Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
What Games do you guys play? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:16 pm
Also, go with PPC's website. Taken directly from them:

Unlike many other websites (which use manufacturer shipment figures and reports to estimate current console sales), VG Chartz collects data directly from retailers all over the world. Retailer sample sizes are small compared to professional tracking services, but are large enough to provide very accurate projections of the latest console sell through figures worldwide. We are the only provider anywhere in the world of weekly American sales charts and are expanding our data collection and coverage all the time. To find out more, visit our about us and methodology page

In short - while the magazines ask the company "How many of your console did you SHIP out" these guys get data from the stores who sell them. Ship is not equal to sell.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:17 pm
nitnit
Then what exact numbers did they give saying that the PS3 has sold more consoles than either the Wii or 360?

Maybe it happened for like 1 month, but it's pretty much a fact that the Wii has sold the most consoles.

Duh. PS3 is beginning to outsell its competetors, nothing like selling over 10 million systems happens overnight. Sales rates are doubling, etc.  

Deathguiser

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:19 pm
The magazine figures were from before brawl came out btw since it was impossible for them to report on march's sales before march.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:39 pm
I enjoy a game of Scrabble from time to time, though Monopoly is also entertaining.  

Shigeru the Hero

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:41 pm
I will build hotels on everything.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:53 pm
User Image
I was bored

my milkshake brings all of the boys to the yard, and their like, its better than yours, damn right, its better yours, i would teach you but I have to Charge.> All
So I got this D: User Image

Anywayz, the best console is my BF, I play him ALL TODAY  

Kunx990

Deathguiser

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:14 pm
Yeah, I didn't think about brawl. Still, the PS3 (so far) is making its comeback.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:21 pm
Sure it is *pats deathguiser on the back*  

nitnit
Captain

Deathguiser

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:22 pm
it is, It really is (Cries)  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:37 pm
Is someone editing Kunx's posts? I can't tell.

If so, it was not me this time.  

Jonnnn

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:38 pm
Not me neither. Though, his post earlier said "Wii > everything"

!!!  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:36 pm
Pardon my recent absence. Anyways, as far as games I like, there's Brawl, Pokemon, all things Legend of Zelda, and... that's about it. I need more new games T-T.
Other than video games, I play Yu-gi-oh (and sometimes Pokemon TCG and Magic), board games when I get the chance (how do you play those online, though? Besides chess, that is), and D&D (as DM, usually, but haven't gotten a group together in ages).
Edit: I almost forgot DDR and StepMania.

(What's the scanner say about my nerdiness level?)  

darkslasherX
Crew

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:47 pm
I do believe mine is higher. I also play starcraft. Yes, that amazing RTS that came out 11 years ago.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:28 pm
nitnit
I do believe mine is higher. I also play starcraft. Yes, that amazing RTS that came out 11 years ago.
You're probably right.
And, darn... Best 11-year-old game ever, I guess. Still better than a lot of stuff that comes out today, too. Now, why isn't Blizzard doing more to make Starcraft 2 the most awesome game ever to be released? The world may never know... (also, note the key word "released")  

darkslasherX
Crew

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:33 pm
Some koreens got to play the multiplayer beta They were kinda sad that now you can select over 160 units at a time since it requires less micro. I personally am very glad for it.

Also, it's 10 years old, my bad  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces