Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Super Smash Bros. Discussion and Battling
FREE RAEG INSIDE Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

dragwarrior

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:47 pm
and ganon at 34? omg  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:04 pm
dragwarrior
and ganon at 34? omg
I know. it's sad really, ganondorf Pwns in the right situations. in 1v1 its basically ganons win if he can hit. his warlock choke can actually KO an opponent at the edge of a stage by sending them sprawling downward his up B has OK recovery potential, and the Warlock's foot, isnt something to laugh at. Granted he's slow as hell, but bowser is slower.

3D needs to be higher, the Jet hammer is Win in a can.

Bowser deserves spot 1 more than kirby. he has excellent KO potential, is nearly impossible to KO against anyone except wolf and falco. and just Plain PWNS

Olimar is okay. as long as no-one goes hatin about his instant Win FS

IC need to be a little higher, Okay, so no-one uses them, okay theyre hated for just being in, okay they kinda suck by themselves, but btb Coin matches just are their Forte.  

iSephi

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:28 pm
Uh, ganondorf is horrible 1v1 since he rarely actually hits. He's much better in team games where you can get distracted enemies for easy hits.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:37 pm
No. it's simple, every lightweight player will run in fear from his smashes, one on even a well played character can pretty much KO them at low Damage.  

iSephi

iSephi

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:37 pm
I Reject Everything I have said in this thread up to THIS point

there it was. anyway.

Kirby. Excellent Character, admit it, Amazing Dash throwing. His hammer takes some skill to hit with easily, but it's worth it. His stone can KO multiple opponents AND he copies those same opponents, making for some dastardly combos. Ganondorf Kirby FTW (Still needs to be lower though)

Snake, exactly as before, OK position

Meta Knight, Needs A Higher rank, Come on, Blazing Fast, Amazing Reach, winning against him is a challenge all its own!.

Ganondorf, OK so he's slow, OK so he's not that great 1v1 (unless you count the knock off flame choke combo.) But Come on, with skill you can OWN

DeDeDe, I Tried him, took out a level nine FIRST TRY! Win in a can. SRSLY

Bowser, Omg, now why is bowser at even near the botton, he deserves at least in the 20's for sheer Power.

Jiggly Pwns, Nuff Said.

Diddy's Fun, but hard to use, he still deserves higher.

Zelda, HOLY! just like the ice climbers you've got TWO characters to use! let the carnage ensue.

Ice Climbers. They're Okay, I think they deserve thier Place because of ease of use.

ROB Lol, ROB is excellent.

Toon Link, BETTER THAN LINK! TL FTW!

Peach, Float, Dair, PWN Nuff Said

Donkey K oh geez, am I gonna get ridiculed for this one. DK IS HORRID IN THE HANDSOF A NEWB! (i'm not saying for practiced peoples) he doesnt have a whole lot of range, lacks a projectile, and his giant punch is hard to hit with, granted i've spectated more than my fair share of matches where i lost 100 coins betting on anyone BUT DK but, come on, he's tough to use

G&W Look at his 2D glory, he's just Win in a can.

Pit. LOL pit, you can fly, you can fight, but what else is there? sure you can spam, sure you can camp, but youre not that great.

Ike Put him higher.

Wolf, Put HIM MUCH HIGHER

Olimar, sure he's nothing without his pikmin, and sure he lacks power, but come on, if we take final smashes into account here, Olimar's is TOP TIER.

Mario, Deserves his spot in the middle.

Wario, not a bad placement, a little on the slow side, but he's not so bad.

Pokemon trainer. once again, not so bad.

Sonic, Oh man, he has a PERFECT spot. Kill me for saying this but, sonic is not weak.

Luigi, the man in green is the one who will decide the fate of the world " Ala Super Paper Mario, he's that powerful, Okay he's funny to use at first, but he owns.

Fox, needs to be lower than wolf,

Falco, See Fox.

Yoshi, not so great, easy to use if you spam. but needs to be lower.

Ness, good character, not SO good though.

CF good placement

Lucario LOL power for damage, he's really good.

Link is good, but TL is better.

Samus good character, bad placement, Lower Please.

Pikachu Good, not so great, but good.

Marth, Excellent Character, Easy to use, and a good Defensive counter, THIS IS WHAT YOU NEED IN A BRAWLER!

Lucas DYAMN! He has power, he is VERY good, but he lacks in Move Lag, Yeah, his attacks take FOREVER to start up, unlike ness.

BEFORE YOU FLAME ME! these are opinions, I made these after a couple days of trying out about EVERY character in the game, some i have direct experience with as my mains. Thank You. :]  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:07 am
if ganon was fighting three other people teaming up on him he would win  

dragwarrior

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:08 am
Wow...i can't believe they put Sonic to high up. He's low tier as much as people think otherwise that's what he is.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:48 pm
sonic is to fast u can fall off the stage  

dragwarrior

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:07 pm
dragwarrior
and ganon at 34? omg

That is one of the 2 things right about his placements.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:31 pm
whats the other one?  

dragwarrior

Starfox64x

Devoted Explorer

7,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:15 pm
Tiers are always bull... it doesnt matter who youre playing as, it matters whos playing... Even though Ganondorf is 34, I'm very good with him, and i can kick BUTT with him! of course, I'm much better with Fox, but its still stupid...  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:34 am
Starfox64x
Tiers are always bull... it doesnt matter who youre playing as, it matters whos playing... Even though Ganondorf is 34, I'm very good with him, and i can kick BUTT with him! of course, I'm much better with Fox, but its still stupid...

A tier list is a ranking of each character's metagame, based on tournament settings. It is an indicator of how each character is expected to perform, under tournament settings, in relation to the rest of the cast. Thus, tiers measure the potential of each character based on all currently known techniques and strategies that have been shown to be useful in tournaments. Tier lists are common in fighting games as well as many other competitive games involving a large selection of characters.

The tier list does not say anything about any single matchup. For example, if two players are equally matched in skill, and one uses Fox and the other uses Pikachu, the tier list alone can not be used to predict the outcome of the match accurately. This is because the tier list looks at a character's overall potential and effectiveness, and individual matchups can be soft or hard counters that affect but do not entirely determine a character's ranking. For instance, in the aforementioned example, if the Fox vs. Pikachu matchup was dramatically tipped in Pikachu's favor, but Pikachu suffered from poor matchups against every other character in the game, it would mean that Pikachu beats Fox, but Pikachu is still worse than Fox.  

Psychoace

dragwarrior

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:01 pm
nintendo should make one then i want to see what happens  
Super Smash Bros. Discussion and Battling

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items