Welcome to Gaia! ::

~*The Surreal Sanctuary*~

Back to Guilds

This guild is a safe haven for the literate of Gaia. It is a hang-out where otakus, writers, readers, artists, and musicians can have fun. 

Tags: anime, roleplay, writer, books, gold 

Reply --○Lake of Dormancy○--
Messenger to Keeper[Adventure/Fantasy Intermediate-Advanced] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

captilima

Beloved Dabbler

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:16 pm
User Image

you wanna know more more more about me?
I'm the girl whose kicking the coke machine. I'm the one
that's honking that's honking at you cause I left late again
Hey hey hey, can't you see I want you by the way that I
push you away, yeah, don't judge me tomorrow by the way
I'm acting today.

Xx______Karaslin_Elwaters______xX

--Get tangled up in me--

Karaslin nodded and pulled on the reins, turning the horse towards the way the girl had come. "I see, that is quite helpful. Well, I have a message to deliver, as I said. Would you like to acco-My birthmark?"she stopped, blinking. Her birthmark was on her shoulder, and yes, it was in the shape of a sword. "It's in the shape of a sword...I do not know if it is Excalibur...my skin doesn't turn so I can look at it, and I have never seen the legendary sword of the King."she said, shrugging.

She pushed herself off the horse, and turned, giving Lucinda a look at her birthmark. The sword was no doubt Excalibur, with the hilt in the smae shape and the runes prominent on the hilt. Same length and shape, it was no doubt the one that the king had no doubt pulled from the stone, and was now ruling with. "I assume that you've seen the sword, so I'm sure that you could tell me if it is or not." Kara made sure that her hair was out of the way. God, how she really needed to cut that so it was shorter, and easier to manage. Plus, she'd look more like a messenger with short hair, and more like a knight.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:08 pm

Lucinda May examined Karaslin's birthmark carefully. It was most definitely the Excalibur, the King's enchanted sword. It had the same straight edge to the blade, the same elegant hilt, and even the same exact, identical runes. Lucinda said after a while, simply, "I have seen Excalibur. And, that is definitely the same Excalibur I have seen with King Arthur, and in the various books I have read. I would say you have a great future a head of you, and some sort of important fate and destiny." Her last statement was said mysteriously, with an air of elegance and mystic fluidity.

Lucy wasn't lying, or just trying to impress the newcomer. She was speaking the truth. She truly did think that Karaslin had an important future. Her premonition conveyed very clearly that Karaslin was an important girl. She wasn't just "ordinary."

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

captilima

Beloved Dabbler

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:34 pm
User Image

I'm acting today.

--Get tangled up in me--

A great future? Oh, that was all that the young messenger needed, a wonderful future. "As long as I do not wed, I will be fine."she said, shrugging and then turned to Lucy. "So, shall we be on our way to Cadbury? I am confident that the king awaits us."she said, shrugging. How she knew that, she didn't know, but something about the young apprentice showing up gave her a new sight on the fact that her destiny wasn't that of a normal messenger's. "If you have any visions or whatever you call them, you'll be sure to inform me, correct?" Her voice was full of elegance, even though she was pulling herself up onto the horse.

||Short, blargh||

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:07 pm

Lucinda wondered why Karaslin didn't want to be wed. She seemed like a pretty girl; many courtiers would probably want her hand in marriage. Perhaps she just does not want to be married? Not because no one wants her? I am sure some people would like her hand in marriage... or maybe she just has too much of an independent spirit to settle down and raise a family... Lucy ranted a little bit internally.

Lucy jerked up at Karaslin's question, and replied, "Yes, yes, of course! I will let you know. Let us go to Cadbury now?" Then, she hurriedly climbed onto her 'borrowed' horse.

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

captilima

Beloved Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 4:49 am
User Image

I'm acting today.

--Get tangled up in me--

Kara nodded and smiled, obviously it was a silent thank you, pulling back on her reins, causing the horse to rear back and then came down at a light trot. It wasn't as heroic as she had wanted but it still worked to get her to the castle. Once she was atop the hill, she brought her horse to a stop. The entire place looked absolutely magnificent. She let out a whistle. "That is a magnificent looking place."she breathed, blinking. Her education as the Lord's daughter never usually came into her speech or anything unless she was in awe, which would be right now.

For a few minutes, she was jealous of Lucy living there for probably all of her life. Not that Karaslin hadn't lived somewhere just as nice for some part of her life, but she now lived at the normal messenger barracks, not that she minded that either. Hitting the horse's sides, he trotted down the hill and she stopped at the bottom to wait for Lucinda.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 9:39 am

Lucinda tugged the reins of her horse, alerting her horse to the left or to the right whenever the time called for it. The borrowed horse was a bit slower than Lucinda, and considering that her steed didn't have a saddle (just the reins and bridle), Lucy rode quite well. Soon, atop the hill, Cadbury could be seen from above. It truly was a beautiful city.

Lucy kicked her horse's sides, and the horse cantered down the hill quickly, and Lucy hastily reined the horse to a stop once she reached Karaslin's side. "Yes," she said. "Now, Cadbury is only a few minutes away! Have you ever been to Cadbury before?"

((short post compared to yours XD))  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

captilima

Beloved Dabbler

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 4:52 am
User Image

I'm acting today.

--Get tangled up in me--

Karaslin shook her head, "Never. The head messenger usually sends one of his best to deliver messages around here. It is why I am partly confused in why he sent me this time." She shrugged and pulled on the reins, the horse trotting down the slope, altenating between a canter and a walk.

||and short compared to yours. Hee.||

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 12:42 pm
Lucinda kicked her horse, sending it to an equal pace to Karaslin's steed. "Like I said before; you have an important future. Perhaps that is why you have been sent to Cadbury." Lucinda almost smiled, but she didn't. She had talked more to Karaslin in a short period time than she had to anyone else in a week! Clamping her mouth shut, Lucinda hoped she wasn't turning into one of those chatty, noisy girls that she used to laugh at. She didn't want to become a hypocrit or anything. Her horse's hooves softly pattered along alongside Karaslin's horse's.

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

captilima

Beloved Dabbler

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 8:22 am
User Image

I'm acting today.

--Get tangled up in me--

Kara sighed as she came to a stop outside of the wall, and stared up at it, in absolute awe. She had never seen something so big and so nicely made. She knew that King Arthur was a good king, but she didn't know that he protected the place he'd be living for quite some time so well. Blinking, and shaking it off, she trotted through the gate and into the village. The horse's hooves sounded hollow against the stone street, and it caused some villagers to look up from their evening activities, preparing for the spring festival, she was sure.

At the messenger village she lived in, they very rarely had festivals, so she was always sure to take a message to somewhere she knew had a festival. Sniffing the air, her mouth watered with the scents of food, mutton being the strongest. Wait, that wasn't mutton...it was veal. Oh, how the smell was so delightful, it'd been forever since she had veal. Approaching the castle, the guards glared at her and she waited for Lucy.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 4:18 am

Lucy soon caught up with Karaslin, and then, she said, "Wait a moment, if you please?" She kicked her horse hard, and then steered him to the stables. She whispered to the steed, "Thanks..." And then, tied the horses rein to a pole outside of the stables, hoping that the rightful owner would find the horse.

Then, Lucinda ran, on foot, back to Karaslin. she silently glanced at the castle guards, than back at Karaslin. She waited for Kara to say something, like suggesting they go into the castle.

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

captilima

Beloved Dabbler

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 9:17 am
User Image

I'm acting today.

--Get tangled up in me--

Kara pulled herself off the horse and she took it to the stable, then returned to Lucy, and nodded. She nodded and the gate opened up, "Well, let us go." Karaslin entered through the gate and let out a whistle, the inside of the castle was just as beautiful as the outside, and she looked at Lucy. "You have been blessed to live in such a place."she said to the young apprentice, and no one else was around so there was no doubt in who she was talking too.

Walking down the hall, she actually felt somewhat dirty, since she had been traveling for a good day or two, maybe just a day, and hadn't bathed. Also, the fact that she came from a place so much smaller, and had never truly been to a festival, and yet she was the second oldest daugher of a Lord. Biting her lower lip, she continued walking down the hall, and stopped outside the throne room, staring at the wide doors.

She was afraid to enter, and yet, she had too. For some reason, she felt like she was trembling, though she wasn't. The guards gave her a look, and she nodded, and the opened the door and she stepped through. Obviously everyone around could tell that she was a new messenger around here, not only because of her face, but because of her obvious nerves with approaching the high king, though once they closed the doors, the guards became ready to strike at anything that could possibly be a threat. It was orders from Arthur and Merlin, since they didn't want his highness to be alone in battle with a messenger.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 12:42 pm

Lucy walked alongside Karaslin, her steps even and firm. She quietly nodded when Karaslin made the comment, which Lucy took as a compliment.

Blessed? she asked herself. Well...I suppose 'tis true that I am blessed. Or am I ? Well, this place is beautiful... Since Lucinda had lived in Cadbury's castle for so long, she had gotten somewhat 'used' to it. She didn't see the beauty of the castle in someone else's eyes in so long. The castle in Cadbury was just...just...a home. It wasn't anything special. But now, Karaslin reminded Lucinda of just how lucky she really was. She lived a great life now - one of happiness, security, education, and beauty. Lucy could still remember the first time she had come to the castle. Merlin had brought her there as a little girl. Her first impression of the castle was that it was big. A silly first impression, but yet, so true.

((Oh, and in case you haven't checked the away thread, I will be without internet access from Wednesday-Saturday. I hope that I may get online on Saturday, but I don't really think so.))  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

--○Lake of Dormancy○--

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out