Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Do you ever slip and use "txt-tlk" Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you ever slipped and used "txt-tlk?"
  Yes, I admit.
  Never!
View Results

Shoko-Howlette

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:34 am
I admit, I use txt talk more often than I would like to but I have trouble typing and most times its just faster to type lol then it is to say something funny about how hard you are laughing.

also I tend to type just like I talk so I end up having lots of "it was pretty funny... so funny that we just laughed... then we laughed some more" ok corny example but still the truth.

I use omg alot, why I'm still not really sure. I also tend to leave the apostrophes out because I type on a lap top and the apostrophe key is too close to the enter button.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:45 am
Sometimes I occasionly misspell something, but it doesn't turn out to be txt tlk, I've never actually misspelled into txt tlk  

mdarkcecil

terramaster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:04 am
I use it more of a humor device to spice my writing somewhat.

SRSLY,

ORLY?

L.O.L. is almost a standard on the internet, and it can be proper if you just add the dots. xd I also type as I would talk, so grammar is a bit harder.

Really, it's not that bad if not used constantly throughout a sentence or paragraph.

I really want to smack the Gr. 8s in my school, they are absolutely terrible and came in floods.  
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 4:23 am
To my eternal shame, I do. Usually, it's just some shorthand because I have limited time on my compy, so I'll type something like--

Haha! That's cool!
Ok I need 2 go, but I'll b back in about-

Yea. Computer shorthand.
I also use 'lol' sometimes.
redface redface redface  

xXgoth_girl12Xx

Astral Charmer

Sparkling Senshi

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 6:37 pm
sometimes when I type to fast I do slip a little. sometimes I forget to capitalize my I's as well.  
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 2:04 pm
Actually, yes I do. But not often. I usually spell out 'okay' and other such words. But on a regular basis, I do use 'lol', 'brb', and other such acronyms. Bad me. sweatdrop Sometimes, I will pick up on someone else's speech in an IM and I end up using some of their mannerisms. Its annoying, yes. But I never use 'u' or anything.

Unless I'm actually texting because...yeah...I'm not good at texting.  

Tric A Smile

Out-of-a-Music-Box

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 9:20 pm
Sometimes I'll slip up and yes, I'll do it. sweatdrop But normally I'll make the effort of spelling everything out.

One problem that has recently come up is that I have a friend who got a new cell phone and service provider. Now she's only able to receive text messages if they're 30 characters of less. It's very odd, but I guess I've sorta been forced to use text talk, in this case. xp stressed  
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 7:29 pm
I use the occasional 'omg' and 'brb' (and other three-letter acronyms).
But never anything beyond those.  

Shigures Editor

SuperDuperRockLee

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 5:07 am
wile i nvr tlk lyk ths, I sometimes say "LOL", "ROFL", "LMAO", and on very few occasions, "OMS".  
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 1:41 am
I use a couple expression, lol and lmao, but that's pretty much it unless I am in a huge hurry. When I am in a rush I usually just make typos or sometimes accidentally drop letters, rather than do any certain acts of text talk.  

Kali Eyad

Ruthless Ladykiller

9,650 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Brandisher 100

ChaoSpectre

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 8:12 am
I actually find it staggering to try to use it. I didn't really use "txt-talk" ever. Even before, when the internet as we know it was in it's infancy, I resisted. So it actually takes much more for me to think about how to translate something I want to say into something that looks like a Disney-bopping twelve year old wrote it than to actually just type it all out.  
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 5:23 pm
I rarely use text talk...

But, occasionally the BRB, OMG, and don8 pl0x. 4laugh

User Image~ Nusi

Nusi

MyOwnBestCritic

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:04 pm
Most of the time when I could use "lol," I use the "XD" emoticon. Sometimes I say "WTF of the day," using "WTF" as a noun and not an exclamatory clause. Some Gaian hats are named after txt-tlk phrases, so it's kind of hard to avoid it there. Other than that, I don't really use it much.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:03 pm
Yes, I use text-talk. However, I don't do it on accident. I'd rather use it so I can get to the point faster. It does get annoying though when someone uses it repeatedly. xd

Siharu

Falhalterra

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:59 pm
The only time I really 'txt-talk' is when talking to my boyfriend. xD It's just all cute-speak more than anything. He acts like that but he is literate....damn good writer as well, just not as inspired as I am it seems. neutral  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff