Bloody Ocean Romantic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:44 am
Lazarus The Resurected
ever read his book?

Yep! 4laugh  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:44 pm
-Resurrected Writer-
Bloody Ocean Romantic
From the moment that I picked up my first Marilyn Manson album, I knew it.
A lot of people can't exactly classify the kind of rock that he plays, but you can't help but look at him at first and think "goth".
Too many people say that he gives goths a bad name, and thus that is why so many deject him as so, but his message is clear: nonconformity.
His views are a lot like my own, and in saying that I am pledging that I am a goth in the heart, and in the soul. mrgreen

Lol wut

First "Survey" OP, and now this (different person)?

I'm coming dangerously close to flaming...  

GilAskan
Crew

NekoYasha09er

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:32 pm

I'm not sure when but when I was little I always liked different things and marched to my own drum. But I guess one could say I came out the casket back in 6th or 7th grade. I was still a bit sad I had to move back to my old school and when I met up with my old friends, the let me listen to a song by Voltaire and another one by some band that escapes my mind and slowly but surely I was listening to a lot of darker music and sporting black and dark colored clothes.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:35 pm
GilAskan
-Resurrected Writer-
Bloody Ocean Romantic
A lot of people can't exactly classify the kind of rock that he plays, but you can't help but look at him at first and think "goth".
Too many people say that he gives goths a bad name, and thus that is why so many deject him as so, but his message is clear: nonconformity.
His views are a lot like my own, and in saying that I am pledging that I am a goth in the heart, and in the soul. mrgreen

Lol wut

Different person?  

Bloody Ocean Romantic

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:15 pm
Bloody Ocean Romantic
GilAskan
-Resurrected Writer-
Bloody Ocean Romantic

Lol wut

Different person?

He most likely meant: Manson + "GOFF IN DA HART AN SOLE" x "LOL NONCONFORMIST" / law of conformity =
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:39 pm
Coming out of the Casket. I like that! I chose to use it from now on!  

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50

Tainted Deity

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:46 pm
-Resurrected Writer-
Bloody Ocean Romantic
GilAskan
-Resurrected Writer-
Bloody Ocean Romantic

Lol wut

Different person?

He most likely meant: Manson + "GOFF IN DA HART AN SOLE" x "LOL NONCONFORMIST" / law of conformity =
facepalm

For those of you without a mathematical degree I shall help you.
Some people find Marilyn Manson a major thorn in Goth's side.
His shock image attracts many teens and they then assume MM is the epitome of goth.
This happens a lot and as such is rather annoying.

Also, those that say "Goth is an outlook on life and it flows in my veins etc etc spiritual etc dark side etc" tend to not actually be goth.
They usually listen to metal or other alternative music and admire the goth subculture.
They're usually on their way to goth, one foot in the grave, if you will.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:17 am
Tainted Deity
-Resurrected Writer-
Bloody Ocean Romantic
GilAskan
-Resurrected Writer-
Bloody Ocean Romantic

Lol wut

Different person?

facepalm

For those of you without a mathematical degree I shall help you.
Some people find Marilyn Manson a major thorn in Goth's side.
His shock image attracts many teens and they then assume MM is the epitome of goth.
This happens a lot and as such is rather annoying.

Also, those that say "Goth is an outlook on life and it flows in my veins etc etc spiritual etc dark side etc" tend to not actually be goth.
They usually listen to metal or other alternative music and admire the goth subculture.
They're usually on their way to goth, one foot in the grave, if you will.

That sounds like the beginning of something quite flamey.
I disagree that Goths who say 'Goth is an outlook' aren't Goth (three times in one sentence? Geez).

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50

Bloody Ocean Romantic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:33 am
-Resurrected Writer-
Bloody Ocean Romantic
GilAskan
-Resurrected Writer-
Bloody Ocean Romantic

Lol wut

Different person?

He's talking nonconformity as in who you respect! Not the trends you follow! neutral  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:22 am
8 years old.
Night Of The Living Dead and Beetlejuice. mrgreen
The rest is history....

Oh and a Janet Jackson Video exclaim  

AdrianaKitten

Keevan Draco

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:24 pm
Goth, is more of a personal representation of one's own dark tendencies, and people will always interpret it differently from one another.

I "came out of the casket" in the spring of 1988, socially repressed, shunned, and mostly ignored (or maybe feared) for my loves of dark clothing, the cure, and macabre things. my peers would see something disturbing and shudder or be outright "grossed out", I would c**k my head a bit and see something beautiful or unique...never gross.

my older contemporaries in the gothic community would usually point out my babybat mistakes and educate me on finer points of the lifestyle, but other than that, i was left to my own devices...

I discovered other forms of music during this time and learned a few things along the way. Like when I heard Nine Inch Nails for the first time...my contemporaries referred to it, back in the day, as "new Goth" before the label of "industrial" took root in the gothic world. Punk was punk, and goth was goth, and never the twain shall meet was the motto back in the day...now it's fairly accepted in the world as a sub-genre of all things goth. There were very few so called goth bands in the late 80's early 90's...the Cure we all know, the grandparents of us all, Bahaus we know too, the same with Souxie...there was Darling Cruel, Shakespeare Sister, Sisters of mercy, so few, in fact, that when the scene really took off in the mid to late 90's, we goths were in proverbial heaven. Since then, there are almost as many goth bands out there as mainstream music today. It's a very good time to be a Goth!

Now, i'm in the GeriGoth ranch...got 2 babybats of my own who I wish will follow in my dark footsteps, and most of my gothic forays these days are seldom and far between....the darkness is still there, hidden just out of sight.
*Sigh*....such is the pitfalls of growing up and growing old....we put aside the freedoms of youth, for the bliss of marriage and kids, and remminice of the journeys through the night...

The point of this little ditty, dear darklings, is that your notion of "goth" is based upon the life and times in which you reside. It is very fluid, and subject to change based upon the music and current fashion trends. If you don't believe me....take a picture of yourself in all your dark finerey, put the photo somewhere safe...in ten years, pull the photo out of the closet, and compare the style in the photo to the current fashion the younger generation is wearing....then...you'll know what I know.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:16 pm
KeevanSixx
Goth, is more of a personal representation of one's own dark tendencies, and people will always interpret it differently from one another.

I "came out of the casket" in the spring of 1988, socially repressed, shunned, and mostly ignored (or maybe feared) for my loves of dark clothing, the cure, and macabre things. my peers would see something disturbing and shudder or be outright "grossed out", I would c**k my head a bit and see something beautiful or unique...never gross.

my older contemporaries in the gothic community would usually point out my babybat mistakes and educate me on finer points of the lifestyle, but other than that, i was left to my own devices...

I discovered other forms of music during this time and learned a few things along the way. Like when I heard Nine Inch Nails for the first time...my contemporaries referred to it, back in the day, as "new Goth" before the label of "industrial" took root in the gothic world. Punk was punk, and goth was goth, and never the twain shall meet was the motto back in the day...now it's fairly accepted in the world as a sub-genre of all things goth. There were very few so called goth bands in the late 80's early 90's...the Cure we all know, the grandparents of us all, Bahaus we know too, the same with Souxie...there was Darling Cruel, Shakespeare Sister, Sisters of mercy, so few, in fact, that when the scene really took off in the mid to late 90's, we goths were in proverbial heaven. Since then, there are almost as many goth bands out there as mainstream music today. It's a very good time to be a Goth!

Now, i'm in the GeriGoth ranch...got 2 babybats of my own who I wish will follow in my dark footsteps, and most of my gothic forays these days are seldom and far between....the darkness is still there, hidden just out of sight.
*Sigh*....such is the pitfalls of growing up and growing old....we put aside the freedoms of youth, for the bliss of marriage and kids, and remminice of the journeys through the night...

The point of this little ditty, dear darklings, is that your notion of "goth" is based upon the life and times in which you reside. It is very fluid, and subject to change based upon the music and current fashion trends. If you don't believe me....take a picture of yourself in all your dark finerey, put the photo somewhere safe...in ten years, pull the photo out of the closet, and compare the style in the photo to the current fashion the younger generation is wearing....then...you'll know what I know.

Even then, the notion of goth being based on introspection is not agreed on by everyone (myself included - I believe that a unified mindset would make goth more of a condition than a subculture). I was also a bit of an outcast earlier in life, but I don't believe that contributed to me getting interested in goth. But then again, if that was the case for you, I really can't argue against that.

Also, just to point it out, the term industrial was around long before NIN. Throbbing Gristle, 23 Skidoo, SPK, and others pioneered that genre back in the late seventies and eighties.  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:18 pm
Bloody Ocean Romantic
-Resurrected Writer-
Bloody Ocean Romantic
GilAskan
-Resurrected Writer-
Bloody Ocean Romantic

Lol wut

Different person?

He's talking nonconformity as in who you respect! Not the trends you follow! neutral

And by that, you mean... ?  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:50 am
I was kinda dark at heart wen i was a lil kid, but it didn't really cpome outt ill i started ready anime and saw gothic loli style. Then i really wanted to dress like that but i didn't have the guts nor did my mom let me lmao
Then wen i moved in wit my aunt and my freshmen year ended I got a lil more cocky and wen we had dress down days i nvr wore bright colors.
Then finally wen i went to another school i didn't kno anyone one so i tried to dress like them till i meet my friends of today...thats wen i threw away my bright clothes and truly expressed myself so now i feel better! xd
My aunt is still on my case bout wearing dark colors (black) but the minute i go to college..GOTHIC LOLI HERE I COME! lol xp 3nodding heart  

babykitty18

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces