Welcome to Gaia! ::

History Huggers

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who do want to live in the past! 

Tags: history, historical 

Reply Main Forum
Governments impression on people Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which Government seems to work best?
  Democracy
  Communism
  Monarchy
  Republic
  Anarchy
  The Supreme State of Poll Whore
View Results

the grey seer
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 8:27 pm
so what should we do question  
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 7:32 pm
I don't know. It seems from the poll that most of us think a monarchy the best. Can anyone say King George?

~
(Don't worry, it's just a joke)  

Alonso Quijana

the grey seer
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 8:45 pm
wasn't he dethroned  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:38 am
Eh, I don't know if the actual British King George was...it was a joke calling the current U.S. president a king. It's kinda like when Andrew Jackson was president. You know?  

Alonso Quijana

the grey seer
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:07 pm
oh  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:06 am
King Andrew the 1st.that was actually funny. I am sorry i havent been able to do any of the series I should have it done by monday... Does anyone know what the technical 1st political cartoon was? and who it was made by?  

LightMousy
Crew

the grey seer
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:45 pm
nah  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:07 am
Extremes never work. Complete government control, communism, mean no one but the leaders will ever get anywhere and there is no reason to do anything if there is no reward. On the other hand anarchy, the absence of government, will not last long because to live in a society we must have order and to have order there must be someone to lead us. Also nothing will get done in chaos and we'll just go backwards.

So in a perfect society, with perfect people, a democracy or a republic (or combo) would work best so long as it balanced out taking care of the needs of the people and the needs of the state and still allowing independence and personal gain. Of course the world isn't perfect, so personal gain can end up being the main incentive for the government officials.

Different governing bodies work better for different organizations. Stop and reflect on what you want the government to do for you and what you want to be able to accomplish for yourself. How do you want to be lead or controlled?  

Hine-Keha
Crew

the grey seer
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:16 am
maybe  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:24 pm
Hine-Keha
Extremes never work. Complete government control, communism, mean no one but the leaders will ever get anywhere and there is no reason to do anything if there is no reward. On the other hand anarchy, the absence of government, will not last long because to live in a society we must have order and to have order there must be someone to lead us. Also nothing will get done in chaos and we'll just go backwards.

So in a perfect society, with perfect people, a democracy or a republic (or combo) would work best so long as it balanced out taking care of the needs of the people and the needs of the state and still allowing independence and personal gain. Of course the world isn't perfect, so personal gain can end up being the main incentive for the government officials.

Different governing bodies work better for different organizations. Stop and reflect on what you want the government to do for you and what you want to be able to accomplish for yourself. How do you want to be lead or controlled?

I dislike Communisms for the same reasons.

My favourite government is a democracy, and our American government is great because no one person has full control since it's distributed through the 3 branches of government.  

PiercedPixie2

the grey seer
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:14 pm
well what about all those conspirisies the goverment has  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items