Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Super Smash Bros. Discussion and Battling
Wolf > All other characters Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

iSephi

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:03 pm
nitnit
iSephi
7 out of 35 razz and sides, some characters just are either too powerful, or have excellent recovery against meteors.

PS the reflector wars thing was a joke, make it 5 :]

You have speed down as his weakness, but pikachu, metaknight, marth, Zero suit samus, Shielk, and a few others are all a lot faster than him.

Also, wouldn't ROB do pretty well since he can play extremely defensive, and reflect wolf's blaster with his over A I believe? (the attack where he flails his arms forward can reflect)

While we're at it, peach, mario, and zelda can also reflect his blaster, the former 2 able to return with their own ranged (din's fire cannot be reflected by wolf's reflector btw, peach's turnips suck too much to be considered really)

Also, I see Diddy Kong as a pretty good counter. Diddy out prioritizes, is faster, has a ranged, and bananas mess up all enemies.
ROB is also slow, and susceptible to dash throws. (it's over B btw) his defensive capabilities are quite good however

Diddy Screws up opponents, sure as heck.

Zelda would be extremely good. (is going to try several combinations and try to beat wolf.

Kirby might not be too bad. his dash throws are freakin amazing (now mains kirby for that and several other reasons)

Mario and Peach wouldn't do exceptionally well, but I find that mario reflecting back is sometimes reflected BACK AGAIN by the wolf player, and then it's more reflector wars, however. mario's solid speed/weight would make him quite formiddable  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:06 pm
Anyway, back on topic, wolf is a great character. Unfortunately he attracts a lot of noobs because of his high hitting attacks, but they never seem to be able to fully tap into him, and they resort to blastering every time something moves.

Has anyone here tride "Wolfdashing?" Just like snake, you can cancel his dash animation and instantly slide across the stuge while charging wolf's up smash. It's a b***h to pull off due to wolf have a short dash animation, and it will require precise timing and button changing.

Also, Wolf's reflector is possible one of the best defensive moves in the game. Discuss.  

Deathguiser

dragwarrior

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:11 am
isnt wolf's moves like foxes?  
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 2:39 pm
Wolf sorta SUCKS!  

-Dd the truswaqqed-

dragwarrior

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 4:22 pm
dragwarrior
isnt wolf's moves like foxes?

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 1:36 pm
Actually, Wolf has the same moves as Fox, but they're a little stronger than Fox's. Fox used to be my favorite character, but Wolf is now.  

RJx2541

iSephi

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 2:33 pm
His "Special" Moveset maybe, I'd just like to throw out there the concept of "Physical Attacks" Which are much different that foxes, plus, his reflecter/blaster etc. function differently that foxes.  
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 3:00 pm
RJx2541
Actually, Wolf has the same moves as Fox, but they're a little stronger than Fox's. Fox used to be my favorite character, but Wolf is now.

Wolf's moves are not the same as fox.....they are similar, I'll give you that, but they are much better, and look completely different. And to the guy who said that wolf sorta sucks, you are a retard.  

Deathguiser

DG L0N-3

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 8:49 pm
I specialize in Sonic, Snake, And dedede, and I gotta say, Wolf is one of the easiest to face, right up there with Olimar.

His downside is that he's hard to attack the enemy directly with. He's better at unorthadox fighting. And the landmaster is one of the easier final smashes to avoid.

Wolf's moves are stronger, but harder to use effectively. HIs blaster is borderline useless... whereas fox's doesn't flinch, Wolf's just flat never makes contact. And thank god, his landmaster is only around for like half the time the other two last.

Wolf....eh, he was kinda a pointless add, like Olimar. Sure, he's cool fanservice, but do we really need 3 variations of the same character?  
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 9:06 pm
his side b is not good for me, it goes up sideways  

dragwarrior

Deathguiser

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 11:50 am
Degalon3
I specialize in Sonic, Snake, And dedede, and I gotta say, Wolf is one of the easiest to face, right up there with Olimar.

His downside is that he's hard to attack the enemy directly with. He's better at unorthadox fighting. And the landmaster is one of the easier final smashes to avoid.

Wolf's moves are stronger, but harder to use effectively. HIs blaster is borderline useless... whereas fox's doesn't flinch, Wolf's just flat never makes contact. And thank god, his landmaster is only around for like half the time the other two last.

Wolf....eh, he was kinda a pointless add, like Olimar. Sure, he's cool fanservice, but do we really need 3 variations of the same character?

What are you playing robots or friends who don't know the game? Wolf flat out ons (when I play him) dedede and sonic, snake being about am edium challenge. The ony difficult move to use effectivley is his side B, and one can play wolf without extensive knowledge of how to use this move. And finally, wolf's blaster is incredibly useful, either if used for getting some nice range damage, or luring your enemies into you.  
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 5:15 pm
if u play an expert that really uses wolf to his/her advantage u can never put damage on him/her  

dragwarrior

Psychoace

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 1:23 am
dragwarrior
if u play an expert that really uses wolf to his/her advantage u can never put damage on him/her

That's not true even the top pros will take damage at one point in time or another. If that were true why hasn't he been winning major tournaments?  
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 4:01 pm
i mean a starter who never played and thinks wolf is cheap  

dragwarrior

Psychoace

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:21 pm
It's still not true.  
Super Smash Bros. Discussion and Battling

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers