• Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:09 am
Wormmon
Lisa4414
uhhhh Naruto IS for kids

This was an accident and should be treated as such
What if they were playing superheros and a kid died?

Kids play pretend fighting all the time and sometimes they get hurt
It's just a shame it went too far in this case
Naruto is not for kids. it is a violent anime if you ever watch the original japanese version or read the manga. 4Kids just censored it down to make it so kids can watch it too.
this situation is pretty much the same thing when kids would jump off of high places or out their windows because they thought they were superman when superman came out with a new movie.

Well not real little kids
I consider anybody under 15 a kid

I'm going by memory but I believe the main target audience in Japan for Naruto is around 12 or 13. (it might even be younger, like 10)

That's a kid to me (I feel old! gonk )

I'm not saying that's the only people who watch and enjoy it, just who it was originally made for
Hell, I watch Naruto sometimes and I'm over 20
xp

I think in the end it's up to the parents to decide if their child can watch these shows and be ok with it
Most kids can handle watching cartoons and not go out and seriously hurt somebody imitating them but there are the few that need the extra attention  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:54 pm
Sadiya
This has nothing to do with Naruto or 4KIDS.
It's the parent's fault for not watching their kid more closely while he's out playing. You popped the mofo out, so keep a damned eye on him, returds. It's called responsibility, TAKE SOME.
&Didn't those idiots teach that apparently "smart" kid what the difference between real life and fake T.V is?
The kid should have known that he needs air to live. Isn't letting yourself getting buried headfirst into sand a bit sketchy...?

HAI PARENTS, YOU PHAIL.
D:<

Now that you mention it they DID say he was a smart child. Why wasn't he smart enough to know better? I think there is something more to this than what the news is saying. Afterall they've been after anime and video games for a while now.  

VanillaNightrail

Friendly Pup

7,350 Points
  • Generous 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Jareth Ri de Aislinge

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:08 pm
TwilightAngelRoxas
Sadiya
This has nothing to do with Naruto or 4KIDS.
It's the parent's fault for not watching their kid more closely while he's out playing. You popped the mofo out, so keep a damned eye on him, returds. It's called responsibility, TAKE SOME.
&Didn't those idiots teach that apparently "smart" kid what the difference between real life and fake T.V is?
The kid should have known that he needs air to live. Isn't letting yourself getting buried headfirst into sand a bit sketchy...?

HAI PARENTS, YOU PHAIL.
D:<

Now that you mention it they DID say he was a smart child. Why wasn't he smart enough to know better? I think there is something more to this than what the news is saying. Afterall they've been after anime and video games for a while now.

Indeed, I think they're are using this anime as an excuse.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:16 pm
Wow.

That is very depressing, but at the same time, I am getting a little morbid humor from this. Naruto killed a kid. Now I have a legitimate excuse to hate it.  

Catalog Cats

La Bijou

Swashbuckling Wench

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:57 am
Naruto did not physical hurt the kid, the kid was foolish enought to imitae something that he saw on TV.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:05 am
It all starts with pink

OMG...... O.O what the tit!!!!

HAI I'm 10 and i am berried up to my with sand..... but UP SIDE DOWN YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!

and ends with a tail

-Kandy_Cube-

Magic Girl

19,350 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150

capcartoonist

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:36 am
Stupid is as stupid does.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:19 am
they blamed the show to divert the attention from them so they wouldn't get charged with criminal neglect.
I found it weird that they emphasized the organ thing so much...  

the man of cheese

Triforce-Kun

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:02 pm
Considering my school has YouTube blocked, I can';t very well watch it now. But from the repsonses, this seems rather...idiotic.

I blame:

~The parents for being too wrapped up in their own little world of miseries to pay attention to their spawn.
~The child for believing he could do it.

I do NOT blame:

Naruto. Technically, it didn't do anything. The creator of the anime never intended for anyone to be harmed because of their anime/manga.

I'm sick of people using video games, TV, anime/manga, and music as excuses for their children either being "deranged", "messed up" or just plain IDIOTIC.

I quote Jimmy Urine of Mindless Self Indulgence:

"Before you go hauling us off to court, stop and look in the mirror, and ask yourself if you did the best you could. Because if you're thinking of taking us or any other artist to court, then you didn't."

[/rant]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:13 pm
Loveless_Rapture
OMG why didn't some one tell him that the stuff on tv is fake !

That's not something that should really be explained to a kid, it's kind of self explainatory. Maybe his imagination got to the best of him and he though "HEY! Gaara has red hair... I have red hair... I MUST BE GAARA!". I mean the kid was 10 years old, he knows what he's doing unless he's autistic or retarded.

And it's not the parents fault. They can't keep every waking moment of their lives watching the little s**t. Common sense is common, but he had none. Again, he was 10 years old, he knew better.  

Wylde Style

La Bijou

Swashbuckling Wench

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:43 pm
Triforce-Kun

I'm sick of people using video games, TV, anime/manga, and music as excuses for their children either being "deranged", "messed up" or just plain IDIOTIC.

My thought exacly.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:48 pm
Lisa4414
Wormmon
Lisa4414
uhhhh Naruto IS for kids

This was an accident and should be treated as such
What if they were playing superheros and a kid died?

Kids play pretend fighting all the time and sometimes they get hurt
It's just a shame it went too far in this case
Naruto is not for kids. it is a violent anime if you ever watch the original japanese version or read the manga. 4Kids just censored it down to make it so kids can watch it too.
this situation is pretty much the same thing when kids would jump off of high places or out their windows because they thought they were superman when superman came out with a new movie.

Well not real little kids
I consider anybody under 15 a kid

I'm going by memory but I believe the main target audience in Japan for Naruto is around 12 or 13. (it might even be younger, like 10)

That's a kid to me (I feel old! gonk )

I'm not saying that's the only people who watch and enjoy it, just who it was originally made for
Hell, I watch Naruto sometimes and I'm over 20
xp

I think in the end it's up to the parents to decide if their child can watch these shows and be ok with it
Most kids can handle watching cartoons and not go out and seriously hurt somebody imitating them but there are the few that need the extra attention
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

» It's not targeted for children in Japan. I've seen the subbed version and they cuss a bit in it and there's more blood shots in it then the dub has. 3nodding Like in the Shippuden series, Sai calls Sakura an ugly b***h once or twice. Even Yugioh is not for children in Japan because they kept everything in it. Not like America where they edit out the violent parts. Bakura in the original Japanese version stabs himself through his hand in front of Yuugi and his friends. That's not something children normally watch. :3

Wormmon
Captain

Friendly Gaian

Contessa Karnstein

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:16 pm
Poor kid. sad

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:42 pm
La Bijou
Triforce-Kun

My thought exacly.

Same. I mean, why do people have to blame others for their own bad? scream
Too bad for the kid though...His sixteen year old brother was there with him...I'm kind of surprised he didn't do anything quicker...So much for a bright kid and his older brother...  

KazeThyKage

baguettesy

Rainbow Harvester

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:28 pm
    it's the parents' fault.
    they should have been monitoring what their kid was doing.
    it's not the tv's fault that they weren't paying attention.

still, that kid should have had more common sense. by the time you're in 5th grade, you should KNOW that you can't control sand or whatever. o__O;;

welcome to - P o l l s P a r a d i s e - We need life! D:

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff