Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Conundrumm

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:53 pm
Reason To Break The Habit
Fourth's a charm.

w.a.s.t.e.d e.n.t.i.t.y
Barefoot, restless, and without a care in the world, Shira Anzen could not figure out for the life of her why she was putting herself through the agony of allowing herself to continue the slow disintegration of her lungs. It was three a.m. and the dark skinned woman was taking in one last slow drag of her burning tobacco. Why she up this early? Not even Shira knew. Normally if she had some time, she would just open up her bedroom window and light a quick one; letting no one know that she was still continuing her dirty habit.

But for some odd reason, Shira couldn't stand to just hide out in her room. Her mind couldn't comprehend why her body was itching to get outside. With an over sized black hoodie thrown on her sleeping ensemble of tank top and shorts, she had dragged herself out and onto the small condo's patio. Surrounded by small potted plants and banister gardens, she leaned onto the metal that keep patrons from falling into the streets of ********> Shira rasped and flicked her cigarette over the banister and into the brightly lit city. Hopefully it wouldn't hit any unsuspecting fool on it's way down to the sidewalk. "Por qué estoy incluso aquí..." Shira mumbled to herself as she reached into her pocket for her crumpled pack of Malboro.

zigeunerweisen`
Liet had very, very quietly let herself into the apartment. Yeah, it was locked. But she was very good at getting into places she wasn't supposed to be, and since Vast was... gone... from where-ever he had found this little girl, it was left to her. This was another guardian she'd found with the help of Avedis. Hell, she was just glad she'd found this guardian. Because this little girl really needed someone.

"I'm sorry for picking your lock," she said. "But you're too high off the ground for me to get this little girl to you without flying and that's hard." It was true, by the way. This little girl was a lot lighter than the other Illu she'd found- and inadvertantly effected- but she was still heavier than the slight Liet could manage comfortably. "Are you sure you should be smoking?"

w.a.s.t.e.d e.n.t.i.t.y
At the sudden intrustion the voice called, Shira had dropped the unlit stick from her mouth and spun around, scared shitless, reaching for the closet thing she could find. Unfortunately for her, this was a very un-intimidating empty pot. "Holy- who the hell are you?"

Shira didn't know if she should have been more surprised by the fact that there was a stranger intruding her home, or that the stranger was apologizing for doing so and commenting on her smoking habits. "I doubt someone who breaks into another's home would normally comment on the owner's way of living." She said dryly.

zigeunerweisen`
Liet patted the thick black hair on the baby's head as she stirred. "Well, it's just, she's yours and I had to get her to you. It wouldn't be right to just leave her on your doorstep, would it?" Conveniently, she ignored the question as to her identity. "And smoking will make her sick."

w.a.s.t.e.d e.n.t.i.t.y
....Of all the damn things that could have happened; getting harassed, beaten, thrown of the damned patio for Christ's sakes. No. I get a damn baby. Shira's thoughts were adverted, not noticing the avoidance the other took as to who she was.

"You've got to be shitting me." She lowered her arm, placing the flower pot onto the stand next to her.

zigeunerweisen`
"No," Liet said. "And I don't think you should be talkin' like that around her." She was in a good mood and not cursing. Admittedly, she was a child and so shouldn't talk like that anyway.

w.a.s.t.e.d e.n.t.i.t.y
It was like having three flashbacks, except in the form of children as she glanced at squirming bundle in the child's arms. A headache had started to form. Shira knew all too well where this was going, and her immediate response came all too easily.

"How I communicate to baby burdening lock pickers would be of my own choice, I'd like to believe." Shira sighed and ran a hand through her hair. Maybe it was how early it was in the day, or how little sleep she'd actually gotten beforehand, but Shira's words were sounding especially bored considering the situation. Her insults had no bite to them, and one would think that Shira was a little too familiar with this situation- and they would be correct.

"I don't know who you think you are, but I can tell you right now that you have the wrong person." She turned and frowned at the broken cigarette at her feet. As if completely ignoring the situation, she pulled out a new one and searched her pocket for a lighter.

zigeunerweisen`
"No, I don't," Liet snapped. "You're Shira Anzen. She's yours. The bond sees you just like it sees me." Of course, she didn't really want to leave the little girl with someone who wouldn't appreciate her. It tended to make kids like, well, Liet, who wore leather and cursed and kicked puppies. Well, Liet didn't kick puppies, but she stomped on flowers and beat little kids up and intended to pick up smoking and alcohol when she was older. But that was different. She didn't have any kids, and Shira Anzen did. Even if she didn't acknowledge it.

w.a.s.t.e.d e.n.t.i.t.y
Shira twitched when Liet had said her name. A newly lit cigarette faltered and twitched between her gritted teeth. How the ******** the stalker knew her name, she had no idea. It only made Shira more convinced to move out of Gaia; everyone seemed to know her and have 'fate' related things to drop on her.

"You people and your cryptic magic s**t." Shira forced out smoke and snubbed the flame on the blue railing, "And keep your voice down kid, regular children like to sleep at this time of night." She took an indirect hit at Liet and walked over to her. "Let me see him...her." She had to correct herself- all three children previously entrusted with being boys.

"I can't keep taking in strays," Grey eyes winced as she reached out and slowly accepted the responsibility; unsure on just how much she could fight without being too annoyed.

zigeunerweisen`
She let it go, since she was getting her way, and handed the baby girl over to Shira. "She doesn't have a face," Liet said uncertainly. Stealthily, she began to inch backwards towards the door. "It's not, like, gross or anything. It's just not there."

w.a.s.t.e.d e.n.t.i.t.y
"Doesn't have a face?" Shira said with not so much disturbance as confusion. The child felt light in her hands, and as if shadowy hands were encompassing her a surge of sadness swept up her spine.

How the hell does a child not have a face? "What the hell happened to her?" Shira had not noticed Liet try to escape, and didn't look up as she uncovered the child slightly to take a closer look. To her surprise, she found a smooth, pearly mask in the place of a chubby baby face.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:21 pm
Long Lost Enteries
What happened to the child?

Shira Anzen
Hi there.
April 25th, 2008

Been awhile since I've written in this dusty old thing. I forgot how weird it was to write in one of these. It feels like I'm talking to myself all over again.

Regardless, I suppose I'll fill you in on some things:

- Dante has permanently moved in. He now sleeps on a futon he bought himself. (Surprise)

- I have one more son: A little boy named Arthur, whom I was forced to take upon finding a foreign scroll.

- The charge, a crystal named Ethan, has been returned to me. I had originally obtained him right after Demos. I was surprised to find that he was still a future child under my care after giving him up.

- With two sons and an oncoming third, Samantha has convinced me to move. She has given me a deal on the townhouses she's invested in. I'm debating on another possible job that was...offered...to me in order to pay the rent.

As of recently:

- I've just become guardian to a fourth charge; a girl.

The kid is defiantly strange. She does not cry out, much like Demos hadn't, has gray, sun-deprived looking skin, and an un-removable pearly mask covering her face. This drop off was a change- she was delivered without a lucid dream, or by series of questions, or by some ancient ritual with old artifacts. This time she was delivered like someone would deliver an actual human for a change. Although...it was still by a pickpocket.

What the ******** is wrong with Gaia? I refused the child. I actually reacted on a whim in the right direction for a change and refused, but I still wound up pitying the thing. It's absolutely ridiculous, I never win.

I've become too soft.

She whines from time to time, meaning I have to hold her just as much as I held her now older brother. I knew he had an abusive reason for it, but what I can't help to wonder what is hers.

The first year on Gaia wasn't this unlucky...in a sense. I certainly didn't end up with an abundant amount of children when I had first moved here. Why is the second one full of nothing but children and paycheck to paycheck living?

Conundrumm

Conundrumm

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:35 pm
Get up.  
Diaries

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items