Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Archives~* (BOS and resource room)
[CLASS] Goddesses Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Siren Stern

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 7:03 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
CREATING AN ALTAR TO GODDESS

Now that we know some of the Goddess' aspects we can stabilish contact with her, and one of the easier way to do this is creating a sacred space where She can be invoked, worshiped and receive some offerings - as the ancients did. Creating an Altar isn't hard, and anyone who feels confortable to do this, can do it. The process of creation is a good way to enter in contact with the Goddess, and it can have several things, depending of the space, creativity and the disponibility of each one.

You can start to stabilish a sacred space picking a table, a part of a desk or a place inside or outside your home to build your Altar. Begin it putting objects that represents the four elements: Earth, Air, Fire and Water. Discover where is the cardinal points and put at North the objects that represents the Earth. You can put a stone, flowers, herbs, a saucer with salt, a crystal, a vase of earth, a charcoal or anything that resembles to Earth. You can also light a green or brown candle. At East put the objects that represents the Air: a bell, a feather, a flute, a incense, aromatic fumes, perfume or anything that resembles to Air. You can also light a white or yellow candle. At South you must put the objects of Fire: a vulcanic stone, a oil lamp, a night light, cinder, burning coal or anything that ressembles to Fire. You can also light a red or orange candle. And at West, put the objects refering to Water: a chalice with water, a seashell, a starfish, a mirror or any object that resembles to Water. You can also light a blue or silver candle.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Besides the Elements' representation, you can put a figure, statue or representation of the Goddess. You can put a image of a triluna (trimoon), as this is the highest symbol of the Goddess, or then you can put a plaster image representing the Sacred Feminine. There is several options in specialized stores. A image of a nude woman is a good representation,, as the woman body is very sacred. I like to use a crystal Earth globe in my own Altar, but I also has a Venus of Botticelli statue and several images of different Goddess. The images you can buy with a Goddess tarot (about 20 dolars) and the statue I bought by 10 euros in Rome. Sometimes it takes few years until we find the perfect representation, so don't feel disapointed if you can't do this right now. The choice for a representation of the Goddess is something very particular.

Put everything in the table, desk or the space you chose in a harmonic way, so everytime you look at it you'll feel happy and confortable. You either must enjoy your Altar. Put some offerings to the Goddess in this place. This can be fruits, flowers, wheat, water, milk with honey, incense, wine, bread... this offers can be put in the Altar and be collected days later to be burned or buried. The way you'll do your offering is left to your discretion. You should go everyday to your Altar, invoking the Goddess, reciting poems or singing to her. As long as you activate your Altar with offerings, invokations, prayers and rituals, as long the Goddess will approximate to touch you. She changes everything she touches, so you will note her touch.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 7:06 pm
CONNECTION TO THE THREE ASPECTS OF THE GODDESS

Close your eyes and take a deep breath, relax your body and mind, let your worries calmly silent down.
Feel the nature around you and be prepated to know and to talk to the three faces of the Goddess

Quote:
Goddess of 10.000 names, I beseech to thee
You, who are beyond the time and the space
Lady of creation and simplicity
The carrier of the mysteries
Be with me now
Show me your three faces

Come to me the Maiden with untamed heart
You, who are the bold dream
Come to me with your hair adorned with flowers

Mother Goddess, fecundating and generous
Come near me
Creatrix of the world
Lady of love
Come to me

Lady of the sacred caldron
I invoke to thee
Come to me, you transformer and wise one
Knower of the mysteries of life and death
Join me

Greath Triple Goddess
Your three faces are here noe
That I can receive, with love, your blessing and learning

Talk to them as you did with you inner Goddess, observe how they are, feel their energy and take note of what you saw, felt and though in this connection.  

Siren Stern

too2sweet
Captain

Tipsy Fairy

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 12:20 am
Sorry for the delay, I've been out of town for the last week due to a family emergency. I just saw the new material and will work on the meditation in the next couple of days.  
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 3:15 pm
too2sweet
Sorry for the delay, I've been out of town for the last week due to a family emergency. I just saw the new material and will work on the meditation in the next couple of days.

No problem, too2sweet. I hope you and your family is okay. I was traveling this weekend either, returned few days ago. Next class (this thursday) we will talk about Isis, I know you like her and I hope you enjoy the meditation wink  

Siren Stern

goddess_elppy

Feline Fairy

8,475 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 12:24 pm
(First meditation)
Hrmmm... it didn't take me long to reach her... though I'm not sure what I saw was really true, as my boyfriend was talking on the phone and I could still hear him in the back of my mind. I DO have a vivid imagination. >>;;;;
I'm going to try to do it more deeply tonight and see if I come up with the same thing. I'm pretty terrible at meditation as well, but I'm determined to do this!!

Question... is it imperative to have an altar? Because I don't really have one yet, and if I were to have one it would be for some special things, like rocks I'd find, or my tarot cards, or statues of fairies and goddesses that I have a special feeling for. Just wondering, cause I like the idea of having one, and I've had one before, I just never really USED it for anything. ^^;;;  
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:01 am
goddess_elppy
(First meditation)
Hrmmm... it didn't take me long to reach her... though I'm not sure what I saw was really true, as my boyfriend was talking on the phone and I could still hear him in the back of my mind. I DO have a vivid imagination. >>;;;;
I'm going to try to do it more deeply tonight and see if I come up with the same thing. I'm pretty terrible at meditation as well, but I'm determined to do this!!

Question... is it imperative to have an altar? Because I don't really have one yet, and if I were to have one it would be for some special things, like rocks I'd find, or my tarot cards, or statues of fairies and goddesses that I have a special feeling for. Just wondering, cause I like the idea of having one, and I've had one before, I just never really USED it for anything. ^^;;;

goddess_elppy, it's very good to have an Altar. The Altar is your power space, the place where you connect yourself to the Gods, but it's not "obligatory". Everything I sugest here in the classes you are free to chose if you'll do or not. I think it's very important to have an Altar, as it approach us to the Goddess, and as I said on the last class, there's a lot of things we can do with our Altar. Every conection should be directed to the Altar. Every exercise, every offering, every prayer. This way you keep your Altar energy alive!

I read your meditation on PM, you had a very beautiful connection to your inner Goddess. Don't care if what you saw or heard was creation of your mind. Always remember: the imagination are the first step to magic. Next time you connect to your inner Goddess, just let the ego thought silent, and listen to Her. About your boyfriend's help, it's interesting you did this by phone. Some years ago I read an article about telephone calls and the way they open our superior perception. You confirmed this to me now hehehe. Have a nice day.  

Siren Stern

Siren Stern

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:44 am
Third class: Isis
The Goddess of 10.000 names

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.From this class on we'll start to work with the Goddess' faces. We also welcome our new student, goddess_elppy, who enteded this week on the class but did the previous exercises.

As we saw, the Goddess have been manifesting herself in different cultures through several races, shapes, heights and powers. She is the warrior, the mother, the lover, the healer... and so many other titles that it's impossible to list all of them even if I tryed. She is the Goddess of 10.000 names!

Today, we will learn about one of her face: Isis. We'll see how to work with her energy, who she is and about her myth. Isis, in fact, is one of the most ancient and powerfull Goddess of all the History, with temples from Europe to Minor Asia. Isis is known in the Egypt as Aset and mysterious tales about her and her priestess are present in all the Europe. Isis and her son and consort Osiris/Hórus were the only Gods worshiped all over the Nilo. This can sound strange to us nowadays, we're well accustomed to the Greek Mythology, but in the Ancient Egypt people had several religious beliefs, resulting in different deities to distinct places.

Known as the Great Mother of Heaven, Earth and Underworld, Isis generally is picted as a Mother Goddess. Notwithstanding, her dark side, personified in her twin sister Nephthys, is very strong and present, and both of them - Isis and Nephthys -, were depicted on coffins. She is the Goddess of the Great Mysteries, and her tarot card is the II arcanum: the high priestess.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.The origin of alphabet and agriculture were attributed to Isis, and she were also considered the mother and patron of the pharaos. This was symbolized in her hyeroglyphs, which shows the throne itself.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:45 am
ISIS MYTH:

This version, adapted from Plutarco, is influenced by the Greek paradigm. The Egyptians didn't care so much about myths, who did were the Hellenics, a people that needs to know the deities lifestory to undertand them. To Egyptians were more important to worship their Gods.

A lot of rituals and festivals tells different versions of Isis myth. Plutarco's User Imageversion says that Isis is daughter of Nut and Geb, born on July 30th. She were married with Osiris and formed a happy couple. But her brother Seth, mad with jealousy of they love, conspired with 72 men to kill Osiris. He secretly measured Osiris' body and built an ark with his size. So, in a festival, he showed the beautiful ornamented ark and told he would give it to the one who fit perfectly on that. Everyone tryed, but nodoby got it, so Osiris entered on and laid down. Fastly, the 72 men sealed it up and threw in on Nilo.

Isis searched for Osiris day and night, so he could have the cerimonial burial. She travelled over the Nilo, asking for information to every single person she founded. Finally, Osiris where found on Biblos, and so Isis hid his ark to prepare his honors. But Seth found it at random while he was hunting, and recognized the body. Seth sliced Osiris corpse in 14 pieces, putting its parts in different places. Again, Isis searched all over the Egypt, but she just founded 13 parts. His missing p***s, the 14th part, were devoured by fishes as Seth threw it on the water. So Isis remade his p***s with gold and consecrate his golden phallus.

Years later Horus avenged his parents, defeating Seth, but Isis refused to kill him. This aspect of her myth shows her as a benevolent Goddess, and shows that like Aphrodite, Isis attends the human prayers for love.

Siren Stern

Siren Stern

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:48 am
ISIS CORRESPONDENCES
Use this correspondences to adorn your Altar to Isis rituals:

Face: Mother
Symbols: Ankh, wings, harpoon, the horn of plenty, circles, sponge, phallus, lamp, Full Moon, Waning Moon, anchor, sceptre, mantle, chalice, ship, bread, pentagram, triangle, wheet, throne, wand, candle, sistrum, wooden vases
Color: turquoise, white, green, red, black, golden, silver
Element: water
Day of power: monday
Sacred animal: snake, scorpion, scarab, swallow, crocodiles
Sacred herb: hyssop, onion, date
Stones: aquamarine, amethyst, beryl, coral, carnelian, granite, emerald, zircon, jasper, quartz, lapis lazuli, malachite, marble, adularia, pearl, ruby, peridot, sapphire.  
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:51 am
CONNECTION TO ISIS:

The Egyptian people belief that only by speaking Isis name she makes herself present. The sunrise is a special day to her, so to this class exercise we will pray to Isis, welcoming her in the morning light. Don't forget to adorn your Altar with Isis correspondences before doing this.

When the sun is rising, look at the horizon and welcome Isis:
Quote:
Wake, wake, wake
Awake in peace
Lady of peace
Awake in peace
Awake in beauty
Goddess of life
Beauty of Heaven
The sky is in peace
The Earth is in peace
Oh Goddess
Nut's offspring
Geh's offspring
Osiris' lover
Goddess rich in names
Every praise to thee
Every praise to thee
I love thee
I love thee
Lady Isis

Or, if you prefer, you can say the Egyptian version
Quote:
Nehes, nehes, nehes
Nehes em hotep
Nehes em neferu
Nebet hotepet
Weben em hotep
Weben em neferu
Nutjert en Ankh
Nefer em pet
Pet em hotep
Ta em hotep
Nutjeft sat Nut
Sat Geb, Merit Ausar
Nutfert asha renu
Anekh hrak
Anekh hrak
Tu a atu!

Doing this every morning you'll be connecting to Isis energy. Sometimes it's impossible to awake before the sunrise, so you can do this when you wake up. But the ideal is to do this connection before the sunrise.

Referances
DeTraci Regula. The mysteries of Isis
Claudiney Prieto. Todas as Deusas do mundo: rituais Wiccanianos para Celebrar a Deusa em suas diferentes faces.
Isis chant by Padiusiri
Plutarco. Monalia  

Siren Stern

too2sweet
Captain

Tipsy Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:54 pm
This is so awesome!!! Thank you.

I really appreciate the Egyptian translation.

What is funny is that I am up every morning before sunrise, but am usually working about the time the sun comes up. I will have to find time to take a break one morning so I can go outside.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:48 pm
I'm going to have to stick up for the Hellenics and say that Hekate is not a crone, has never been a crone. Sorry, it's a pet peeve, and I'm not even a Hellenic.

What initiates claim Murray's theories are still relevant? Every initiate I've talked to is aware that they're inaccurate.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

*~Archives~* (BOS and resource room)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out