Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friends of English Magic - for readers and fans of fantasy

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of fantasy books - we have discussions, contests, and games! 

Tags: english, fantasy, magic, book, scifi 

Reply dead threads - do not post
AMAZING Male Fantasy Characters- Hall of Fame Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lhia Dunwaith

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:28 pm
kanani_star
George from Tortall. He's just got that rouge thing going on.

YES! *Spoiler* -----> Well, once Alanna married him, I kind of lost interest. xd  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:10 pm
Lhia, Lhia!!! It's out! I just got Final Warning today, and have read the first 12 chapters or so. True to the series, there has allready been a life-threatening situation! I'm excited, and ninja The Faxness continues to not be handled by Max! it gets hotteh...

And, as long as we are talking Tortall here: Nawat!!! Crow dude is so mine!!!  

Lady Whispers

evanna11

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:06 am
Hi I would imagine Teddy Remus Lupin<----HP SPOILER would be cool, I mean he is just like his mother, so he can change..  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:53 pm
Oh! and speaking of Tortall...

I claimed Rikash as mine about two and a half years ago. xd And then he died. That always seems to happen...  

Lhia Dunwaith

Sita Harker
Captain

6,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:46 pm
The first one isn't shoujo. It's an action adventure/fantasy/comedy/romance named InuYasha.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:22 pm
My favorite male heroes are Marak from the Hollow kingdom series. I know he's a goblin and not exactly easy on the eyes (gray skin, so forth) but he's totally awesome.
I also LOVE Valek from the Study series. He's hot ( yes even bald<-spoiler for those who haven't read Fire Study) and intelligent what's not the like lol .  

Mordsith Nasuada

Lady Midori

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:39 pm
Sita Carew
Lord Sesshomaru! *sigh* heart heart heart heart
Oh gosh yes! heart

And speaking of Tortall...I like Jonathan better than George, I think. And I liked Liam and Numair.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:10 am
Lady Midori
Sita Carew
Oh gosh yes! heart

And speaking of Tortall...I like Jonathan better than George, I think. And I liked Liam and Numair.

Yeah, I guess. But frankly I found the whole Numair-Diane thing a bit... creepy. I know it was mutual but... he being her teacher and all. I can't remember a Liam. Which Series?  

Lady Whispers

Lhia Dunwaith

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:04 pm
icechild21
Lady Midori
Sita Carew
Oh gosh yes! heart

Yeah, I guess. But frankly I found the whole Numair-Diane thing a bit... creepy. I know it was mutual but... he being her teacher and all. I can't remember a Liam. Which Series?

I wouldn't say that Numair was her teacher. If you take the book literally then, yes, he was her teacher. But I also think that they were kind of partners in magic, starting around book 3.

Besides, in the medieval time period that Tamora Pierce was trying to portray through Tortall, there were very few people who actually had a role as "teachers", and most of those people were in the Middle East rather than Europe. So there was never really a formal sort of teacher/student bond between them.

...But that's my take on it. I study the time period 100 B.C. - 1500 C.E., so that's my "historian's take" on it.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:55 pm
icechild21
Lady Midori
Sita Carew
Oh gosh yes! heart

I never found the Numair-Daine thing creepy...but then again, I have a thing for older guy/younger girl relationships, and also student-teacher relationships...at least in fantasy realms, not so much the real world.

Liam was from the Song of the Lioness series...he was Alanna's lover, briefly. I just thought he was kinda cool, but I forget him a little bit too.

Thought of some more good people! I always loved Sirius Black! So much! Spoiler! --> his death almost made me quit the series, I was SO upset!!! <--- I do love Sirius...  

Lady Midori

Heartless Hippie

Shameless Lover

9,450 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:41 pm
Lady Midori
icechild21
Lady Midori
Sita Carew
Oh gosh yes! heart

I never found the Numair-Daine thing creepy...but then again, I have a thing for older guy/younger girl relationships, and also student-teacher relationships...at least in fantasy realms, not so much the real world.

Liam was from the Song of the Lioness series...he was Alanna's lover, briefly. I just thought he was kinda cool, but I forget him a little bit too.

Thought of some more good people! I always loved Sirius Black! So much! Spoiler! --> his death almost made me quit the series, I was SO upset!!! <--- I do love Sirius...

Same here Midori, He was my favorite character of the series, now he's second favorite, not that it matters because ~~> She killed off my other favorite too. <~  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:11 am
Heartless Hippie
Lady Midori
icechild21
Lady Midori
Sita Carew
Oh gosh yes! heart

Same here Midori, He was my favorite character of the series, now he's second favorite, not that it matters because ~~> She killed off my other favorite too. <~
Who is your favourite? Mine will always be Sirius, but second place was a tie between Lupin and Dumbledore ---> but they were both killed off! What is this with that woman killing off my favourite characters?!?! And Lupin had just had a son! It's not fair!!! <---

*ahem*

Excuse my school-girl-like rant...  

Lady Midori

Ceffyl Dwr

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:34 pm
Christopher Heron from The Perilous Gard. That book is so awesome and so is Christopher.

I love Sirius Black and Remus Lupin as well.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:17 pm
Lady Midori
Heartless Hippie
Lady Midori
icechild21
Lady Midori
Sita Carew
Oh gosh yes! heart

Who is your favourite? Mine will always be Sirius, but second place was a tie between Lupin and Dumbledore ---> but they were both killed off! What is this with that woman killing off my favourite characters?!?! And Lupin had just had a son! It's not fair!!! <---

*ahem*

Excuse my school-girl-like rant...

Dumbledore, so yeah, I know your pain. His part in seven and the stuff with the mirror in the first book being revealed in the seventh make him my favorite.  

Heartless Hippie

Shameless Lover

9,450 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Nudist Colony 200

Underestimated_Angel

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:50 pm
Yay. Fantasy guys! heart

Edward Cullen (He's a good vampire. What's not to like! Yes, Lhia, feel free to answer that!)
Touchstone
Dumbledore
Ummm... is his name Kendall? He's in Heir Apparent by Vivian Vande Velde
Legolas
Yeah. That's all the book characters I can think of right now.

But if we're counting video games, that ads some more!
Axel, Kingdom Hearts
Balthier, Final Fantasy
Tibarn, Fire Emblem  
dead threads - do not post

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out