Ilona Andrews Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:58 pm
Anyone else read Magic Strikes? It was awsome! xd The characters and the plot is really developing. Plus, we get to find out a lot more about Kate's history and a little more about Curran's history.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:38 pm
That's out already?! I thought I had until the end of the month! D:

Awesome~ I'm excited for it. whee  

NightIntent
Captain

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:51 pm
She also has 2 books coming out in September: An anthology Must Love Hellhounds and On the Edge which I think is the first book in a new series.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:28 pm
Oh shoot. That's exciting. I'm going to have to see who else is in the anthology before I buy that one, and I really hope that the new series is good.

Like I need any more books to read! XDD  

NightIntent
Captain

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:57 pm
Read Magic Strikes. I loved it. The part when Raphael goes into the ring to fight and hands Curran a fan for Kate was hilarious. Curran is hilarious, too.

The little blurb about her new series sounds really interesting, too. I'm looking forward to reading it, and the next Magic book.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:09 pm
So! On the Edge=amazing!

I prefer the Magic series, 'cause Kate's just awesome, but Rose is more than a little hilarious. This series seems like it's going to have more drama than hilarity--reading about some of the things Kate says/does makes me laugh aloud quite often, while this book only had a few of those moments--but in the good sense of the word "drama." The characters are a little too perfect, physically. Declan's awe-strikingly handsome, Rose is amazingly beautiful. At some points, they tend to be a little two-dimensional, especially Declan. The "side" characters like Jack, William, and Georgie are pretty cool. They have believable weaknesses. They're more human, in my opinion. Mind you, I still like Rose and Declan. They're kind of an adorable couple, too, once they get to that point. XD Their arguments before that are entertaining, of course.

AND ALSO. The excerpt from the back of the book for Magic Bleeds.... gonk I want to read it now, please! Not wait until June to find out what happens! I mean... June! That's forever and a day away!

Since this post is already disgustingly long, I'm going to make it indescribably long and mention that I read Magic Mourns. Super cute. That's most of my comment on it. XD Andrea and Raphael are adorable. I liked learning more of Andrea's past. The part at the end where it flashes to the angel's perspective was kinda weird, but whatever.  

NightIntent
Captain

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:46 pm
On the Edge was good. It was a little contrived and ridiculous at times, but I couldn't put it down. Grandpa Cleatus was great rofl

The teaser for Magic Bleeds was torture. I need to read the book! Now!  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:41 pm
Maze353
On the Edge was good. It was a little contrived and ridiculous at times, but I couldn't put it down. Grandpa Cleatus was great rofl

The teaser for Magic Bleeds was torture. I need to read the book! Now!

Agreed. But good. I was expecting better, from the hype and stuff, but it's still a lot better than many other books I've read.

I KNOW! Can it be June now? Seriously! I'd rather have not read the teaser at all! gonk  

NightIntent
Captain

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:53 pm
Magic Mourns was more to my liking. I enjoyed learning more about Andrea. Kate's even cooler in third person. wink  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:24 pm
Yes. Becaues then you get the perspective of the other person and what they think of her. I want to get the perspective from Curran's POV. XDDD

I definitely liked learning more about Andrea. I hope she has a more prominent role in the subsequent books, 'cause she hasn't come into them enough in my opinion.  

NightIntent
Captain

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:38 pm
I'd love to have a story from Curran's POV! xd

Andrea is great. She and Kate are like the opposite sides of the same coin. One is tech the other magic, but both will drop you in 0.5 sec if you piss them off.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:58 pm
Ummm, I don't think I can even imagine the hilarity of Curran's POV.  

NightIntent
Captain

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:01 pm
NightIntent

I would like to know his POV for a lot of things you know? For instance, what did he do exactly in Magic Strikes after Kate impaled herself on the Scarlet Star and rakshasas took her? What was his reaction when he found out just what the Scarlet Star was? What did he think in Burns when she made then entire Formorain vanguard kneel before her?

I need to know! xd  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:21 pm
Maze353
NightIntent

I would like to know his POV for a lot of things you know? For instance, what did he do exactly in Magic Strikes after Kate impaled herself on the Scarlet Star and rakshasas took her? What was his reaction when he found out just what the Scarlet Star was? What did he think in Burns when she made then entire Formorain vanguard kneel before her?

I need to know! xd

She needs to write, like, short stories/alternate chapters for that type of stuff and post them on her website. Seriously.  

NightIntent
Captain

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:52 pm
NightIntent
Maze353
NightIntent

I need to know! xd

She needs to write, like, short stories/alternate chapters for that type of stuff and post them on her website. Seriously.

Totally. In fact she should write the books all over again from Curran's POV. I'd pay cash for that. xd  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff