Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Simim

5,750 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:18 am
Far from people telling me to take my piercings out, people who have seen me at my job, then off the clock, go "they make you take your piercings out for work? That sucks!"

And so on, and so forth.
(Note, I have 24 piercings, 20 of which are above my neckline. I have to take out 18 of them. I can leave my bottom set of earrings in, and I have to put plastic retainers through all 4 of my eyebrow piercings. It's a b***h, but finding a job has been a b***h around here.)

This one time, a lady called me "sir" by accident(it happens a lot), but then, after hearing my voice(not masculine at all), saw me stand up straight(I'm not flat-chested), and everything...

...called me "sir" yet again, on purpose, with this insulting tone of voice.

Like by calling me "sir" she was implying I need to look more feminine, or that she was insulting me by calling me it.

BECAUSE of the tone of voice she used, as well as the way she rolled her eyes at me, I took it as an insult. It did feel insulting, even though I am commonly mistaken for a guy and it never bugged me before.

People have also been afraid to leave small children around me. Which is sad, because although I normally can't stand little kids, I would NEVER just harm a child. I think they're annoying little shits, but then I'd just tell them they're annoying little shits, not hurt them. O.o

Oh, and Stacie, I've had the first example happen to me before. It went something like this(I do something akin to cashiering):

A guy walked up to me.
Me: Hi there, can I help you?
Guy: Sure, if you take those plastic things out of your eyebrows(plastic ******** clear retainers. XD)
Me: Okay, then, that lady right over there will be able to help you, then.
Guy: What?
Me: I have no intention of taking these out, so she'll be able to help you.
Guy: You kids these days are obscene.
Me: No, sir, you're just rude and old. Thank you!

And nothing bad happened. He was too surprised to say anything, I never got in trouble for it, and all was well. Then again, mind you, I've been working at my place longer than most of the employees, and several of the managers, have been, so I usually have a little influence to throw around. I get away with s**t at my job a lot more than most people do at theirs.

...Which is why I have no problem with taking out more than half of my piercings for the place. XD

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:51 pm
A lady came into the guard office the other day, started to ask me a question. When I turned around and she saw my snake bites and my hair she said " Oh you don't work here...sorry." I then told her that did and that because she wasn't part of the pool staff that she could see herself out.

Another time at work. I was in the guard chair, this guy comes up and looks at my face. He contorts his face in obvious disgust and says" Thats gross, did that hurt?" I was about to get out of the chair slap him!

Laharl Part Deux

Lifesucks411

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:00 pm
1) some actually asked me if I came from hell, he was holding a cross to lol
2)Some really stupid people asked me this "Does the sun hurt"  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:19 pm
Laharl Part Deux
A lady came into the guard office the other day, started to ask me a question. When I turned around and she saw my snake bites and my hair she said " Oh you don't work here...sorry." I then told her that did and that because she wasn't part of the pool staff that she could see herself out.

Another time at work. I was in the guard chair, this guy comes up and looks at my face. He contorts his face in obvious disgust and says" Thats gross, did that hurt?" I was about to get out of the chair slap him!

Damn, yeah people seem confused sometimes when they see me behind the register.

I can't believe what a jerk that guy was! I would have decked that self-righteous, smug loser.

Kudos on the snake bites; I thought about getting them but decided to get a center lip ring instead rolleyes
How was the healing process??  

PROXY BIRD

Nikki the Juggalette

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:36 pm
DecapitatedStacie
Laharl Part Deux

Damn, yeah people seem confused sometimes when they see me behind the register.

I can't believe what a jerk that guy was! I would have decked that self-righteous, smug loser.

Kudos on the snake bites; I thought about getting them but decided to get a center lip ring instead rolleyes
How was the healing process??

Kinda a good thing at my work, when I'm on register no one is dumb enough to speak up to me like that, the "worst" (if ya wanna call it that) was some chick cussing me out and I reserved teh right to slam teh drive thru window shut without getting in trouble. smile  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:22 pm
Rellik San
A girl I met just the other day... only very briefly;

"I want to ******** you."
eek  

Henneth Annun
Captain

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:24 pm
GilAskan
"Are you a Jew?"

"No. Why do you ask?"

"I don't know. You just seemed like you might be a Jew."
I only get that when I tell people I don't go to church...  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:29 pm
NathanHellScream
MortSanglant
Last time I checked the purpose of a forum was discussion.

And the last time I checked discussions allow for evolution of topic. i.e. someone says one thing that spawns a thought in another person.

Everything you have said has pretty much proved to me that my efforts to get people to look at things slightly differently are in vain. I'm not going to bother getting a thought out response from you any longer because you're pretty much on the defense.

My age shouldn't make a difference to this discussion, kid.

I'm sure if you searched this guild long enough you'd find an indication of it somewhere.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Right, you weren't defensive at all. Sure, kid.
Okay...could we please stop putting eachother down and disregard the ages (for this discussion). Here, it's what you have to say and what you think that counts, not how old you are.

EDIT: Yes, I realize that age and experience go hand in hand.  

Henneth Annun
Captain

MEOWITSTERRA

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:50 pm
Oh, wow. How dare these people lol Some people can't mind their own damn business. I got crap for my nose piercing, too. Wearing weird earrings even draws attention.

Once at work, I was wearing a set of earrings that I'm a huge fan of. They are of black fish skeletons, and there is a red jewel for each eye.

Some 30-some year old lady comes up and starts teasing me for them. "Oh, you think you're so hip/goth/unique blah blah."

So I look her in the eye and say "My fish died yesterday."

She felt sooo bad and I felt much better. haha.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:21 pm
XWraith_LordX
Rellik San

eek

It gets worse... her boyfriend is my barman.  

Rellik San
Crew

MEOWITSTERRA

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:14 am
Rellik San
XWraith_LordX
Rellik San

eek

Ooo >.< Awkward.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:56 pm
Candy Bomber
Rellik San
XWraith_LordX
Rellik San

eek

Ooo >.< Awkward.

Not as awkard as her saying she wanted to give me a 'farewell gift' this weekend before leaving to visit a friend.  

Rellik San
Crew

Awesome Akwardness

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:07 pm
Rellik San
Candy Bomber
Rellik San
XWraith_LordX
Rellik San

eek

Ooo >.< Awkward.

Not as awkard as her saying she wanted to give me a 'farewell gift' this weekend before leaving to visit a friend.
And I bet your just loving the attention ain't ya'? smile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:10 pm
Blackrose Kaire
Rellik San
Candy Bomber
Rellik San
XWraith_LordX
Rellik San

eek

Ooo >.< Awkward.

Blackrose, this probably isn't the kind he (or anyone) would enjoy.... confused  

Henneth Annun
Captain

Awesome Akwardness

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:18 pm
XWraith_LordX
Blackrose Kaire
Rellik San
Candy Bomber
Rellik San

Ooo >.< Awkward.

Blackrose, this probably isn't the kind he (or anyone) would enjoy.... confused
I know that,I was just kidding. D:  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out