplay, writer, books, gold 

Reply •◘•The Readers' Haven•◘•
Otulissa's Debate of Books Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Salutations, Readers!
  Hello, Captain!
View Results

Mika of the Abyss

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:10 am
I was gonna do the Ga'Hoole books but Otulissa's got that covered.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:59 am
You can agree with me, you know. xD If Ga'hoole is your favorite, say so! We are trying to see which book wins! Or which books others should read. xD  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Sun Salutation

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 6:23 pm
My Favorite author is Darren Shan. He's a children's horror/adventure author, and his book series are The Saga of Darren Shan (Cirque Du Freak in America) and Demonata. I absolutely LOVE Cirque Du Freak, it's full of action and suspense and amazing plot twists. His books are what intrested me in writing and I'm pretty sure a novelist is my true calling now.

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 9:11 am
Wow...I have never heard of him. XD;; I suppose I should add some of his books to my list for future reading. wink Sounds good enough for me. I love adventure, and horror sounds like a nice combination along with adventure. Is it sort of like a thriller too? And are all his books the same genre?  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Tru_callings

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 12:39 pm
I just finished reading Twilight, it was awesome. I loved it, and can't wait to read the next book in the series. think we should make a thread about books that were turned into movies, or something? Anyways I can't wait tell the movie comes out.  
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 1:03 pm
If you want to make a thread, go ahead, and make a thread! ^_^ No need to ask for permission unless it's really controversial or in the wrong subforum or something... sweatdrop But then again, you would probably know it, and just post it in the correct place. XD; Just go ahead and make a thread for that if you want to !  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Furyal

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 3:22 pm
Personally, I like the Pendragon series. I'm reading book eight. =D. D.J. MacHale really knows how to make books. Heck, My friends are fighting over who gets to read the series when I'm finished reading them. I'll give you the back cover of the first book:

Denduron.

Bobby Pendragon is a seemingly normal fourteen-year-old boy. He has a family, a home, and even Marley, his beloved dog. But there is something very special about Bobby.

He is going to save the world.

And not just Earth as we know it. Bobby is slowly starting to realize that life in the cosmos isn't quite what he thought it was. And before he can object, he is swept off to an alternate dimension known as Denduron, a territory inhabited by strange beings, ruled by a magical tyrant, and plagued by dangerous revolution.

If Bobby wants to see his family again, he's going to have to accept his role as savior, and accept it wholeheartedly. Because, as he is about to discover, Denduron is only the beginning....

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 3:54 pm
If you want, I can send you the basic summary of all the books!
(So far.) The ninth book is coming in four days! Whoot!  

Furyal

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 4:19 am
Whoa, that sounds cool ! I love books about inter-dimension or inter-time travels. XD I am writing a novel right now, actually. About inter-dimension travel.  
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 10:58 pm
My personal favorite is the Maximum Ride series by James Patterson, its a great series about six mutant human bird hybrid kids that range from ages 5 to 14, its a great series my feeble vocabulary can not find words to describe its greatness!  

Blood_Covered_Pheonix

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 4:33 am
Wow, I can tell you really like the series. XD  
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 2:50 pm
My favourite. XD
I've heard of the Maximum Rider book... Forget where, though.  

Furyal

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 1:16 pm
Yes, I can see that it's your favorite. wink I can get very obsessive over book series. XD;; Or books in general.  
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 3:23 pm
Yup. Jeez, I even change my desktop background to whatever book I'm reading at the moment.  

Furyal

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 2:01 pm
Haha, my wallpaper is always one of my favorite book series - usually Guardians of Ga'hoole, but sometimes others.  
•◘•The Readers' Haven•◘•

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff