Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Archives~* (BOS and resource room)
[CLASS} Stones Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will you join this class
  Yes =)
  No =(
View Results

Cariaith

2,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:42 pm
Because i have little time, and you guys little interest so far, i will not continue classes, until i got confirmed some people would actually still like to follow it.
Greetings Cariaith

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:28 pm
I am a slow reader and i have to practice and study in secret (Parents)
So i am still working my way through reading the lessons, but it seems interesting so far so i encourage you to continue because i will be keeping up with it if you do.

Edit: I finished reading the lessons and they were informative. I was wondering about what birthstones would do in rituals or for personal use. I know its not supposed to be till class 9 but since you discontinued the class i was wondering if you could jump to that lesson? If not then i can gladly wait until that lesson.  

Rurouni92

5,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200

Cariaith

2,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:27 pm
Chapter 9: Birth Stones

Merry meet,
First I would like to start of by naming the most commonly accepted Birth stone by month.
Of course birthstones are different a person, meaning, not every birthstone works as well for the one, as it would for another.
Also you may find sources saying your birthstone if different, this is because some are "created" by a other point of view.
So here is my list:

January Birthstone: Garnet or Rose Quartz
February Birthstone: Amethyst or Onyx
March Birthstone: Aquamarine or Bloodstone
April Birthstone: Diamond or Rock Crystal (Quartz)
May Birthstone: Emerald or Chrysoprase
June Birthstone: Alexandrite or Moonstone or Pearl
July Birthstone: Ruby or Carnelion
August Birthstone: Peridot or Sardonyx or Sunstone(don't confuse this one with a goldstone, which looks alike, and oftenly is sold as sunstone, but isn't. The way to get them apart is by knowing a sunstone is darker, and doesn't have as much sparkles as a goldstone.)
September Birthstone: Sapphire or Lapis
October Birthstone: Opal or Tourmaline
November Birthstone: Topaz or Citrine
December Birthstone: Tanzanite, Zircon or Turquoise

Like i said, birthstones tend to be a very personal choice, even to the point that people who don't like the color of their true birthstone will find any excuse to claim another.
For example, the true November birthstone is citrine or golden topaz, yet many people choose blue topaz even though that lovely blue color is the result of treatment of a golden or colorless natural topaz crystal.
You may notice that the colors of the modern and traditional birthstones tend to be the same, implying that (historically speaking) the traditional color is the important consideration and blue topaz would not be an acceptable birthstone choice for November, only golden topaz.
Also, blue sapphire is the traditional color for September.
Note that sapphires come in any color of the rainbow (except hues of red, given the name ruby), as do tourmalines and even diamonds.
Garnet, usually thought of as a red birthstone, actually is available in a variety of colors including orange, green, and even the lovely deep purple color.
If you want to know the different point of views from birthstones, i found a website, that has a pretty accurate list of what is how.
Click here
Well thats about Birthstones in general.
Now lets take it a step further, and talk about how they can help you in your personal life.
Of course, your birth date is the most important day in your life, which also means, it sets a (big) part of your life, in who you are, and what you do.
For example Birth trees, mostly give a very detailed discription of who and what you are and do.
On top of that, there are birth colors, birth flowers, zodiac signs, secondary zodiac signs and loads of other things, that pretty much set a path your almost bound to follow.
With Birthstones this is different, they don't actually decide what kind of path you most likely will follow.
As tought before, stones have a certain usage, and a certain power.
With birthstones, you are more connected to that power, and therefor they work better for you.
In your personal life, they can help you balance out things, because most likely, due to your birth date, you sort of lack these certain abilities.
Meaning, if you wear the stones, you most likely develop these things quicker then you normally would.
Some Witches/Wiccans/Pagans and so on, therefor give their new born child one or two of their birthstones, at their blessing, so they may develop these things quicker.
Later on I will state which Birthstones do what, so you can get that clear.
Then of course the question of what Birthstones can do for you in rituals.
Since there is a stronger connection between you and your birthstone, then between you and just a randomly blessed stone, they most likely will aid you better in what you are trying to reach.
Also you can use the Birthstone of your second zodiac in rituals, to aid you with that same power, which takes the limitation of it a bit down, even tho, like said on the website i linked to, it also depends on your point of view and purpose.
You can also just put your birthstone in a ritual, without actually using its power in the ritual, this makes the ritual just a bit more personal, then a stone you don't really have a connection with, so your ritual is more likely to succeed, tho, if you really feel connected to another stone which is not your birthstone, you should really use that one too, since thats of as much importance as using a birthstone.
Also you can put a Birthstone on your altar, to personalize it, and to focus the powers of the altar.
The more personal and connected things are with you, the more likely it would aid you better.
With Birthstones unfortunately, you don't always immediately feel that strong connection you might have with other stones.
This is because the connection between you and your birthstone, kinda needs to grow and develop.
I strongly advise you to start this process, since eventually it'll be worth the effort double.
I think that concludes the class about Birthstones.
Of course, if any questions may rise, feel free to post or preferably PM them to me.
The list of stones will be in the next post.
Merry we meet, merry we part,
~*Blessed Be*~

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:30 pm
Garnet: Garnet is a stone of vital power and energy, and lends vitality and strength. It aids in raising and directing the flow of kundalini energy and increases sensuality. Given as a gift garnet symbolizes true and never-ending love and devotion. Garnet invokes and releases ones creative ability and inner fire.

Rose Quarts: A soothing, calming stone, rose quartz is used for love, and to increase self love and feelings of self worth. It brings healing and clarity to the heart and allows the wearer to learn to trust again. Balancing the emotions and healing emotional wounds, it brings peace and calm. It is especially powerful in times of stress or loss, helping the wearer to slow down and take it easy. Its loving nurturing energy takes away fears, resentment and anger and gently replaces them with a feeling of higher self esteem and confidence. Wear this and open yourself to love.

Amethyst: Cool and relaxing, amethyst is a stone of psychic power. Wearing this form of quartz helps promote meditation, peace, tranquility and oneness with your spiritual goals. It enhances and strengthens the powers of the bearer and helps attune with the higher self, dispelling fears, heightening intuition and helping to embrace your own intuitive wisdom.In ancient times it was said to be "proof against poison". We now know that amethyst is a "negative ion", which attracts poisonous "positive ions" to it, thus clearing the air around the wearer and helping to make it more breathable. Amethyst is also said to be a stone of sobriety, and can help the wearer become free of addictive tendencies

(black) Onyx: This solid-feeling stone is excellent for grounding negativity and letting go of stress. Onyx is soothing and helps in focus, to banish grief and old habits, protecting the bearer and encouraging happiness and good fortune.

Aquamarine: A stone of courage and serenity...Clear light blue, blue-green, this lovely and gentle gem evokes the sea in both its name and its color. The ancients saw this as a stone of courage and felt that carrying it would help them return safe and prosperous from all sea voyages. Beads of aquamarine have been found in ancient Egyptian mummy pits. It is held in quite high regard in the East as the Stone of the Seer and Mystic, a gemstone that imparts purity to the wearer, as well as encouraging the gentle nature and personality in the wearer. It is a symbol of peace.

Bloodstone: Known as "the stone of the warrior," this stone enhances courage and brings understanding of the benefits behind each hard-won victory. It helps us to revitalize and open our hearts, tempering strength with compassion. It is a protective stone, and in ancient times was thought to slow bleeding. (Most likely this was caused by the pressure of the bloodstone on the wound, not the stone itself.) This stone is often used by athletes to give them both courage and physical vitality. It is also a prosperity stone, helping to manifest wealth.

Diamond: Radiating purity and indestructibility, diamonds symbolize the central sun within us and the perfection of our Higher Selves. Diamonds aid in trust, confidence and purification. Because they flash all colors, they can help us to align with the Universal All. It brings physical strength and also well as helping to bring strength and endurance to the energies of other stones. It releives nightmares and is also said to help relase sexual blockages, helping the wearer to enjoy a brilliant sexual life.

Rock Chrystal(Quartz) : Radiating the white light energy of the Universe, clear quartz crystal is Light made solid. Quartz clears and amplifies the thoughts. It focuses and stores energy and information. It can be used to clear and activate the chakras, for purification, healing, in meditation and trance work, to dispel negativity, enhance and seal the aura and for many other uses. Quartz can be used in any and all workings. When in doubt or when lacking the "correct" type of stone, quartz can always substitute.Wearing quartz with the point facing upwards, opens the upper chakras, and facilitates meditative states and psychic awareness, but can leave the wearer feeling somewhat spacey, so it is not recommended for prolonged duration. Wearing it point downwards helps to ground. A double-terminated crystal (one with a point on either end) worn horizontally can help balance left/right brain. Vertically, a double-terminator can help incorporate both the spiritual and the material into the wearer's life. The many configurations and types of quartz crystal are too numerous to list here.

Emerald: This very precious stone opens the heart chakra, bringing harmony, sensitivity and loyalty and creating a feeling of bliss. Its fragility reminds us that the hearts of other can be fragile as well, and helps us to be gentle with those around us. It brings stability and is powerful in wealth magick. It is also used to strengthen the memory.

Chryspoprase: The name of this apple-green variety of chalcedony is Greek for "golden leek". Its energy is bright and wholesome, opening the heart chakra, and bringing acceptance and a non-judgmental attitude. It aids in communication, allowing the wearer to speak with compassion and from the heart. It is used in wealth magick and to banish nightmares.

Alexandrite: Unfortunatly I am not able to find any information of this stone in any of my books.

Moonstone: Invoking the feminine Goddess energy of the waxing and full Moon, has a reflective, calming energy. It helps to strengthen intuition and psychic perception and brings balance and harmony with the All. It is said to have the power to grant wishes.

Pearl: Historically symbolic of purity, innocence and faith, pearls enhance personal integrity and help clear the mind so that it can be a clean channel for wisdom and spiritual guidance. These Moon and water ruled "gems" enhance sincerity, truth and loyalty and bring calming reflection and inner peace.

Ruby: A powerful and energetic stone, ruby stimulates the life force and brings the light of the Universe into the darkened recesses of the soul . It clears and opens the root chakra, cleansing and releasing trapped energy and allowing for the flow of kundalini energy to rise through all the chakras. Ruby has been used for many purposes over the centuries. It helps maintain courage, shields and protects the wearer on all levels, and brings lucidity and gentleness of thought and action, it can be used to manifest wealth and to stimulate the sex drive.

Carnelian: A sacred stone of the Egyptians and the Tibetans, this energetic stone activates the lower chakras and helps the wearer to take action. It brings energy and fire, enhancing physical energy and personal power and invoking joy, laughter and warmth as it opens the heart.

Peridot: The joyful and friendly energy of this stone helps to make and seal friendships. It clears the heart, releasing ego, jealousy and anger and brining a sense of peace and quiet amusement. For specific chakra work, because it acts to seal the aura, it is suggested that peridot be removed while working on chakras other than the heart and solar plexus.

Sardonyx: shortly: Eloquence

Sunstone: This bright and enlivening stone clears the chakras to a state of "squeaky clean." It increases vitality and courage and promotes a sunny outlook, enhancing any solar oriented workings. Sunstone teaches leadership skills. It offers clarity when making decisions and an ability to act in accordance with our higher wills and to make sure that our decisions affect others in positive ways. Sunstone strengthens the wearer's abilities of self-discipline, humility and desire for service to the greater good.

Saphire: Stimulating the throat and third eye chakras, sapphire enhances the intellect and expands psychic ability. It brings peace and calm. A guardian of love, it promotes fidelity between lovers, and can strengthen friendship relationships as well. It can be used in wealth magicks and helps the magus to tap and send power. A protective stone, legend has it that sapphire can protect its wearer from capture, as such it is useful in legal matters.

Lapis (lazuli) : Sacred to the Goddess Isis, this stone was prized by the Ancient Egyptians and holds the energy of a star-studded sky, limitless in its wisdom. Lapis provides mental clarity and objectivity; it assists in awaking the third eye and for tapping into your intuition and strengthen psychic abilities. Lapis is also connected with Jupiter and thus expand intellect, wisdom and leadership qualities as well as helping in legal matters. The stone works as a shield from psychic attack. It is used to relieve insomnia and let go of anxieties.

Opal: Used to awaken psychic perception and mystical awareness, opal strengthens memory and aids in dreaming. It encourages flashes of insight and helps the wearer to achieve their higher potential. It offers creativity and inspiration. There are those who consider opal an "unlucky" stone. This may be because of the fact that opal can stimulate change to occur in your life - if you are not prepared for this, it may be better to chose another stone. If you are prepared for a change, opal can help to catalyze this, causing opportunities for growth to spring up around you.

Tourmaline: Occurring in many color varieties, tourmaline helps to balance both sides of the brain. It brings clearing and balance to the chakras. Tourmaline helps to provide insight and an awakening from illusion. Promoting understanding and self confidence, it helps the wearer to release "victim consciousness" and to open to spirit.

Topaz: Removing negativity, topaz transforms it to joy and enhances individuality and creativity. It helps the wearer to see the big picture, understanding their own motivation and desires as well as the intents of those around them. Topaz improves the intellect, promotes health and wealth. It instills discipline and gives the wearer the impetus to act on their dreams, thus bringing them into materialization.

Citrine: A stone of manifestation, Citrine brings our thoughts into being on the physical plane, helping us to realize our dreams. It is especially useful for desires involving happiness, wealth, success and communication. Helping to balance the solar plexus chakra, it brings clarity to the difference between the needs of ego and our divine, higher Will, and to fill our lives with joy. .

Tanzanite: Stimulating communication and psychic power, Tanzanite is a stone of High Magick, bringing power of Will to manifest possibility into being. It facilitates vision and communication with the world of spirit, assisting in the making of decisions which are unified with higher realms.

Zircon General Gemstone Details
Zircon was available in Greece and Italy as far back as the sixth century c.e. However, the earlier Hindu writing list zircon as one of the many gemstone on the Kalpa Tree of their religion; green zircon was this mystical tree's foliage, or so the story is told.
In antiquity, the zircon was often called Hyacinth or Jacinth, the legend tells of a mythological character named Hyacinthus, a youth accidentally slain my Apollo who was jealous of the young man's beauty. This blood produced thy hyacinth flower, whose beauty is said to be reflected in the red zircon.The red zircon or hyacinth was believed to drive away evil spirits and nightmares, protect it's wearer from enchantment and lightning.

Turqoise: Sacred to both Native American and Oriental traditions, this stone helps to connect with spirit and brings the energy of the sky down to earth. It is helpful in expanding awareness while still maintaining practicality. Turquoise moves the wearer toward integration and wholeness. Used on the throat chakra, turquoise promotes communication and the ability to speak honestly, clearly and from the heart, and reminds us of our connection to Earth and Sky. Ancient lore suggests that it also protects against environmental pollutants. In ancient times, turquoise was utilized to gain wealth. Wearing turquoise can speed the healing process. Lore also has it that the stone will change color when the owner is in danger.  

Cariaith

2,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Rurouni92

5,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:38 pm
User Image

Thank you!
This information was exactly what i was looking for!
I recently was given a necklace of my birthstone, opal, so i plan to wear it and try and get our relationship to grow.
I have to bless it first though.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:01 pm
I've always wated to know more about birthstones, and now I do.
I find this class useful even though I don't really post. I end up putting things mentioned down in a notebook for future reference.  

Angel Bruja

Rurouni92

5,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:41 pm
I copy and paste the info i want to remember, like the lessons in the threads, into a word and print it. I keep it in a binder. I also always put where i got it so if i ever need to i can return to that site and get more info or clarifictions, etc. I also don't post much. I mostly read!!  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:16 pm
What about the rest of the stones lesson? I just found it today. I'm still very interested. I would like to know more. If you can't post, maybe you can pm me the lessons?  

CalicoCat73

xxx-rising moon-xxx

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:59 am
If you are interested in the rest you might try PMing Cariaith. I'm not sure if he's still checking this thread or not. Sorry.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:48 pm
Rurouni92
...and i have to practice and study in secret (Parents)

I feel you...  

IceQueenMizore

Cariaith

2,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:45 am
As one might have noticed, my activity has been very low lately, especially on this thread, i considdered it dead, after there where no visitors for a few months, that and the fact my grandmother had cancer, and has left the living not so long ago. Now that i know, some are actually interested, i'll try and work out some stuff for you all.
)O( Blessed Be )O(

*~Archives~* (BOS and resource room)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces