Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Super Smash Bros. Discussion and Battling
Yoshi. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Deathguiser

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:26 pm
Who cares? A good player can easily avoid the bull and the bomb. And if you know how to jump, you can easily reach the other player. Also, you seemed to spam the moves easily so I would say they are quite spammable. Also, i forgot to mention in my earlier post, that by saying marth is "easy mode" You are saying every high to top tier character cna be considered "easy mode" Not everyone can use marth, and the same goes for a lot of characters. If you really wanna consider someone "easy mode" maybe link, considering anyone can use him. (not toon link.)  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:20 pm
Marth is much easier to use than link from what I've seen. Bridge of eldin is banned for the most part because it's absurdly large. A character with a long range projectile has huge advantage and it's very easy to "camp". Also, after the center is destroyed, the projectiles become even more over powered.

It's never considered a neutral stage, and on a few lists is a counter-pick, but it's typically banned.

The only stages that are pretty much universally considered truly neutral are Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Island (brawl), Smashville, Pokemon Stadium (melee), and on a few lists Frigate Orpheon + Lylat Cruise.  

nitnit
Captain

Deathguiser

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:38 pm
No he's not. First of all, marth flies much easier than link, and players have to learn to use the tip of his sword if they truely want to do damage. Ask several veterans of the game, link is the beginners choice due to easy controls and usage. Wolf is easy to use, does that make him easy as well?

And I still disagree with your bridge statement. First when the bridge collapses, most projectiles only go so far so just keep your distance. Exclusing of course aura sphere and samus' B attack, but if you aren't fast enough to jump over thos you deserve to be hit. Considering you main wolf somewhat, would'nt it be simple to reflect projectiles, or just shield against them?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:17 pm
Falco's laser, fox's laser, and pit's arrow are three that come to mind... it's not on any tournament neutral lists.  

nitnit
Captain

Deathguiser

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:09 pm
nitnit
Falco's laser, fox's laser, and pit's arrow are three that come to mind... it's not on any tournament neutral lists.

pits arrows are the only ones that reach all of the way. Refelct or shield them until you reach pit's side of the bridge.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:44 pm
*facepalm* it still puts you at a major disadvantage. Anyways, anyone who wants to face me in a 1v1 on a neutral stage, I'll do pretty good  

nitnit
Captain

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:44 pm
Actually. Scratch that. Now that I know how to use Pit, I hereby challenge you deathguiser on bridge of eldin as long as I use Pit and you use anyone but Pit.

Prepare to change your mind on your precious bridge.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:29 pm
his jump is good but when i cant reach the edge with that jump i wish for an up b  

dragwarrior

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:59 pm
You use his egg throw to gain horizontal distance, and only use his double jump if you have to recover, or you're confident you wont need to save yourself.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:26 pm
Sure. Doesn't count for our tem battle though, right?  

Deathguiser

dragwarrior

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:53 pm
i know the egg throw gives u some lifting but when it doesnt work then thats the time i wished he had a real up b  
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 12:04 pm
YOSHI IS A GOOD CHARACTER HIS AERIAL ABTS./ IS good if he teamed up with kirby they would be a good team.  

-Dd the truswaqqed-

dragwarrior

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 2:25 pm
i dont know how to control his egg throw the only thing i use when im him is his egg roll  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:17 am
Yoshi and kirby make one of the best teams ever!  

-Dd the truswaqqed-

dragwarrior

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:52 am
why? does it have something to do with both of them able o suck up people?  
Super Smash Bros. Discussion and Battling

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff