Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
HI, I'm new here. Poll; Favorite type of Magic Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Favorite type of Magic;
  Elemental
  Animal spirit totems
  Animal familiars
  Sex magic
  Spirit chanelling
  Meditation/ Astral projection
  Divination
  Other, please add a post about it.
View Results

WitchyBoy

2,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:33 pm
nancyrowina
I said divination as I do a lot of that, mainly with Crystal pendulums but I also read tarot cards. You didn't mention candle magic either which is a good one and easy to get the materials for and perform so I also like that one.

candle magick is good if your on the fly and need some done quickly, personally i add it to other magicks as an extra boost.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:55 pm
Mine is banishing/cleansing. It makes all other types of magic possible once you have gotten rid of all that negativity that seems to be everywhere.  

Skadi-The-Elf

Ruthless Loiterer

17,700 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500

Rowan MacGregor

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 5:20 am
I don't work with magic in that way- I don't cast spells.

I worship the Gods and ask their assistance. According to the rule of hospitality, the Gods are honor bound to bestow a gift in greater proportion to that given. Because I offer them a place on my hearth and the fruits of my labor, they bestow, in like kind but greater magnitude, blessings upon me and mine. So, as you can see, it's a bit different than raising energy and casting a spell. I do work with animal and plant familiars though and I make potions and charms.  
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 10:30 am
I use magic as a method of prayer only.  

Playgunny

too2sweet
Captain

Tipsy Fairy

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 6:50 am
How do you use magic as prayer? If you don't mind me asking biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 9:43 pm
I like candle magic. Heck, I love candles! I'm such a pyro. blaugh  

moon child

15,350 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Foxmore

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 11:00 pm
too2sweet
How do you use magic as prayer? If you don't mind me asking biggrin

What do you see a spell as? What about a prayer?

To me a prayer is when you ask the divine for some type of change, help, or just a good push in the right direction. That is also what spells do in my life. I use spells to ask the divine and my inner self to help me along in what I am currently doing.

I have seen it many times with my Christian friends when they are in some kind of crisis. They will pray with their whole heart and soul. And it is magic (though I do refrain from telling THEM that).

Those are my thoughts on the subject, even though I know that the question wasn't aimed at me. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 3:24 am
I do mostly elemental magic/energy work, though I did do a few familiar castings, but that was before my cat met her untimely end by Feline Leukimia. =(  

goddess_elppy

Feline Fairy

8,475 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100

Korealia

Distinct Seeker

3,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:06 pm
i'm not entirely sure if i'm answering this in a fashion in which it is presented.

my favorite kind of magick is group energy work, especially if it is for healing or change or goodwill. i like feeling my spiritual brothers and sisters and the electrical charge we are all working towards. it's elating, it's estatic. elements and types become irrelevant, because we are all focused on the same things and the others become methods of conveyance.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:01 pm
Hm. Elemental magic is fun to me. I love water so it works for me really well. Except if your in a desert. hmmm. sweatdrop  

iRayneMoon

Dellanora

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:04 pm
my favorite is divination. in fact i just got my third tarot deck 2 days ago and i love it. i dont really get elemental magick, so i stick to the different forms of divination  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:43 pm
I use elemental magick, but I also work with totems, familiars, meditation, and divination to assist and help me grow spiritually and psychologically.  

AiRune

Quiet Dojo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:54 pm
Me? I put meditation/astral projection, mainly because it's what I'm most comfortable with...I'm a bit scared of going astral, mainly because of a weird experience I had in high school.

Boiled down, I got into a meditative trance, and...well...I felt like I was being shot straight up in the air. I could *see* myself sitting cross-legged in my room, but I was going up so high...
I'm pretty sure I floated for a second, then I was standing in the middle of this busy street (maybe London? I saw a double-decker bus or two)...
After that I shot up again and I must've gone straight through the atmosphere...then this "being" in white clothes and white wings appeared out of nowhere and said, "Hey, what are you doing here? You're not supposed to be here. C'mon, let's get you back."
Then I started falling, I saw myself again, and I "woke up".

You can call me a liar if you like, but I felt like I was hurtling along on some crazy roller coaster...  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:26 am
I use mainly healing, but for some reason i do not need spells anymore >.> I just think of it happening and it happens on the spot >.<  

[Son of the Sun]

Indisgression

Familiar Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:56 pm
I can't say I have a favorite form of magic. I like to toy with the different vibrations and energies through force of will. I've conjured a storm with a friend, though I had to walk home in the hail x.x Elemental is fairly unique, though I don't have much practice with it. I've been trying to learn, but everyone I know so far that follows a similar path as me seems more lost then I x.x  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games