Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Card Battling Games
Epic Yu-gi-oh Stategy Discussion Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DistantOne

Dapper Humorist

11,600 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:43 pm
a lot of strategys these days involve monsters with low attack and magic/traps or effects that make those monsters dangerous like white magical hat+ sakeretsu armor combos like that. so if you stick with the beat down deck with lots of high attack monsters I think those kind of strategys get flattend (ex. gravekeepers, crystalbeasts)  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:26 pm
DistantOne
a lot of strategys these days involve monsters with low attack and magic/traps or effects that make those monsters dangerous like white magical hat+ sakeretsu armor combos like that. so if you stick with the beat down deck with lots of high attack monsters I think those kind of strategys get flattend (ex. gravekeepers, crystalbeasts)
Gravekeepers and CBs are more like swarm than beatdown, but both have their twists that allow them to run over decks like the ones you mentioned (Gravekeeper's Guard and Crystal Abundance, for example). Beatdown is more often just 1800 or higher monsters trying to beat down your opponent's monsters (hence the name).

Speaking of which, there's a strategy involving Skill Drain and 1900 vanillas. Stripped of their effects, your opponent's monsters don't stand up to beatdown very well. Dust Barrier also makes a good support card in that deck. Certainly not a fast strategy, but definitely a devious one.  

darkslasherX
Crew

Harrison Richardson

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:00 pm
I got 2 questions, how do you counter an Alien Deck and what cards would help a Chainsaw Deck? (Give a list for the 2nd one.)  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:33 pm
I've never seen Aliens played, and I have no idea what a Chainsaw Deck is, so somebody else is going to have to help you.  

darkslasherX
Crew

ravemaster47

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:01 pm
i'm working on an arcana force deck, it's coming along greatly, but i still need arcana force EX the Dark Ruler and a few coin re-toss.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:17 pm
Forget the second one, I figured it out. An alien deck is played to to put A-counters on the opponents monsters. A-counters take away 300 points of Atk and Def. Many Aliens can get rid of one A-counter on one monster to do different effects, like take control of a monster. The one I'm having trouble with puts like 3 A-counter on one turn, and takes control of all my monsters for a direct attack at my life points....

I don't have any cards that take away counters, so I don't have anything that can prevent him from killing my monsters.  

Harrison Richardson

ravemaster47

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:40 pm
yubel ultimate nightmare is the combo for that.yubel ultimate nightmare has no atk or def but a kick a** ability, so you won't take any battle damage technically speaking  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:47 pm
ravemaster47
yubel ultimate nightmare is the combo for that.yubel ultimate nightmare has no atk or def but a kick a** ability, so you won't take any battle damage technically speaking

That card is only good for guarding your life points when you have no other monsters since it can't deal damage unless it is attacked. The alien cards can put A-Counters on it and take over it with the ability of Alien Hypno. Also, when the duration of the time that the opponent has Yubel is over, he's not returned to your field. Oh no. He is destroyed and sent to your graveyard. So, you got a dead monster in the end.  

Harrison Richardson

ravemaster47

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:54 am
actually, i found yubel is easily one of the strongest monsters in the game, not to mention hardly anyone plays an alien deck. and when yubel is destroyed, his second form comes out making it even batter for me. yubel is a great card. and it runs nicely if you have a deck made for it.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:27 pm
Well...Yubel is extremely hard to summon. Normally, really good cards have effects that make it easier to summon them. You have to sacrifice 3 monster just to get out Yubel and after that you have to sacrifice on monster every turn. If you stall long enough, Yubel will kill itself.

*Edit-I'm not saying Yubel isn't good, I'm just saying he can be countered.  

Harrison Richardson

Pent and Ten

Moonlight Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:55 am
Draw power that annoys all:
Fox Fire x3
Card of Safe Return  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:21 pm
Fireyblaze000
Well...Yubel is extremely hard to summon. Normally, really good cards have effects that make it easier to summon them. You have to sacrifice 3 monster just to get out Yubel and after that you have to sacrifice on monster every turn. If you stall long enough, Yubel will kill itself.

*Edit-I'm not saying Yubel isn't good, I'm just saying he can be countered.

you don't sacrifice three, it's just two monsters. and mystic tomatoes make summoning a yubel quite easey. then there's raigeki break, as well as some other choice destruction cards to destroy yubel for his second form.  

ravemaster47

PhoenixBlade983

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:51 pm
Dark Gaia OTK and Batteryman OTK FTW!

Not to mention the Dark Creator and Dasher Turbos are pretty nice.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:40 pm
limit reverse works well with yubel. now only if i can get my hands on a few DADs.... then i can just run down people in a matter of seconds. also, i'm going to regionals in ft. worth on the 6th.  

ravemaster47

PhoenixBlade983

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:22 pm
ravemaster47
limit reverse works well with yubel. now only if i can get my hands on a few DADs.... then i can just run down people in a matter of seconds. also, i'm going to regionals in ft. worth on the 6th.

Lol good luck with that, you'll need like $300 for two.
Anyways you're lucky you can go to regionals, Some of mine are only an hour away but I can't get a ride.  
Card Battling Games

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff