Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Card Battling Games
Yu-gi-oh duel, anyone? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ravemaster47

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:53 pm
i wouldn't count ours. i didn't know magician was banned. and that's kinda what saved me.

however, if you wanna go again, i have fixed up my deck and can you believe that monster reborn is back into tournament play?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:53 am
It was still a good game, so I'll count it anyways.

What's up with the ban list, though? Jinzo unlimited, Cyber Dragon semi-limited, Monster Reborn unbanned, Breaker banned? Kinda strange if you ask me...
I can see Reborn being unbanned for one list to allow people to bring out some of their old cards again, but why everything else?  

darkslasherX
Crew

ravemaster47

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:26 pm
yeah that threw me off, now i gotta find a card that lets me bring back a spell card and monster reborn is good, but it brings back too many cheap ways to play. seeing how it got banned once before, i think it'll be banned again.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:45 am
ravemaster47
yeah that threw me off, now i gotta find a card that lets me bring back a spell card and monster reborn is good, but it brings back too many cheap ways to play. seeing how it got banned once before, i think it'll be banned again.
Might I suggest Dark Magician of Chaos or The Transmigration Prophecy? Those seem to be the only good ones (besides Magician of Faith), even if Transmigration only returns cards to your deck. Still, that can be useful with the new Dark cards, as well...

Monster Reborn isn't going to last more than one ban list. Monster Reborn staying unbanned is about as likely as Yata-garasu being unbanned, even for one list. I have a hunch that Mirror Force might be re-banned soon, too. (Which reminds me, I still need to find one...)  

darkslasherX
Crew

ravemaster47

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:12 pm
darkslasherX
ravemaster47
Might I suggest Dark Magician of Chaos or The Transmigration Prophecy? Those seem to be the only good ones (besides Magician of Faith), even if Transmigration only returns cards to your deck. Still, that can be useful with the new Dark cards, as well...

Monster Reborn isn't going to last more than one ban list. Monster Reborn staying unbanned is about as likely as Yata-garasu being unbanned, even for one list. I have a hunch that Mirror Force might be re-banned soon, too. (Which reminds me, I still need to find one...)

i wish my friend would give me mine back..... and yeah, i was shuffling through my cards and i found a transmigration prophecy, i want a dark magician of chaos, but i don't gots one T.T  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:19 am
Alright, got a new deck I want to test out. Any takers? I won't bite... hard.  

darkslasherX
Crew

ravemaster47

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:06 pm
i'll face you, next time i'm on that is  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:40 am
I actually started to pay attention to the metagame, and I've noticed that spells with broken effects seem to see the most play, which really confuses me about Monster Reborn even more, but explains why Magician of Faith was banned. It also explains why Magical Stone Excavation and The Transmigration Prophecy were limited, and the prevalence of Monarchs and Chimeratech OTK explains the limitation on Cyber Dragon (hey, free tribute fodder for a game-breaking effect!), but I believe that Monarch decks only ran two in the first place, which means it really only hurt Chimeratech and Cyber End. Overload and Future Fusion were probably also limited due to Chimeratech. Breaker was probably banned for being DARK and being able to end a game by destroying your opponent's Mirror Force for free and attacking for 1600, thus helping OTK decks even more, and apparently UDE hates OTKs... blahblahblah

Woo, metagame logic.  

darkslasherX
Crew

ravemaster47

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 12:16 pm
i just realized how much potential a darkness deck has  
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 11:16 pm
ravemaster47
i just realized how much potential a darkness deck has
Yup. It can OTK without being an OTK deck. It's just that good.  

darkslasherX
Crew

ravemaster47

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 11:43 am
dark neptys, dark horus, dark creator, and doomsday horror. combine that with yubel and sangan, yoou're almosty un beatable.

i need tomatoes though. then my deck would be complete, so yeah.  
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 7:38 pm
ravemaster47
dark neptys, dark horus, dark creator, and doomsday horror. combine that with yubel and sangan, yoou're almosty un beatable.

i need tomatoes though. then my deck would be complete, so yeah.
Tomato with Yubel is epic. Just make sure to have something to kill your Yubel handy before your End Phase.

From what I've heard, Dark Armed Dragon and Dark Creator are the most broken of the dark cards. If Dark Horus negated spells like its cousins, then he'd be broken, too.  

darkslasherX
Crew

ravemaster47

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 8:47 pm
dark horus allows you to summon from your graveyard. i'm thinking about taking it out, throwing in a few raigeki breaks, and a thunder crash.

that way i can kill two birds with one stoone. and yubel's second for seems to me to be the best form. auto dark hole as well as magic cylinder it's nice.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:21 pm
Yeah. I just want a duel. I haven't played in a long time.  

Harrison Richardson

darkslasherX
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:53 am
Fireyblaze000
Yeah. I just want a duel. I haven't played in a long time.
I'm still here. I just forgot to check this sub-forum for a while...

Summer break is nigh upon me, so I'll be available just about any time of the day after today.  
Card Battling Games

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff