Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Xbox and Playstation Gaming
PS2 games Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PS2
  thats so last gen
  Old school rocks!
  pollwhore option
View Results

Jonnnn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:11 pm
Soul Calibur 3 and Katamari were the only games I really loved for PS2.

@Negi - I actually was a BIG fan of Spiderman 2 for PS2. Swinging around the city was so damn fun.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:28 pm
Yeah, but the game itself isn't as fun as it should have been.  

pathetic_negi_magician

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:46 pm
Ok. Fine. I'll admit it. I liked Dragon Ball Z Budokai 2 and 3. (I hate that tenkaichi crap)

Yes, I know it's a mediocre fighting game. I know the graphics aren't very good. I know they even messed up the story. But I love playing as Frieza and Vegeta too much =(  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:20 am
Oh man, where do I start. I'll just go by Genre.

Fighting: Guilty Gear XX Accent Core, Soul Calibur
RPG: Final Fantasy X, Persona 3, Kingdom Hearts 2
Action/Adventure: God Of War, Resident Evil 4, Prince of Persia, Devil May Cry 1 & 3, Okami, Viewtiful Joe
FPS: Red Faction II, TimeSplitters
Tactical: SOCOM 3, Battlefield 2
Racing: Burnout Series, Gran Turismo Series, Need For Speed Series
Puzzle: Katamari Damacy

I may tack some on here later, but let it be known that PS2 is not a dead system. Persona 3: FES actually just came out a few days ago. It's also NOT OLDSCHOOL. Keep saying that and you're going to make people like me feel like an old man. confused  

Nathaniel Spade

Ten of Hearts

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 9:03 am
Nathaniel Spade
Oh man, where do I start. I'll just go by Genre.

Fighting: Guilty Gear XX Accent Core, Soul Calibur
RPG: Final Fantasy X, Persona 3, Kingdom Hearts 2
Action/Adventure: God Of War, Resident Evil 4, Prince of Persia, Devil May Cry 1 & 3, Okami, Viewtiful Joe
FPS: Red Faction II, TimeSplitters
Tactical: SOCOM 3, Battlefield 2
Racing: Burnout Series, Gran Turismo Series, Need For Speed Series
Puzzle: Katamari Damacy

I may tack some on here later, but let it be known that PS2 is not a dead system. Persona 3: FES actually just came out a few days ago. It's also NOT OLDSCHOOL. Keep saying that and you're going to make people like me feel like an old man. confused

Thanks, and sorry if I made you feel old. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 12:10 pm
nitnit
Ok. Fine. I'll admit it. I liked Dragon Ball Z Budokai 2 and 3. (I hate that tenkaichi crap)

Yes, I know it's a mediocre fighting game. I know the graphics aren't very good. I know they even messed up the story. But I love playing as Frieza and Vegeta too much =(
My apologies. I should really watch my wording, huh?  

pathetic_negi_magician

-2 Z Zelly

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 5:36 pm
Disgaea 1 and 2  
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 5:51 pm
Kunx990
User Image
I was bored

Get Metal Gear Essential Collection thats a good month of your life gone. FFX is amazing. GT4. Ace Combat 04, 5 and 0
So I got this D: User Image

I agreed with everything he just said. Ace Combat 4 is the best imo, so if you're looking into only one flight sim, get that one.

Guilty Gear XX Accent Core is cool, from what I've seen.

Burnout is nice to have, the 3rd one being the best.

Katamari is cool too.

Do not get random RPGs without consulting the web beforehand. GameSpot should supply the necessairy information. This is because there are so many for the system, that one should not waste 80 hours on a bad one, only to find out there are better ones out there.

I hear that the Persona series is cool, and have personally seen how bad dothack is. Just my 5 cents on role-playings.

Shooters are better played on XBox, but if you must have one... get one for the PC. They are honestly bad on the PS2.

P.S. I apologize for the messy post.  

Shigeru the Hero

Sir Johnny the 3rd

2,900 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:20 pm
im gonna say the jak series.
your gonna haave to search for those though (hard to get)

jak1, jak2,jak3 and if you want jak X: combat racing

the first 3 are the main story jak X is another whole story

razz  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:36 pm
all devil may cry games ummm final fantisy is a must by time spliters and ya that is most of it twisted metal  

PH mongle

Unit 413XI5

Dedicated Browser

8,625 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:09 pm
I'd say that Onimusha Blade Warriors is a great game. Get Naruto Ultimate Ninja #'s 1, 2, and 3, for sure. Also, get Naruto Uzumaki Chronicles 1 and 2. Definatly get some of the Ratchet and Clank games. Persona 3 FES is awesome.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:16 pm
I'm an uber FF fan but stay away from Final Fantasy X-2 in my oppinion it was even worse than XII and thats saying something since XII was really bad too.  

Vincent Starr

Lady Psychic

Sparkly Genius

9,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:21 am
Lets see, I got alot of PS2 games. Here are some suggestions for you:

Disgaea and Disgaea 2: While the graphics of these games are quite old-school, the story and the stategic battle system make it well worth it. The first game is the better of the two in my opinion, but the 2nd one is good too.

The Silent Hill games: If you are interested in survival horror games then you should check out the Silent Hill Series.

Final Fantasy X: This was one of the first games I got for my PS2. I had made so many memories with this game. As for FFX-2, while I'll admit that it lacks the magic of FFX, I thought it was pretty fun. Same thing with Final Fantasy XII. (Personally, I think that those who hate FFX-2 and FFXII are too nit-picky)

SMT: Nocturne and Persona 3: If you want a darker RPG, then you may want to check out these games. I've also heard that the Digital Devil Saga games are good, but sadly I have yet to play them myself. Also, I've heard that Persona 4 is coming out for the PS2 later this year (in America, it's already out in Japan).

Katamari Damacy: If you are interested in somthing simple, fun, and weird then you may want to check out this game.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:00 am
ff10, ff10-2 and ff 12  

subway23

Dylmoo Kurosaki

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:52 am
get killzone if you like first person shooters  
Xbox and Playstation Gaming

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers