Welcome to Gaia! ::

~*The Surreal Sanctuary*~

Back to Guilds

This guild is a safe haven for the literate of Gaia. It is a hang-out where otakus, writers, readers, artists, and musicians can have fun. 

Tags: anime, roleplay, writer, books, gold 

Reply --○Lake of Dormancy○--
Richards v Nixons [School/Beginner-Advanced] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Irishroseh
Crew

Aekea Athlete

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:26 pm
Charlie || H3YY
User Image ...
Charlie, who had been distracted by the ceilings again, looked back at Gwen's distressed face, and then around the crowd wildly. Carefully observing the talkers for a moment, she shrugged, she honestly could care less. But, as it often occured to her, not many people had her sense of... not caring... about silly trivial things like that. "Ignore them," She said cheerfully, and in her mind the girls were already fading into the back. "It's sad that they can't have a decent conversation and have to resort to making fun of others to cover up their own insecurities." She snorted as the line moved forward and they found themselves almost at the head of the line.

Out of the corner of her eye, she thought she saw someone who was vaguely Nixon-like, and turned around to look, but whoever the person was, she was gone. She shook her head, like she was a dog trying to clear water from her ears, and then it was her turn to get her schedule. The lady barely looked at her as she asked for name, but when Charlie enthusiastically responded, the lady stared, and then wrinkled her nose. Not to be deterred, she held out her hand for her schedule, and got it. She didn't bother looking at the paper scrunched in her hand as she waited for Gwen.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:57 am
"Oh...Well, okay... if you say so..." Gwendolynn replied softly, looking down at her feet as she shuffled on behind Charlie. Gwen knew that she seriously needed a confidence boost. But all her life, she had been pretty insecure. She wasn't good at making friends, and didn't have a lot of 'acquaintances,' but she didn't have a few 'good' friends either. It was just, nice people she knew. Like Charlie. Charlie was nice, and one of her friends. But they weren't that close.

Walking up to the counter to get her schedule, she said her name softly, but loud enough for the lady to hear. The lady handed her her schedule gruffly, and then Charlie took it in her hands and walked over to Charlie's side.

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

JellehBelleh

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:41 am
Once in the restroom, Liz sadly fixed her socks and shoes. Her denim capris suspenders were esque and her white shirt that was supposed to be tucked in was every which way. She tucked in her shirt, untangled her suspenders and tousled her messy hair before leaving the restroom to pick up her shedule.

After grabbing her things quickly and placing them all in her locker, she vainly searched for Charlie and Gwen. Had they left to their classes already? Would she be late?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:40 pm
Charlie || SCH3DUL3
User Image ...
"Hey, heyy. So, What is your first class?" Charlie asked, over-enthusiastic again, and earning her some less than friendly, curious stares. She resisted the urge to wave and/or stick her tongue out at the offenders, but instead, kept her eyes on her brown-haired friend. Her own schedule was unopened and clutched tightly in her tense fingers, the only betrayal to how off-balance she really was in the new environment. The rest of her was light and care-free, the way she liked it. Not once did her craving come, and that made her especially happy.

She adjusted her orange and grey backpack on her shoulder, and used that moment to take another good look around, at all the sights and students. They had stopped trying to pretend to stare, and many were openly gossiping, not bothering to lower their voices. Mostly it was the exhuberantly rich who were chattering and staring, like they had nothing better to do, which of course, was probably true. Charlie surreptisiously rolled her eyes, and then patted her messenger bag, just as reflex. All the tin buttons on it rattled, and she turned her gaze back to Gwen.

Irishroseh
Crew

Aekea Athlete

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:36 pm

Gwen didn't know what her classes or her schedule was like at all. So, opening up the yellow-honey envelope containing her schedule, Gwen leaned against one of the school's glorious, perfectly painted walls. She slipped out her schedule, and unfolding it, scanning the column for "Day 1," and then letting her eyes naturally, habitually, finding the first row for "Period 1." The schedule read in big, bold letters: "Period 1. English Honors. Mrs. Termott, Lynda. Room # 201."

"English," Gwendolynn replied to Charlie's question. "With Mrs. Termott. I'm in English Honors, though. Are you?" Gwen really hoped her teachers were nice. Usually, her teachers were pretty nice to her. She could be a major teacher's pet a lot of the times. Occasionally, there was always that mean teacher who came along. Gwen hoped that this year, at this new school, the teachers wouldn't be that mean. Gwen didn't mind strict teachers. There was a difference between strict and mean. Strict could be a good thing, after all.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 2:22 pm
Sighing softly, Liz trudged down the hall. Once she finally spotted Charlie and Gwen, she walked over and gently rested her head on Gwen's shoulder, mumbling something almost inaudibly. She had been tripped, locker slammed and tripped again. She was ready to go home.

Resting, she closed her eyes and mumbled again. Her tounge was still slightly swollen from the peircing she got yesterday at her cousin's house. It hurt badly, but she was preoccupated on the fact that her day was sucking monkey.

JellehBelleh

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 4:47 am
((Uh...isn't Liz a Richard? Are they supposed to be friends, or not? Or strangers? XD;; I am confused...))  
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 9:48 am
Charlie || N0P3
User Image ...
Charlie frowned, for she knew she wasn't in honors. Hopefully though, she was in creative writing... She bit her lip as she unfolded the paper, it making nice new paper crinkly noises as she did. Her eyes scanned the thing quickly, and for a moment she had a dismayed thought, 'How in the world am I going to find any of my classes?' For there were such big gaps between room numbers, that she assumed they were on different floors, and maybe different wings even. Then she remembered she was supposed to answer, and read aloud, "Period one, World History, Mr. Chiro, Room two twelve." She looked up, dissapointed. "Mann, that sucks. You smart people get separated from us ordinaries," She teased lightly, and tucked her scheduel in her pocket.

Just then, the girl she saw earlier came up to them, and she realized it was Liz. She looked a little worse for wear, but Charlie was pleased to realize she knew someone else as well. "Hullo," she said brightly, not being able to help being excited about the upcomming day. New schools were always exciting.

[ehh, just go with it, I suppose :] ]

Irishroseh
Crew

Aekea Athlete

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 4:37 am

Gwendolynn smiled lightly at Charlie's comment. Well... she thought. Hopefully, Charlie and I will be in at least one class together! At least we'll be in the same lunch? I think...? Gwendolynn scanned her paper, and saw that she was in four honors classes. With a smile, she sighed a bit. She was glad her schedule was what she expected to be. But, the room numbers were all...complicated.

"Liz!" Gwen shouted as she came over. Liz didn't look very good. Gwendolynn patted Liz on the head, trying to comfort the girl.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 2:59 pm
[I dunno if you changed it or not, but when I first looked at wear my profile was, it said as a Nixon, so I just went with it.]

"Even my rainbow toesox can't cheer me up.." she sighed and mumbled something or other about the bathrooms smelling like bubblegum and the classrooms being bigger than her room. She thought about the cute boy she had seen pass her in the hallway. She kinda liked him, but he had scowled at her so she decided to leave him be.

Gently she nuzzled Gwen in the shoulder, tired and bored. She didn't care if her left over makeup was smeared or not. She then looked up and said, "Can I punch one of those girls? Just once?"

JellehBelleh

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 12:32 pm
Gwen sighed, and said to Liz, "Please, just cheer up. For us?" Gwen glanced over at Charlie. She didn't like seeing Liz in such dreary, bleary sadness and melancholy voice. People in the hallways were staring at Liz, Gwen and Charlie. Especially Liz, since she was nuzzling Gwen's shoulder like a little kid and her mother.

Gwen whispered, "No, no! Don't talk like that! Violence is not the answer to anything. Nothing can be solved with violence. So, no, you cannot punch any of those girls! And by 'those' I suppose you mean the Richards'?"

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 4:26 pm
[Yeah, I switched it as soon as I noticed it though, sorry]

Charlie || H3LP?
User Image ...
Classes were going to start soon, Charlie could tell my the incomming rush of students. They didn't even bother to leave a gap around the girls anymore. Charlie had to struggle to hear what her friends were saying over the roar of the people.

She laughed at Liz's question, but then nodded when Gwen answered her. "True, true," she mused aloud, her words swallowed by the people. She adjusted the strap on her shoulder and thought of various ways to entertain her friends. While she wasn't a one hundred perecent guarentee of cheer up, she certainly was a ninty-nine percent. She opened her mouth to say something, but at that moment, the shrill shriek of the bell cut through all the noise, and suddenly everyone started moving, and Charlie was hard pressed to keep her position. "Um," she started, stumbling backwards, "Guys, a little help?" and then with a shriek, she fell over backwards.

It was actually quite often that one would find Charlie falling onto one surface or another, she usually had a few scrapes and bruises from them, which she wore like first place ribbons, much to the confusement of her fellow students. Really, one shouldn't be proud of being clumsy. Yet typical Charlie, she made the best of everything.

This time, she went down arms and legs flailing everywhere, indeed she looked like a cartoon character with her arms pinwheeling. Yet she didn't make the huge thump when she hit the ground, and because of that she sighed. It would have been quite awesome if she had. Then, after a moment, she looked up at Gwen and Liz who were looking back down at her. Charlie started laughing at their expressions, and then hopped right back up. "C'mon guys, we're gonna be late!" she exclaimed loudly, and set off in the complete opposite direction of her classroom, unwittingly making herself even more tardy.

[sorry for taking forever]

Irishroseh
Crew

Aekea Athlete

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 1:17 pm
Gwen smiled softly at Charlie's 'trip-up.' She sighed, and shook her head as Charlie ran off in the wrong direction. "I better get to class too... Room #201 I think. My first period class is also my homeroom," Gwendolynn said, more to herself than to Liz. Gwendolynn shook Liz lightly off her shoulder, and then started off in what she believed was the direction of Room #201. Mrs. Termott was her homeroom teacher, and her English teacher, and she had no idea what her teacher was like...yet.

Turning left down a forked hallway, Gwen glanced at the numbers engraved on each elegant door. "195," one read. "197" said another. She continued walking. Then, soon, Gwen came to Room #201. A flurry of kids swarmed into the room, and Gwen just went along with the flow.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 2:48 pm
Liz slowly trumped to room 220, Algebra. Before actually getting 'through' the door, she ran 'into' it. She always ran into doors, mainly because she was lost in the fantasy world she made herself. A world where, she could sleep all day, eat anything...and could fly.

She nodded drowsily, she was always tired. But after her teacher slapped a ruler on her desk she made sure to stay awake. She really didn't feel like breaking her eardrums, she needed them afterall.

JellehBelleh

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:12 pm

Gwendolynn strolled into Room #201 quietly, and then sat down at a desk in the far right of the first row. The front of the room was covered with a huge, silver-framed dry erase board with a nice, little neat tray of assorted dry erase markers. On the far left of the front of the room was a rosewood teacher's desk that was engraved in beautiful detail. Gwen breathed; it was so...elegant. Sitting behind the desk was a woman in her twenties or thirties whom Gwen assumed was Mrs. Termott. She seemed nice enough. Her face showed no expression; no smiles, no frowns. She was quite pretty, and had blazing blue eyes framed with dark lashes behind her oval-shaped glasses. Mrs. Termott's light blonde hair was clipped back in a low bun, and she had sweeping bangs that were parted at the left and swept toward her right ear.

--○Lake of Dormancy○--

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff