Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Common Room~* (chatterbox, life, socializing)
Jewelry????.........( how long was that misspelled????) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AiRune

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:21 pm
You could go to the craft section of a store or a craft store and find more black cording that you like.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:53 pm
I don't have any religious jewelry for now, but I hope to have a Thorr's Hammer necklace by the end of the year.

My everyday jewelry are a pair of earrings my finace gave me during our first bout of dating, my engagement ring, and a ring that belonged to my grandmother.  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

MoldyTofu

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:51 pm
I have a locket that's supposed to prevent me from forgetting my friend... (who moved to the other side of the country.)

I also have a necklace that's supposed to keep evil away.... I'm not sure it works though... xp  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:49 am
It was a time I used to wear several charms at the same time, three of them was my birthstones that I were to fortify so aspects of my personality and the last was a fairy with amber pendant, the charm of guidance and symbol of my goddess, but now I'm only wearing the eye of Neverwinter Nights pendant- though some thinks it's really an amulet xd

I'm thinking about making a silver moon pendant smile

Peace
Mea  

Verbeley

Columbae

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:18 pm
I couldn't afford to buy a pentacle necklace, so I sat down with a spool of jewelry wire and made my own. It's not perfect, and it's sort of lopsided and I have to tuck back one of the wires a lot, but it symbolizes my faith. I only take it off to shower.

And I have a little adjustable Virgo necklace that I wear cos it's cute. O:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:02 pm
I never take off my Pentacle ring, my Claddagh ring (I'm Irish), and my Wedding ring.

I don't wear the following as much anymore:
A metal dragon wrap-around arm band
A double crystal necklace (one end is red the other white) with a faery on it.

And I'm working on making some jewlery like a Petagram necklace, and some other stuff.  

Mayuki Tsukino

Korealia

Distinct Seeker

3,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:11 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.My husband bought me one of these for my 26th birthday, so I'll have had it five years in October. I love it. I confuse people all the time. ninja They ask me if I'm jewish or if i'm part of the women of the eastern star. if they actually recognize what it is, they don't generally outrightly accuse me - they ask me what my necklace means. and i smile really big and get this vapid look, saying, "Oh, I really love knotwork and I love stars. It was the best of both worlds, so my husband bought it for me." rolleyes Mine has a moonstone with blue hues, and I take it off to shower, but that's about it. I wear that and my wedding ring. My wedding ring I never take off. 4laugh  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:30 am
Brazzle Dazzle Day
I couldn't afford to buy a pentacle necklace, so I sat down with a spool of jewelry wire and made my own. It's not perfect, and it's sort of lopsided and I have to tuck back one of the wires a lot, but it symbolizes my faith. I only take it off to shower.

And I have a little adjustable Virgo necklace that I wear cos it's cute. O:

I've started with wire smile I think it's even better to do something by your own than to by it.

Korealia- I think it is really lovely pendant (and I guess great gift from your husband- so sweet)  

Verbeley

Dragonspeech

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:13 pm
I never used to wear any jewelry. But now I have a bracelet that commemorates the day that my fiance and I started dating. Its one of those sectioned, italian bracelets that you can put little, uh... Charm/Thingies on it. (I have a lizard to represent a dragon, The month and day of our finding each other, a Treble clef (G-clef as I call it really.), a Paint pallet, Chinese symbol for love - I think, and a pair of animals - dog and cat silowette.) It snags on my shirts and puts holes in them. Silly lizard.

Then he gave me a real (and quite LARGE) ruby, heart pendant surrounded by little diamonds. Ruby being my month's birthstone and for my birthday, oh-ho-ho-ho, my charming rascal. To which his last gift - is my engagement ring. These I never take off. Except the necklace when I take a shower.

I have a special Pentacle that I got about a year ago. I used to wear it all the time. I got quite a range of looks from people I work with. From disgusted to open loathing, to neutral looks. I admit - some were curious, and one woman, near holiday up and greeted me and wished me well. I was so, shocked that I could only stammer out a thank you, you too.

... Recently... the chain and pendant itself stains my neck quite an ugly color so I need a new chain for it, or cording, and figure out why its turning my skin green. Thats... not a good sign.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:29 pm
Ive got a necklaced with three small charm/pendant things. Two square gems, one a clear purple with an oval metal piece with pisces symbol stamped on it attached, another like that but with a black stone with red veins and scorpio symbol stamped into the metal oval. Between them is a rectangle of metal with a taurus symbol stamped into it. THe two gem pendants are two of my closest friends and the middle one is my own symbol.

I also wear my class ring, for obvious reasons. Its emerald stone with art palette inside the stone, school mascot on one side and taurus bull on other side. In steel.

Lastely is a ring I occasionally wear that I made myself. Simple silver sheetmetal band with a copper sheetmetal band over it. The copper has holes going through the middle as well as half circles goin g up either side. The copper is patinaed(looks like its been in water for a long time) and where the two ends of the copper sheetmetal meet theres a silver cup with a amber stone with white stripes inside.

((sorry didnt mean to write so much detail >.<))  

necrofade

Romantic Shapeshifter

7,250 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Cats vs Dogs 100

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:24 am
I don't have any jewelry I wear on a regular basis. I have a ton of jewelry (I make my own, which is why), but I don't tend to wear it if I'm not planning to leave the house. And I don't leave the house much.

That being said, I have a lot of very ritual-specific jewelry, that I do not wear outside of ritual for any reason. I do have a coven sigil I am supposed to wear every day, but since we haven't gotten the new silver ones yet, mine is still bronze, which is not a metal I like to wear much.

What I do choose to wear when I wear jewelry depends on my mood, the day, and what I'm doing. My favorites tend to be garnet, labradorite, carnelian, amber, and onyx, but there are many other things I wear. Sometimes I am not in the mood for my own beaded items, but I will wear one of my many wire-wrapped stones or silver pendants on a chain. I tend to collect raven pendants.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:36 am
I wear a plain silver ring on my right ring finger pretty much 24/7, and a pewter necklace I avoid taking off if humanly possible.

It's shaped kinda like an arrowhead, a little, and has an image on it that looks like this:

User Image

I don't know what it means. Seems more Nordic than Celtic. I think the birds are meant to be individual... things, because they all look different. Dunno though.

....anyone have thoughts?  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

lunasif

Chatty Shapeshifter

4,750 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:40 pm
Lol, although I have enough jewellery to make a small treasure trove, (which I did. >.> ) I only ever wear jewellery that I've made myself. I just prefer the feel of it. I like to charge my jewellery with energies and memories, so I prefer knowing everything about the piece of jewellery. Though I cant make metal stuff since I dont have the equipment, and I prefer wood anyway. I have a lot of laburnum wood which I use since the stuff is harder than oak and near indestructible...

Anyway I recently moved onto a new pendant like a hermit crab since the I got a little tired of the old one, and the new one I made was much better. I tend to stick to carving my guardian, a winged wolf with a fish tail... (yeh its a little out there I know... ) Since I wanted the same energies to stay with the necklace I painstakingly moved every little detail I could from the old onto the new one.

I have several features on my guardian pendants, its hung on a black cord, its got ruby eyes from an old Egyptian ring my dad gave me (it was broken already...), a shiny piece of iron ore I cracked out of a rock myself for its mind, so its on its forehead, and a fire opal in a heart shape on its chest. On its back are small stones from everywhere I've been, so I literally carry a piece of my favourite places where ever I go. It kind of eases the homesickness I get for several places...

So I wear it constantly, only taking it off for watery activities and sleep. If I'm not wearing it I usually leave it on my altar. Anyway sorry about all the detail, but I'm bored, and havent been around much so I dont know if this will get read anyway....  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:15 am
Lunasif, please break up your paragraphs. Your posts are very hard to read.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

lunasif

Chatty Shapeshifter

4,750 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:56 pm
Sanguina Cruenta
Lunasif, please break up your paragraphs. Your posts are very hard to read.

Okay then, sorry about that, I was tired yet bored when I typed everything, which isnt a good combination... and I wasnt sure whether people would pay attention or not. And that bird in your picture reminds me a lot of the mythical Liver (pronounced ly-ver) bird, but I doubt thats it. It still looks like some kind of inland water bird... or a Cormorant. I would guess they have water weeds in their mouths, but it also suggests that its the end of the bird in fronts tail... though the shaping is odd... The wing patterning and other aspects do look more nordic, though the triple aspect and delicate art nouveau like line work does lend itself to a more celtic style... I'd be interested to know if you find out anything about it.  
*~Common Room~* (chatterbox, life, socializing)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games