Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

never too much...
  gold
View Results

Lilymoon907

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:00 pm
I'm reading Blood Noir by Laurell K. Hamilton. It's the newest book in the Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter series. I love Laurell K. Hamilton's books. I recommend all of them.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:08 pm
I'm reading the wheel of time books by Robert Jordan. They are really long but they are really the best fantasy books I have ever read. I would sujest them for both girls and boys around the age of 14 and up.  

midnightangelforever

Clean Prophet

5,350 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200

Dangerous Tinfoil Shoes

Sparkly Comrade

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:41 pm
I'm reading the Charlaine Harris vampire/romance/comedy/murder-mystery books. They're based in Bon Temps, Louisiana, which is apparently near Shreveport, which is where I live, and they focus on Sookie Stackhouse, a telepathic barmaid. They're very good, I'm on the fourth book now.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:27 am

The Stolen Child by Keith Donohue and then Camouflage by Joe Haldeman.

Stolen child is really good and about changlings and Camouflage is about these two aliens who experience different sides of the world and how it conditions them for whatever.

[Chopped up underwear]

Wheezing Phantom

8,600 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Namimai

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:46 pm
Fallen Angel Louis
I'm currently RE-reading Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice. I haven't gotten to many of the realyy good parts again yet, but I have gotten past Louis's siring. (which is the sexiest siring scene I have ever read!!!!!! heart )

Loved that book!!!! I've read that and The Vampire Lestate, both very very good books! I need to get the next one...
I'm not reading any books right now really...So I've been bored.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:51 pm
Well I just started this book called "Key to conflict" by Talia Gryphon. So far it's good and there are even vampires in it, which is always a nice thing to have in some books.  

iiCookehMonstur

Aibari

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:45 pm
I'm reading American Gods by Neil Gaiman, and it's fantastic. (I'm having a bit of a Gaiman-period at the moment.) It's grotesque and funny and heart-breakingly beautiful at the same time, and I just love the concept.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:44 pm
I just finished American Gods by Neil Gaiman. It was awesome. Really made me think about things differently in the end.

I'm about to pick up Dreamcatcher by Stephen King right now.  

Shiori Yukine

aerion111

3,400 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:10 pm
Almost done with Magi by Angie Sage (wiki claims the English title is Magick, misspellings intact)
Too put it this way, I had no trouble putting the book down, though it wasn't quite boring either. If I had had access to any young-adult fantasy books, I would have taken the chance on those instead, but this worked as an alternative.
Not recommended to anyone who doesn't like books intended for kids rather than young-adults  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:55 pm
I've been reading "Dune" by Frank Herbert - I'm about halfway done. I was spoiled by the movie, though, so every time I think of Paul I see Kyle McLaughlan. smile

I'm also simultaneously reading "The Subtle Knife" by Philip Pullman. Wow, do I love that series. It's very innovative.  

Ashe Bashe

Vampire Angst

Lonely Survivor

19,550 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:59 pm
I'm reading "Acorna's Triumph", the final book in the Acorna series, written by Anne McCaffrey and Elizabeth Ann Scarborough. It's sci-fi/fantasy story about the spacefaring adventures of a unicorn girl... which isn't as girly as it sounds, I swear. XD  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:27 pm
Blood and Iron by Elizabeth Bear  

Dark Knight Ippi

Aged Gaian

12,300 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100

Lynor Eclipse

Melodious Celebrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:47 am
I finished The Journey by Brandon Bays a couple of weeks ago. Heh, though that's not sci-fi or fantasy.

I also finished reading the first draft of my friend's sci-fi novel last night. Her dad's a professional writer and she's really good, so I expect that her book will eventually be on shelves. It still has a lot more editing to go through (she's going through her 3rd and 4th revisions in the next month or two, then she's sending it to one of her dad's friends for professional level opinions). I'll drop by here and mention it when it comes out.

I'd like to start another book soon, but I don't think I'll have a chance until I'm finished my course (which ends June next year).  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:33 pm
Lynor Eclipse
I finished The Journey by Brandon Bays a couple of weeks ago. Heh, though that's not sci-fi or fantasy.

I also finished reading the first draft of my friend's sci-fi novel last night. Her dad's a professional writer and she's really good, so I expect that her book will eventually be on shelves. It still has a lot more editing to go through (she's going through her 3rd and 4th revisions in the next month or two, then she's sending it to one of her dad's friends for professional level opinions). I'll drop by here and mention it when it comes out.

I'd like to start another book soon, but I don't think I'll have a chance until I'm finished my course (which ends June next year).
does the dad have anything published? whats his name?  

Dark Knight Ippi

Aged Gaian

12,300 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100

Gunr

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:01 pm
I am currently rereading The Kinslayer Wars, by Doug Niles. It's book two of the Elven Nations trilogy in the Dragonlance series.  
75: Science Fiction & Fantasy: Books, TV, Movies

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff