Welcome to Gaia! ::

Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Back to Guilds

Reply The Twilight Movie
What does everyone have against Kristen Stewart? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you agree with me?
  Yes
  No, you're crazy!
  Hmmm..I dunnno...OHH SHINY!
  ...*Slaps with a fish*...No.
View Results

KiraLight
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:23 am
Alantie Mistaniu
I cannot remark on her acting skills, as I have never seen Kristen in anything. I've heard she's good, so I will keep my fingers crossed that she can portray Bella's personality well.
However, apperance wise, I'm a bit dispointed- don't jump on me for this please, but Bella is supposed to be short, delicate, and rather fragile, and an indoorsy type of girl. Kristen is tall, tough, and rather tomboish looking, you know? She looks like she should be slaying vampires instead of falling in love with them. *sweat* Please don't kill me for saying that!
I know the acting ability is more important than appearance, and that not everyone imagines the characters in the same way, but it just makes me a bit unhappy. I am willing to wait until I actually get to see how her acting is, and how she does in the movie before I dismiss her though. So I guess what I'm saying is I'm not entirely sold on her, but I'm not going to bash her until I see the movie.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Yeah. I suppose I agree with you. Kristen doesn't really fit the description of Bella very well but I LOVE Kristen Stewart. She's one of my favorite actors, which is why I support her so much. But what you say about her slaying vampires. I very much agree. I don't know what her role as Sophie would be in the next Jumper movie, but I can definitely see her becoming a Paladin and killing Hayden Christiensen twisted
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:47 am
She may not be exactly as Bella was described in the book, but when I found out that Kristen stewart was playing the part i was actually quite relieved and happy with the choice, I think that she makes a great Bella and I've seen two of her works. I think she is a great talent and will do an awesome job with the role.  

ryoyoki

6,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Conventioneer 300

Aqua Anjel

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:33 pm
Alantie Mistaniu
I cannot remark on her acting skills, as I have never seen Kristen in anything. I've heard she's good, so I will keep my fingers crossed that she can portray Bella's personality well.

However, apperance wise, I'm a bit dispointed- don't jump on me for this please, but Bella is supposed to be short, delicate, and rather fragile, and an indoorsy type of girl. Kristen is tall, tough, and rather tomboish looking, you know? She looks like she should be slaying vampires instead of falling in love with them. *sweat* Please don't kill me for saying that!

I know the acting ability is more important than appearance, and that not everyone imagines the characters in the same way, but it just makes me a bit unhappy. I am willing to wait until I actually get to see how her acting is, and how she does in the movie before I dismiss her though. So I guess what I'm saying is I'm not entirely sold on her, but I'm not going to bash her until I see the movie.

I can see what you're saying about her tall kick-butt look. But her acting is pretty good. I saw her in the "Land of Women" not too long ago. The movie is confusing, but Kristen has natural talent. I also recommend "Speak". Just to get a feel for what she can do. No one's gonna kill you. ^_^  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:04 pm
I totally didn't understand In The Land of Women. That movie was way too confusing for me..but Kristen was hot in that movie..
Speak was amazing though. It was a pretty good movie, wasn't that great of a film adaptation, but Kristen Stewart played the role of Melinda PERFECTLY.
For a preview of how good Kristen's acting ability is I would reccommend 'The Messengers'. Crap movie, but Kristen's acting is incredible. Especially that one part where she's trying to convince her parents that she wasn't trying to hurt herself and she's like shaking and on the verge of tears.
I wish I had that kind of natural talent..

KiraLight
Crew

edwards_little_bella

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:02 am
Wow..
I think She Will Be Fine..What really matters is her acting skill..And She IS Way good..My Official Favorite Movie Right Now is the messengers..She Was amazing..and you can get a good scream out of her..holy cow..I had never really seen her acting skills so i watched a couple of movies to see how she was..WOW..She is really amazing..She said she was really excited to do the film..i beleiv that the more excited you are..the better you do..
Wow..
..She Will Do fine..  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:49 pm
I'm really excited to see kristen play bella! I love her as an actress and I think she'll do fantastic. I would like to point out one thing though about bella's appearence. The series is done entirely in bella's perspective, so it isn't to say that she's actually plain but that is how she percieves herself. remember how edward keeps saying telling her that she has no idea what all the guys think of her.  

eric_mama

Mouse Girl

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:54 pm
I think she is PERFECT!
I think she is pretty, but also plain, which is what Bella is.
She is a very plain girl.

As for Danielle Panabaker and Emily Browning....
I love Emily... but I am NOT a Danielle fan
She is a good actress... and is is pretty sometimes...
I don't know...
neither of them seemed to fit Bella

I think they got it RIGHT!
And Kristen is a good actress!  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:01 pm
My penguin made me do it!
KiraLight
Well none of us have seen the movie, so it's possible that in the film version Renee did send Bella to live with Charlie

I suppose you are right. But that would mean that they are changing things. Therefore, other things might be changed. That makes me sad. crying

well, Bella being sent to Forks, instead of going of her own free will won't really change the whole plot that much or anything. I'm fine with little things like that being changed. As long as they don't change how Bella and Edward kiss, and other important things like that im okay with everything else.  

XxwhitneyxXxwhitneyxX

XxwhitneyxXxwhitneyxX

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:06 pm
eric_mama
I'm really excited to see kristen play bella! I love her as an actress and I think she'll do fantastic. I would like to point out one thing though about bella's appearence. The series is done entirely in bella's perspective, so it isn't to say that she's actually plain but that is how she percieves herself. remember how edward keeps saying telling her that she has no idea what all the guys think of her.

I've never thought about that before, how Bella just might think she looks plain. When Midnight Sun comes out in Edwards perspective I guess we'll see how he sees her.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:24 pm
Well, from Midnight Sun I think we can conclude that she isn't just plain and average considering all the thoughts Edward hears from the guys at school..

But what Stephenie says about Bella is kinda true. She might be average looking, but in a small town like Forks really hot girls aren't exactly numerous like in a big city like Phoenix, so the standards are lower which is why Bella is suddenly so popular in Forks compared to her school in Phoenix.

KiraLight
Crew

x__MoonDoll

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:21 am

I think Kristen makes a great looking Bella :3
I haven't seen any of the movies she's been in, so i'm looking forward to seeing her acting :]
Also, i think Kristen and Robert Pattison look kinda compatible with each other anyway.. so thats good.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 7:55 pm
i think christine stewart is a reasonably good bella,,, although emily browning would have been better. christine stewart is a good actress, you have to admit  

Lunanymph59

Lunanymph59

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 7:56 pm
omg! xxwhitney person, you like jacob!!!!!!!!!!!?????? I WANT TO MURDER JACOB BLACK! I HATE HIM! EDWARD IS THE BEST!!!!!!! evil  
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 9:45 pm
It's Kristen..not Christine...  

KiraLight
Crew

Evil_Dark_Kitty

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 12:54 am
My penguin made me do it!
Personally I think she would be a great Bella.
I know a lot of people were hoping for Emily Browning, or even Danielle Panabaker, but, well how do I put this...they are to pretty to play Bella. Kristen Stewart is just the right person for the job because she is pretty but she isnt stunning.
You know what I mean?
Like, Emily Browning has a much to....Oriental?...look to be Bella.
And Danielle Panabaker is my next in line, but she is still, well, to pretty. Does anyone get what I am saying here? because you know how in the book everyone described her as plain.

Get it?

Got it?

Good.

I like Kristen but for a moment I thought of Alexis Bledel.
Anyone here thought about that too?

The Twilight Movie

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces