Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia for everyone who wanto learn about Islam! Or for those muslims who wanto meet muslims. Or if u wanna have fun!!!! 

Tags: Muslim, Islam, Religion, Islamic, United 

Reply ☪)Islamic Discussion(☪
Jesus in Islam? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Dead Terrorist Achmed

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:50 am
Prof Albus PWB Dumbledore
Ratri_Cat
Lily Da Bangali Rani
Zaaki
Lily Da Bangali Rani
I have a question.

Accdg to the Exodus no one can see God because he would die. But you refer to Jesus as God. And no one died because of seeing him. I hope you understand the logic.

Explain that to the Christians...

Im Muslim and believe that Jesus was a prophet... not a god

Acturally he was talking to a chrisian wink

Lol, i was making sure the Christians new that rofl

السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته
whaaat....?
That's usually the reason why some Christians hate Muslims...is because you people don't see Jesus as God.
...quite frankly I think they're being silly and childish....

Jesus is just a prophet/ messenger of Allah. he is not God.
That's what we believe in. You hate us for that?
I think she is talking about the strange fundamentalist Christians that advocate that....ugh, I get it all the time in Texas....mention I'm Pakistani and it's practically a witch-hunt...

Yes, I am a flaming Muslim...but Allah loves me!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:29 pm
Ratri_Cat
Lily Da Bangali Rani
Zaaki

whaaat....?
That's usually the reason why some Christians hate Muslims...is because you people don't see Jesus as God.

I think she is talking about the strange fundamentalist Christians that advocate that....ugh, I get it all the time in Texas....mention I'm Pakistani and it's practically a witch-hunt...

it sure is strange.  

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:28 pm
Ratri_Cat
Lily Da Bangali Rani
Zaaki

whaaat....?

it sure is strange.
Tell me about it...I'm Christian and I don't understand the logic behind it...  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:59 am
okay..the story behind jesus became a god

well actuallly a study related to the scrolls found 8 the black sea shows that....a man name Saul..( myb one of the disciples or mayb St Paul? dont really sure....started this

he try to increase its influences....through christianity

how??

he try to created a connection in basic pagan religion concept...eg the egyptian, hindus n so on

there the concept of trinity....father god, son god n the holy spirit....he come up with this idea in related of other trinity concept that old time society used too e.g the 3 egyptian god...dont remember their name...n also hindus brahman, shiva n vishnu...

therefore comes the concept jesus as the son of god within the trinity concept.....

that is why modern christianity has a lot similiraty in egyptian n pagan religious...watch the movie Zietgiest....download it from veohTV  

XeroRyn

XeroRyn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:05 am
thats is why we muslim have the shahadah......the 1st thing in Islam....... " ash hadual laillahailallah, wa ash hadu anna muhammadar rasulallah" their is no god except for allah n muhammad is his messenger" become the base of our faith....

no trinity concept!!!!!  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:05 pm
XeroRyn

well actuallly a study related to the scrolls found 8 the black sea shows that....a man name Saul..( myb one of the disciples or mayb St Paul? dont really sure....started this

how??

he try to created a connection in basic pagan religion concept...eg the egyptian, hindus n so on

there the concept of trinity....father god, son god n the holy spirit....he come up with this idea in related of other trinity concept that old time society used too e.g the 3 egyptian god...dont remember their name...n also hindus brahman, shiva n vishnu...

therefore comes the concept jesus as the son of god within the trinity concept.....

that is why modern christianity has a lot similiraty in egyptian n pagan religious...watch the movie Zietgiest....download it from veohTV

zietergiest is total bullshit. Random connections with some similarities.. I watched it, and I've studied religious history.

Yes, there are some pagan concepts in Christianity. Most of it has to do with the timing of holidays to make those who were gentiles feel more welcome. For example, Dec. 25th for the winter solstice. It's timing. Roman pagans thought Christians were cannibals because we believe that when we celebrate Mass, at the time of the Consectration, the bread and wine become the actual Body and Blood of Jesus....Roman Catholics believe this.

for the hindus, brahman is not just a god, he is an entity which other gods and humans achieve for. Hindus want to become one with brahman to escape reincarnation

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

Thou Exalted

5,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:58 am
I've also always wondered how Jesus "died" for your sins and opened the gates of heaven, yet if all christians are sinless, why are they not in Heaven right now? As well as the fact that you can do just about anything bad to anyone and still be considered one who is saved and going to Heaven, even if you murder thousands of people from anywhere. It just never made sense to me. confused  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:58 pm
Haydar the Truthful
I've also always wondered how Jesus "died" for your sins and opened the gates of heaven, yet if all christians are sinless, why are they not in Heaven right now? As well as the fact that you can do just about anything bad to anyone and still be considered one who is saved and going to Heaven, even if you murder thousands of people from anywhere. It just never made sense to me. confused

well it's not that simple. Yes, Jesus died and opened the gates of heaven...but that is only because the gates of heaven were closed because Adam and Eve disobeyed God and got kicked out of the Garden of Eden.
And Roman Catholics (which I am) believe that there are three major realms in the after life, starting from the highest and holiest.
1) Heaven (only pure souls/perfect/sinless can live here
2) Purgatory (it is considered a 'cleansing site' for your sins. Since nobody is perfect, most people go through this. It is a waiting time, a place of penance for your sins. Once you are done, you can go to heaven...there are many levels of purgatory...the ones with the worst sins are closest to hell)
3) Hell- this is for people who reject God completely. There is no hope for them at all. They have repeatedly denied God's mercy and refuse to acknowledge him. There is no going back once you get to hell

Now the concept of Jesus saving us/opening the gates of heaven means that believing in him/following his teachings, ect, will INCREASE your chances of going to heaven (after all, we are humans and imperfect creatures). Other new Christian denominations wrongly state that if you believe in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, you got an immediate ticket to heaven. THIS IS WRONG. Catholicism, the original foundation of Christianity and the oldest with Greek Orthodox....DO NOT SUPPORT THIS IDEAL. It is a false doctrine and representation of Christianity.

And if you murdered thousands of people and believed in Jesus and were sorry for what you have done, you probably wouldn't go straight to heaven...more likely spend a long time in purgatory.

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

Thou Exalted

5,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:20 pm
Ratri_Cat
Haydar the Truthful

well it's not that simple. Yes, Jesus died and opened the gates of heaven...but that is only because the gates of heaven were closed because Adam and Eve disobeyed God and got kicked out of the Garden of Eden.
And Roman Catholics (which I am) believe that there are three major realms in the after life, starting from the highest and holiest.
1) Heaven (only pure souls/perfect/sinless can live here
2) Purgatory (it is considered a 'cleansing site' for your sins. Since nobody is perfect, most people go through this. It is a waiting time, a place of penance for your sins. Once you are done, you can go to heaven...there are many levels of purgatory...the ones with the worst sins are closest to hell)
3) Hell- this is for people who reject God completely. There is no hope for them at all. They have repeatedly denied God's mercy and refuse to acknowledge him. There is no going back once you get to hell

Now the concept of Jesus saving us/opening the gates of heaven means that believing in him/following his teachings, ect, will INCREASE your chances of going to heaven (after all, we are humans and imperfect creatures). Other new Christian denominations wrongly state that if you believe in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, you got an immediate ticket to heaven. THIS IS WRONG. Catholicism, the original foundation of Christianity and the oldest with Greek Orthodox....DO NOT SUPPORT THIS IDEAL. It is a false doctrine and representation of Christianity.

And if you murdered thousands of people and believed in Jesus and were sorry for what you have done, you probably wouldn't go straight to heaven...more likely spend a long time in purgatory.

Shame thats what most Christians who aren't Catholics believe, Anyway that makes way more sense but still I can't really agree to the whole "innocent person" taking it for every guilty person on earth ideal.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:49 pm
Haydar the Truthful

Shame thats what most Christians who aren't Catholics believe, Anyway that makes way more sense but still I can't really agree to the whole "innocent person" taking it for every guilty person on earth ideal.

Indeed.

Anyhow, the action is symbolic. I mean, for us Catholics, the real symbol of love is not some pink heart or some lovey-dovey symbol like that. No, for us the symbol of true love is a dead guy hanging on the cross.

You know why?

Because love is self-sacrificing. Love never asks for anything in return.

Let me put it in another way...

God loves all his children, yes? He is merciful and all loving. He does not care about anything else except that we are His children, and loves us each and every one of us very much. He came down to earth as a frail human being to bring us back to him. He, the great lord of the heavens and the earth, allowed himself to be mocked and executed under false pretenses. But in doing so, he was able to guide us back to the right path.

The concept of Jesus dying and resurrecting comes from what we Catholics call the "Paschal Mystery"
This ideal is summed up in this short phrase:

" Even through the greatest suffering imaginable can bring forth life in abundance...."

Despite our greatest sorrows and trials, God will be there for us and help us, and ease our suffering.

I hope I explained it you. If not, I will try and clear it up.

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

Thou Exalted

5,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:59 pm
Quote:

Indeed.

Anyhow, the action is symbolic. I mean, for us Catholics, the real symbol of love is not some pink heart or some lovey-dovey symbol like that. No, for us the symbol of true love is a dead guy hanging on the cross.

You know why?

Because love is self-sacrificing. Love never asks for anything in return.

Let me put it in another way...

God loves all his children, yes? He is merciful and all loving. He does not care about anything else except that we are His children, and loves us each and every one of us very much. He came down to earth as a frail human being to bring us back to him. He, the great lord of the heavens and the earth, allowed himself to be mocked and executed under false pretenses. But in doing so, he was able to guide us back to the right path.

The concept of Jesus dying and resurrecting comes from what we Catholics call the "Paschal Mystery"
This ideal is summed up in this short phrase:

" Even through the greatest suffering imaginable can bring forth life in abundance...."

Despite our greatest sorrows and trials, God will be there for us and help us, and ease our suffering.

I hope I explained it you. If not, I will try and clear it up.

I understand what your saying, it's just how Modern day Christians (I'm just using all the different sects in one) seem to follow just Jesus through this way or that way, Also confused about the whole violence the Catholic Church's placed on other people's around the region as well as the America's. But that makes more sense than the nonsense certain people spurt out. I don't think I could ever accept the whole sacrificing deal though. I just always treat this thought as a injustice so you'll have to excuse me. smile  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:40 pm
Haydar the Truthful

I understand what your saying, it's just how Modern day Christians (I'm just using all the different sects in one) seem to follow just Jesus through this way or that way,

Modern-day Christians, 'born-again' Christians....while they fit the schema of being Christian in general areas...they lack the truths and traditions that the original Christian Church...the Catholic Church was founded on and keeps to this day. They are merely a shadow of the Catholic Church...sadly more and more of these types of branches and followers are popping up, completely marring the name of Christianity. Much like your extremist Muslims I suppose. They don't represent the true faith.

Haydar the Truthful
Also confused about the whole violence the Catholic Church's placed on other people's around the region as well as the America's.

what? come again? Every religion has its own period of violence as it seeks to dwell comfortably in the world, refine itself, and adapt to changing times.
Catholics went through it, Pagans have done so, Protestants...and it seems this is the time for Muslims....

Haydar the Truthful
I don't think I could ever accept the whole sacrificing deal though. I just always treat this thought as a injustice so you'll have to excuse me. smile

eh, it's a tough concept. Even normal Christians have a tough time wrapping their mind around it.

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

Thou Exalted

5,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:16 pm
Ratri_Cat
Haydar the Truthful

I understand what your saying, it's just how Modern day Christians (I'm just using all the different sects in one) seem to follow just Jesus through this way or that way,

Modern-day Christians, 'born-again' Christians....while they fit the schema of being Christian in general areas...they lack the truths and traditions that the original Christian Church...the Catholic Church was founded on and keeps to this day. They are merely a shadow of the Catholic Church...sadly more and more of these types of branches and followers are popping up, completely marring the name of Christianity. Much like your extremist Muslims I suppose. They don't represent the true faith.

Haydar the Truthful
Also confused about the whole violence the Catholic Church's placed on other people's around the region as well as the America's.

what? come again? Every religion has its own period of violence as it seeks to dwell comfortably in the world, refine itself, and adapt to changing times.
Catholics went through it, Pagans have done so, Protestants...and it seems this is the time for Muslims....

Haydar the Truthful
I don't think I could ever accept the whole sacrificing deal though. I just always treat this thought as a injustice so you'll have to excuse me. smile

eh, it's a tough concept. Even normal Christians have a tough time wrapping their mind around it.

What I meant by the whole "America's" Violence thing was the colonization times where British/France groups would race for American soil, as well as the whole "If your not Christian you must die" thing, Which I must say, many extremist "Muslims" do these days. As well as the Spanish Inquisition and what not, Sure Islam was spread by Violence but it's not all "Leave no one alive" situations, they simply fought back against the oppressors, But I won't get into that. Also from what I remember Islam has been spread about by choice if you wish to join or not, not forcing someone, of which Muslims believe to be haram.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:20 am
No offence but if u use ur head to find god u aint gonna find it u juz got to believe even if tht u can see Allah juz believe  

iInfektedTissue

Sparkly Fatcat

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:04 am
XeroRyn

how??

ÉN verekszik részére Isten , országom és családom

you're using ZIETERGIEST as a source?

I nearly snorted milk up my nose laughing. Their sources are bad. Really ******** bad. And there are even more people who can counter the Zeitergiest's outrageous claims.

Yes, Christianity has pagan sources (symbols in Easter, when Christmas is, even celebrating christmas, ect), but it is not derived off of an egyptian-hinu connection.

You do realize that Zeitergiest is a bunch of fanatics, no? I've got non-Christain, non-religious friends that have proven Zeitergiest's information edgy at best. Seriously, give a better source than that.

...kit ugye verekszik részére?

☪)Islamic Discussion(☪

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces