Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia for everyone who wanto learn about Islam! Or for those muslims who wanto meet muslims. Or if u wanna have fun!!!! 

Tags: Muslim, Islam, Religion, Islamic, United 

Reply ☪)Islamic Discussion(☪
Women in Islam Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Emperor of Mistekreuz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:57 pm
Assalamu'alaika.

I never said any term related to "dominate", it's true we are superior in physical aspect, but not in the "thinking" aspect; men is not superior against women in mind. We have the exact quality and potential. And yes, it is including the potential to work.

However, since men is the head of the family.... It would be an obligation as the head of family to give his family a life.

Then again, Islam is only recommending women to take care of their children. Women may go to work, as long as she got her husband's permission. That would be all, actually.

Wassalamu'alaika smile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:13 pm
Emperor of Mistekreuz
Assalamu'alaika.

I never said any term related to "dominate", it's true we are superior in physical aspect, but not in the "thinking" aspect; men is not superior against women in mind. We have the exact quality and potential. And yes, it is including the potential to work.

However, since men is the head of the family.... It would be an obligation as the head of family to give his family a life.

Then again, Islam is only recommending women to take care of their children. Women may go to work, as long as she got her husband's permission. That would be all, actually.

Wassalamu'alaika smile

السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته

Ah! now I understand! Thank you!
sorry about the misinformation. sweatdrop

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

Prof Albus PWB Dumbledore

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:17 pm
Assalamu Alaykom.

Women are exalted in Islam. They are considered jewels of Islam.

It was Islam that first gave women their rights 1,400 years ago.

Muslim women were then allowed to have a piece of land, practice suffrage, initiate divorce and so forth.

Unlike the women in the Western concept which only attained their rights during the Mid-1990's.

Islam does not allow women to be exploited. Unlike those Western concepts that allow women to be prostitutes.

It is only in Islam that you would see little sexual abuse on women because of the way they protect their aurat.

But the figure of women in Islam has been corrupted by the Western people telling that the Islamic women are the ones being treated as slaves.

They got everything wrong. They failed to comprehend the very essence of women.

Islam exalts women and when a woman is pregnant she is given so much blessing by Allah.

Wassalam.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:21 pm
Further, let me provide you this information.

It is the Western people who started the concept of Man Domination and Women Subordination.

It was a man named Weber from the West who started the concept of Patriarchalism.  

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:25 pm
Assalamu Alaykom.

Women are exalted in Islam. They are considered jewels of Islam.

It was Islam that first gave women their rights 1,400 years ago.

Muslim women were then allowed to have a piece of land, practice suffrage, initiate divorce and so forth.

Unlike the women in the Western concept which only attained their rights during the Mid-1990's.

Islam does not allow women to be exploited. Unlike those Western concepts that allow women to be prostitutes.

It is only in Islam that you would see little sexual abuse on women because of the way they protect their aurat.

But the figure of women in Islam has been corrupted by the Western people telling that the Islamic women are the ones being treated as slaves.

They got everything wrong. They failed to comprehend the very essence of women.

Islam exalts women and when a woman is pregnant she is given so much blessing by Allah.

Wassalam.

...as long as it is within marriage...

I just wish I could convince my mother that Islam treats women equally...she pictures the men as wife-abusers and is afraid that will happen to me if I marry my muslim lover... gonk

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:30 pm
Zaaki
-keisha rayana hanaquil-
Ratri_Cat
Zaaki
Ratri_Cat
Zaaki

A woman have to care the childrens, like giving them milk and stuff. And the father is the leader of the family, that is logik ain't it?

But i think it's ok for a lady to be leader in a job. I don't think the qur'an says it's wrong.

what if the father wants to take care of the kids?

It's hes responsibility to do it! But first mom.

So Islam is ok with the stay-at-home dad?

yes of course because he has the responsibility too. ryt?, sweatdrop

Yes, there is nothing wrong with that! But the mom must thake care most.

it may also depend on the situation of the parents... sweatdrop  

-keisha rayana hanaquil-

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:11 pm
Emperor of Mistekreuz
Assalamu'alaika.

Um...and this is determined by whom? Does Allah state this?
Or is it simply because Islam is a patriarchal religion and things are handed down by tradition?

Emperor of Mistekreuz

Wassalamu'alaika smile

Why would a woman need permission in an equal relationship...or is "head of the family" more than just a title? That's what is confusing me. If a man is head of the family, is that just a phrase or is he DA BOSS? Which would take out the notion that the relationship is equal, wouldn't it?
If a man is in charge, he doesn't need to submit to his wife, but his wife must submit to him. Doesn't sound very equal to me.

I hope I'm not misreading you again....

sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:34 am
Ratri_Cat

Why would a woman need permission in an equal relationship...or is "head of the family" more than just a title? That's what is confusing me. If a man is head of the family, is that just a phrase or is he DA BOSS? Which would take out the notion that the relationship is equal, wouldn't it?
If a man is in charge, he doesn't need to submit to his wife, but his wife must submit to him. Doesn't sound very equal to me.

I hope I'm not misreading you again....

sweatdrop

I know I'm not the right person to answer this because the question is not addressed to me.

But the question interests me that's why I wanted to answer. My apologies for meddling in your conversation.

Anyway, the man or the father in Islam is the one who protects the family. This is among the reasons of why he is the symbol of the family because he is the one who protects his family.

A wife should seek permission from his husband if she wants to have a job outside their house so the man may assess whether or not that would be beneficial to the family or whether or not it would bring some detriments.

I'm not saying that the wife does not have the right to assess things.
But it is the husband who is the primarily source of income of the family.
So when it comes to financial matters he should be the one to decide more. But then and again the wife has a say.

To put it simple, a woman can initiate actions if she wants to work. But it is essential that the husband approves as he is the one in-charge of most of the dealings within the family. A patriarchal concept, of course.

As a parallel example is when a father dies and he has one son and two daughters and has four million left for his children.
The son receives two million while the two daughters will receive one million each.

You may say it's unfair. But it's not.

Why? Because the two million of the son will not be used by himself alone. He will use it for his own family also.
While the daughters can keep their million for themselves and their husband can be the one to take care of things.

That's what has been told to me by an Aleem. biggrin  

Zaakii

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:26 pm
I love vinegar!  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:57 am

That is very intriguing, Prof. Dumbledore!
Then what if the man is not the main source of income for the family? Does the wife still have to ask permission>
Y'see, I'm going to be in the Army as a Nurse. My hopefully-soon-to-be-husband is going to be a teacher (in fact, he will be one next year when he graduates from college).
There's already a shift in income power right there.
I'm used to the husband being in power (it's like that in my family, so its not really a new concept).

oh, you just reminded me of something else. I heard that the women do not have to pay a dowry and the husband-to-be does? or something like that? confused

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

Zaakii

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:20 pm
Ratri_Cat

That is very intriguing, Prof. Dumbledore!
Then what if the man is not the main source of income for the family? Does the wife still have to ask permission>
Y'see, I'm going to be in the Army as a Nurse. My hopefully-soon-to-be-husband is going to be a teacher (in fact, he will be one next year when he graduates from college).
There's already a shift in income power right there.
I'm used to the husband being in power (it's like that in my family, so its not really a new concept).

oh, you just reminded me of something else. I heard that the women do not have to pay a dowry and the husband-to-be does? or something like that? confused

I supose that your husband let your work... And if the man does not get enugh income, then that's hes problem dramallama  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:05 pm
Ratri_Cat
Hi.
I'm curious about the status of women in Islam.
Are women considered equal to men?

Yes women are created equal to men, in most cases, as is supported by the Holy Qur'an. But, they created equally in terms of spirituality.
For example:
'Surely, men who submit themselves to GOD and women who submit themselves to HIM, and believing men and believing women, and obedient men and obedient women, and truthful men and truthful women, and men steadfast in their faith and steadfast women, and men who are humble and women who are humble, and men who give alms and women who give alms, and men who fast and women who fast, and men who guard their chastity and women who guard their chastity and men who remember ALLAH much and women who remember HIM - ALLAH has prepared for all of them forgiveness and a great reward (33:36)

But in worldly cases the duties of men and women differ:

-Men and women are told by the Holy Qur'an that they should get an education
-Men are responsible to make the income for the family
-Women are responsible for the upbringing of children (eg. spiritual, moral, and worldly education)

This does not mean that Women cannot work. Women can work, even if there is a male who has a very high income. And this also does not mean that men are exempt from the upbringing of children. Psychologically, speaking a child needs his father as much as he needs his mother. We see how much children suffer when they do not have a father. So fathers should also play a part in the upbringing of children. Fathers should not spend their whole time making money, and ignoring his children.

What about power of the husband and wife in a family? How does that balance out?
Is anyone currently in a marriage situation in Islam? What's it like?
.....and where could I go to find more information about such things?
I was thinking about the Qu'ran...but there are so many interpretations I was thinking about visiting a mosque and talking to an imam...but I don't know how such things work and if there is a specific way to approach the mosque and the imam....  

Pheonixia

☪)Islamic Discussion(☪

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces