[PRP] Grandma Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tisiphone

Feline Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:43 pm
His loyalty did not entirely lie with Gharadi not after the betrayal he did by mating with another female. He however was completely loyal to Amadet and a low growl ebbed deep in his throat. "This seems too much like a lie, why would she have a vendetta, against you?! You're just some lioness, my mother was a beautiful, loyal female, and just because she isn't here now doesn't mean she wont be back for us, she'll be here!" He cried out and shook slightly with anger. He'd never experienced such emotions, anger, confusion, fear, love, all rolled into one. It was like a teenage romance without the good parts, of course he did not know this.

"I cannot believe this, you have no proof? I'd have to meet Wahabu..the girls," his voice cracked mentioning them, "They'll have to too."

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:50 pm
Mtima couldn't help but smile at Pepo as he stood up for his mother despite everything, she wouldn't have really expected anything else from someone light him. She had to suppress a frown when he declared that Amadet would be back for them, and Mtima did not doubt as much- but she was already formulating a punishment for the lioness. Something had to be done, toying with Wahabu, and the cubs, all for some silly little point to be made that no one cared about anymore.

She had to give him a little wiggle room for calling her 'just some lioness' - Mtima'safi had a vain side, but she was not about to argue the point unnecessarily. He was mad, she hoped Habu would defend her to this degree.

"Why would she have a vendetta against me?" she repeated, knowing the easiest way to explain her story was going to be with the truth- but then, if he had learned some gods might play tricks it might not be so helpful, "She blames me for something that happened to her, a wrong she believes was done to her. What do you know about the gods?"

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Tisiphone

Feline Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:09 pm
He watched her waiting for a response and did not like what he heard as a response. What did Mama have to do with all of this? She was just here in the swamps! She wasn't making any sense.

"Mtima'safi...I know of Mama, she is the goddess of the swamps, but I have never seen her, what does she have to do with this? What pride? Why would she dislike you?" He had now fully hidden behind the log as he watched her. He wished the girls had been here to hear this, they would help him to understand.

"I don't know what to think," he sat down quickly watching her and seeing himself in her. "Why would Dad lie to protect her?"

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:15 pm
"Mama is not the only goddess who exists," she said carefully, knowing this would come about one way or another so she simply said it, "Meaning no offense, of course. There are many prides in Africa, and many have their own patron gods. Your mother was from one that worshiped Souls- and others- not Swamps. Your mother's sister was blessed with every marking that was held to be important within the pride, while your mother had nothing."

She sighed, continuing now despite the fact he was not behind the log.

"She blamed the gods for this, she was especially hurt when her sister ran away and the pride would not accept her in place of the runaway," Mtima added, "They were princesses, her sister was the heir to the pride until she ran away."

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Tisiphone

Feline Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:37 pm
She was insane, that was the only way to put it. She said his father was not his father, his mother betrayed his -real- father, and now she spoke of prides far away with gods, gods that to him never existed. Perhaps, she was related to him somehow and was crazy that's it.

"Listen lady, you're speaking irr-rr-rationally," he was quaking and not aware of it, "prove your story, prove that she would dislike you, I mean you could have come up with any other lie! Why would you come to me wanting to be on my good side and then say my mother didn't like you? That does make sense...unless.." it's true.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:43 pm
"Sometimes the truth can seem more complicated than the happy lies created to conceal it," she commented sadly, glancing over her shoulder to where she assumed the pride must live- continuing in the direction she'd come in. With a sigh, Mtima looked back at her very upset grandson.

"If you believe my story, there is one thing that supports it. There is a reason I mentioned specifically the god of souls," Mtima explained, "Goddess of Souls to be more specific." There was no point dancing around the truth now, it was as good as said- and with a flicker, Mtima's whole body seemed to relax as her wings and jewelery appeared into mortal view. Hopefully this would tie together all the loose ends of the story.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Tisiphone

Feline Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:05 pm
Pepo was about to open his mouth saying that he'd never heard of the goddess of souls and then, her glammer was pulled away. Eyes wide he could not take his eyes off of her.

"You're a goddess!" He gasped, "I am not saying that you are telling the truth..but how would I find this Wahabu?" And I can tell the girls, and we can see this fellow, if he was their father, they would all want to meet him. They would all have to come up with questions..proof that he was in fact their father, but if they looked like him? He did not know what to think, the shock of her changing, the shock of her story, was he the mad one?

"I..I think I believe you, Mtima'safi..if you are friends with our father, but look like us..what does that make you? You didn't answer."

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:37 am
Mtima gave Pepo a small smile as he realized what was going on, and was only a little surprised that it hadn't really changed his mind about how honest she was being. Her story was pulled together now, that was what made sense now. She hesitated at the question of how to find Wahabu, wondering how it would go if the cubs were to turn up at his den randomly. No, that would probably cause a lot of trouble for him and Intombi- but they needed to know, just as Pepo and his sisters did.

Her smile softened as he asked what she was.

"Wahabu is my son," she answered, "That makes me your grandmother."

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Tisiphone

Feline Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:17 pm
"Grand-grandmother?" He blinked at her, the only family he knew were the sisters and..well ex-dad. "Is there a lot more family? Did my dad love our mother? Can I meet him? Can I see him, with my own two eyes?" He stepped cautiously around the log his eyes on her, the girls looked like her, he looked like her. This all made sense, it had been tied back around. He did however wonder about why Amadet would do such a thing, he couldn't full heartedly believe she'd conceived them out of spite.

"What happens now?"

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:43 pm
Mtima's smile suddenly seemed more genuine and her posture much more relaxed when Pepo became enthusiastic, asking many questions about Wahabu and the true situation. She had to carefully explain it, remind him what she'd already tried to say about his mother.

"Your parents did not really know each other, Amadet only went for him because of his connection to me and he doesn't even remember seeing her," she explained, "She abandoned you and you sisters to come and find me, she told me herself when I saw her. She loves you, she was very stubborn about that- but her priorities are mixed up."

The goddess sighed.

"You have a right to see him, to meet him, just as I feel he deserves to know about you and your sisters," she answered, smiling once again, "Tell me about your sisters. How many of you are there? You have a fair sized family in the Pridelands, if I remember rightly."

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Tisiphone

Feline Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:50 pm
He sighed thinking that perhaps his mother was not who he originally thought she was. Besides, he was just a baby when he last saw her, and the situation made more sense with his dad-ex-dad taking a new mate and not giving much explanation.

"I am the only male, I have five sisters, Moyo, Kichea, Noki, Siyara, and Shemshi. They have all been called out on their naming quests leaving me here to wait until the queen calls me away." he nodded somberly, he missed them, and could not wait for the great queen to call him away to rejoin them.

"We have a plan to meet, and when we do, I will tell them of you and the entire mess with our mother." he paused, "Pride lands?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:18 pm
The goddess smiled sympathetically at the poor boy, knowing this wasn't easy but this was considerably easier than it might have been if she had gotten here when they were younger. Cubs would be easier to convince, maybe, but they also would have understood considerably less about it. She listened carefully as he listed his sisters, her eyes widening as she realized just how many cubs there were. When she'd spoken with Wahabu, he'd been going on about having cubs now- eight of them. This made a whole fourteen. Fourteen.

"Wow," she murmured, then tilted her head curiously when he mentioned name quests, "Name quests? So they're gone, and you're leaving.."

Mtima glanced over her shoulder, back the way she had come. This was a good opportunity for them to meet Wahabu, though it might not be so easy to get them all together. And she would have to go and talk to Wahabu. She sighed.

"The Pridelands is a pride north of here," she described, "It's a large land with many lions, it would not be hard to find. If you did want to go and see him, I'm sure you could find your way no problem. I can help but I have to go take care of something first."

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Tisiphone

Feline Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:34 pm
"My true name is not Pepo..I don't know what it is, each member of our pride has been given a name..like a cub's name, a pet name, our true names can only be reveled through journeying and finding ourselves," this was something he would never lose faith in. Although he knew the odds of actually coming back to his home lands...what he thought of as his home lands was slim, at least those that leave find themselves.

"Yes, the girls are gone, and it hurts..mama told me to keep them safe, and Shemshi..she left first we're all supposed to be secretly meeting up..but she wont know where to meet." so much new information and the realization that Shemshi may never be able to meet Wahabu, their father. It was all too much and his throat swelled a lump caught in it and he furiously fought back tears.

At her directions he could only nod and look away, this was his grandmother, something he never had and he did not want her to think him a weak baby.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:43 pm
Mtima smiled when Pepo explained the ritual involving their names, finding it rather amusing that he would not keep the name Pepo. Perhaps he was better off without it, her brothers were not so deserving of praise at the moment- and whenever Mtima saw them again she would make sure they knew that. She smiled sadly at Pepo when he said how the girls were gone and realized that Shemshi would not know where to meet them.

"How about this," she started, glancing off in the direction she'd come momentarily before looking back at Pepo, "You meet your other sisters wherever you planned, you can decide if you want to go and see Wahabu- and I will look for Shemshi, once I've taken care of the things I need to. All you need to do is tell me what she looks like."

She smiled encouragingly at him, trying to make his obvious distress better instead of drawing direct attention to it.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Tisiphone

Feline Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:03 pm
"You...you think you can find her?" he sniffed and looked back towards Mtima, "She's yellow, not quiet your yellow but very very similar, with red eyes, and darker spots on her shoulders. She's smart and..and I have no idea where she would be." He choked back his tears and pushed away sobs that seemed to be coming.

"I will tell them about our father, about you, and where to go, we'll decide as a group." he nodded sharply and sighed, things might turn out alright as it is.

[IC] Abandoned Swamplands [IC]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff