Reply Rude Discussion
Warped Tour 08!!! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Slag10

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:45 pm
i know that, but if we give let them get away with anymore crappy albums, what's to stop them from poisoning the genre forever?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:21 pm
uhm, whats wrong with their last 2 albums? they're not bad.

I could see cheer up.

but the new one isn't bad.

I'm her man is done pretty awesomely again.  

Guns of Navarone

Slag10

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:08 pm
the album having followed Cheer Up turned me off to RBF forever. i really think their music is ska for the lowest common denominator. just about anyone who is marginally aware that there is this music known as "the ska" will when asked about their favorite bands, list RBF and LTJ, both of whom i see as sliding down the muddy slopes of suck as they age.

Many people like to say im one of those guys who only like a band's old stuff, and to this i say "bollox!" My favorite Bosstone's album is Question the Answers which i love for its production and diverse song-writing. this was the Bosstone's fourth effort, and while it is now one of their older records, it sits firmly smack dab in the middle of their discography. So too with the Slacker's Wasted Days CD/LP(you gotta have both for the full experience of this album) The new LIFETIME album is solid, and i think Bane's last album The Note is their best to date.

Yet all of these albums standout in some way. For many bands(particularly ska bands) it seems that as their carriers progress, the song-writing becomes the slave of the dollar. albums are assembly lined out the door to the fans, and as is well known, assembly lines cause the workers(musicians) to lose the connection with their product(music) and that is why i think LTJ and RBF's albums suck now  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:53 am
well it sounds like decent music to me, and their live shows are fun. which is the important part to me. so, whatever. and I'd worry more about Streetlight Manifesto being the ones people list as their favorite band in that case.  

Guns of Navarone

Kingshortpants

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:37 pm
I agree with nevermore RBFs new album kept with the reel big fish tradition it was no short of what I expect from that band happy music for happy people full of satire.

To make warped tour actualy worth it for me I'm taking a road trip to montreal so its not really about the show any more thats just going to be one of 5 awesome days!  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:51 pm
I bought warped tour tickets online with a friend; we're going to see different bands so hopefully we can make it work.  

Kimiyo-Chan

5ives

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:26 am
Am I the only one that is not excited to see the Warped Tour?
They have lame bands, and it's been over commercialized.
I refuse to pay for something that's going to reek.

I would rather go to a local bar and see my local ska band.
Or listen to an album of a famous ska band.

And, for the record, RBF is okay in my book.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:21 am
5ives
Am I the only one that is not excited to see the Warped Tour?
They have lame bands, and it's been over commercialized.
I refuse to pay for something that's going to reek.

I would rather go to a local bar and see my local ska band.
Or listen to an album of a famous ska band.

And, for the record, RBF is okay in my book.

whats wrong w/ RBF, Oreskaband, MC Chris, the Aggrolites, Against me(ok I know whats wrong with them... but some people like em?), the fabulous rudies. and all the other bands I can't think of that are actually worth seeing.  

Guns of Navarone

evilbrainbabies

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:34 am
I'm still trying to decide as to if I should go or not. Vans has had a bit of a weird reputation when it came to the Warped Tour. I went back in 02 when there was some great bands, and I was still a kid then, 13 at the time. And I guess that was a strong influence. But then I went in 04 and was asking myself "what happen to some of those cool bands I liked" and saw a bunch of pop-styled rock bands wearing lame anarchy merch or something lame like that. And it seemed like it was getting worse, so I just never went again. But this year seems to have quite a few bands that I am very interested in. Many of which were already stated.

Still, can't help but look at some of the s**t-tastic styles of bands like Family Force 5, whom I was supposed to be working for at A-Fest about a month ago, but they decided like last minute that they weren't going to do the show. Which pretty much forced my paycheck to be alot less than what it would have been. (I'm in the lighting field, so I didn't get paid what I wanted because of them. Since they were the headliner). So maybe I am taking some of the bands personally or maybe I just can't help but say what everyone else is saying about some(or most) and that being that the artists suck. Which is very true, I don't really want to listen to another lame My Chemical Romance band, singing about the same generic topics over and over again. But heh, RBF seems to be going down that route. Sort of anyways.

So I will have to make a mental note of if the good is worth all the bad. haha  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:15 pm
evilbrainbabies
I'm still trying to decide as to if I should go or not. Vans has had a bit of a weird reputation when it came to the Warped Tour. I went back in 02 when there was some great bands, and I was still a kid then, 13 at the time. And I guess that was a strong influence. But then I went in 04 and was asking myself "what happen to some of those cool bands I liked" and saw a bunch of pop-styled rock bands wearing lame anarchy merch or something lame like that. And it seemed like it was getting worse, so I just never went again. But this year seems to have quite a few bands that I am very interested in. Many of which were already stated.

Still, can't help but look at some of the s**t-tastic styles of bands like Family Force 5, whom I was supposed to be working for at A-Fest about a month ago, but they decided like last minute that they weren't going to do the show. Which pretty much forced my paycheck to be alot less than what it would have been. (I'm in the lighting field, so I didn't get paid what I wanted because of them. Since they were the headliner). So maybe I am taking some of the bands personally or maybe I just can't help but say what everyone else is saying about some(or most) and that being that the artists suck. Which is very true, I don't really want to listen to another lame My Chemical Romance band, singing about the same generic topics over and over again. But heh, RBF seems to be going down that route. Sort of anyways.

So I will have to make a mental note of if the good is worth all the bad. haha

thats just how musical trends are. they tend to produce a bunch of shitty a** bands. and those are popular, so they play warped tour. but there are always a couple of good bands, usually enough worth going for, I usually go b/c a couple bands, and plus its fun, as long as you don't mind eating a huge breakfast and then nothing for like 8 hours. lol.  

Guns of Navarone

bake_out

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:56 pm
i have never been to a warped tour
but i would love to see oreskaband  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:58 pm
I'm pretty disappointed in Warped Tour this year ~ I saw a few bands in the lineup that I like (Reel Big Fish being one because, yes, they're awesome performers), but then I went to see how much the tickets are & I saw between 50-60$ eek
I haven't been to a Warped in *counts* uh, several years lol I went from '99-'01, & haven't since, mainly because they moved the show from right beside Lake Erie to an amusement park around here...This angers me intensely lol.
The '00 show was the best day of my life ~ I met sooo many awesome people. Can you even go backstage after the show anymore?!?

Ska Hippie

Dead_AvengerS

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 11:32 am
Guns of Navarone
am I the only one excited to see Oreska?

no, i saw them on last years warped tour they were freaking amazing, i cant wait to see them again, i love there energy, plus there all pretty hot. lol  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:17 pm
Slag10
Status Quo Joe
I can list atleast 10 bands I want to see.

mc chris
RBF
Chiodos

Aggrolites
As I Lay Dying
Bedouin Soundclash
Bouncing Souls
The Briggs
Bring Me the Horizon
The Fabulous Rudies
Gym Class Heroes
Motion City Soundtrack