Submit

The Pie

6,850 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:49 pm
Sarcasm101
Which of course could lead to skill descrimination which would be bad in all ways. And trying to regulate all of the individual threads could prove...problematic. But by the looks of things with the amount of members we're getting and if they all stay active, they'll definantly have to be some different rooms to take hte heat off of the "Classic". And now I'm just babbling so feel free to tell me shush up.

Oh, feel free to babble, Sarcy. Your input is muuuuch appreciated. <3

I agree with you though. It probably doesn't help much that Marshu, Seric and myself have been going on invitationing sprees.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:58 pm
well after the guild servers are fixed I am probably gonna add a romance room for the lovers and not the fighters sweatdrop but still i dont know how well that would work out eather. and if we get more threads we will need more crew which is fun but people will be like OMG M4KE M3 CREWZ and i hate turning down people, and with the ones that do get crew status they might go on some power trip and be like ME > YOU. man we need to hold some meeting of the sorts, with mini sadwitches!! And Sarcasm talk all you want your really helping out.  

Marshu
Captain

Romantic Sentai

10,250 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100

Sarcasm101

Conservative Smoker

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:07 pm
Yay, I'm atleast being told I'm helpful! XD

But any way...

Who says you have to tell people you're picking out new crew? You can always just pick a couple people when you need them with out really asking for people to apply. If those you pick cant/don't want to do it, you can always have a back up choice. Or one thing you could do is rotate the extra crew...like say have so-n-so crew for one muth and another batch of so-n-so's crew the next, that way it oculd be fair, possibly more work than it's worth, but would kind of fix the guilt thing? I donno how well that could work though.

A lover/not fighter room is another good theme. 3nodding I just wonder what new things they're going to add after the maintanence...Like if they'll unlock the gold in the guild donationage fianlly or summat like that.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:25 pm
ya I think I'd pick random crew and such, make more sence and switching up the crew would be to confusing. ya that would be cool if we could use the gold to buy a guild house or something for the upcoming towns.  

Marshu
Captain

Romantic Sentai

10,250 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100

ExTERmINATION

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:04 pm
Why not have diffrent places around Gaia? so instead of fighting in the ABR could be on Vacation like my character on Isle De' Gambino, have certain threads named like that, big in favor of the Romance Room.

Another could be a Holiday Event, like Easter, you got something going on, Holloween you got something going on, like a Zombie attack, Thanks Given it's like a Food Fight, etc etc.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:13 pm
one of the new guild features coming out soon is subforums, so that should decrease the clutter quite a bit.  

Lobstar

Lazarous

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:16 pm
Challenge rooms, where one artist can challenge another. Loss occurs if you can't post a retort within a certain amount of time - like a week - whereafter the score is recorded in a central database-thread and the battle itself is deleted to reduce clutter.

Themed fights are also a good idea. *Imagines someone doing a "Coconut Barrage Strike!" and the victim avoiding damage with a "Swordfish Chop Parry!"*. (You will notice that I like to yell my attacks.)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:43 pm
Challenge and Theme Fights sound good.

Individual threads, much as I'd like one, might just be a little much.
We have too many folks. Although I'd suggest a "Famous Serial Killers" Theme fight.

Possibly just a Cosplay one.

Artist Battle Royal strikes me as criminally fantastic.

Ideas:
A pillow fight board.
A celebrity kill fight board.
Giant robot fight board.
Karoake fight board.
Angst fight board.
Video Game fight board (all kills relate to a particular video game or video game genre...first person shooter, RPG, Pacman, Super Smash, etc.)

It'd probably good to pick a few of the more solid, popular ideas. Put up a poll or something and stick the top five as permanent ones.
Then have a sixth RANDOM THEME board, where you change up the theme weekly, and everyone in the thread has to switch tactics accordingly. The Random theme board could run in sync with Holidays. Which was a great idea, by the way.
And you have to include a Pokemon fight thread. Somewhere, somehow. If I don't get to duke it out with pokeballs, I don't even know why I joined the guild.
mad

Toshihiko

a y a 2 o 2 1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:20 pm
Wow. So many good ideas. Let me share mine along the ones i agree with:
- I second private battles.
- I like the thought of theme battles.
- I like the thought of special holiday battles.
- Give settings that occur in Gaia (like in Gambino or Durem, etc.)
- Artist vs Artist
- Using our Avatars like Pokemon/angelic layer dolls commanding in private battles.

-Special tourneyment ABR's where we put forward gold and have judges. we're only allowed two attacks and are decided on by attack and art by the judges. (like sketch battle)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:50 pm
My Idea is... kind of a game... called the person above you game. sweatdrop Where someone says: "^eats domo" or something, and then a replier says "^got eaten by domo"... gonk  

azn_richte001

The Pie

6,850 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:30 pm
@Marshu and Sarc
Alternating between groups of people will be kinda tedious. Buuut whatever floats your boat.

@Ex
Hmm. Subforums are comin' out right? I'd stick all of the Gaian places in one subforum. But the question is... Will many people use them?

@Laz
Kinda like that VOID site, yes? ((http://www.entervoid.com/))
I like that idea. All it needs is a very active guild. If this guild can stay active enough for that, the all is well. But school's either starting or started, so the guild activity will probably lessen. I think I went off topic. Did I?

@Toshi
Famous Serial Killers? Elaborate?
For the karaoke board, what would you do? Smack people with microphones and kill them with awkward singing? D: I could do that easily, if I had flash.
As for all of your board ideas... I like the random board idea more. But how about every second week it updates? Cause people are slow? D:
As for Pokemon thread... Well, there could just be this... ANIME-CARTOON FIGHT THREAD. Where you pull in various anime-related things. And american/Canadian cartoons too. Hur hur hur.

@Richte
Confused, Pie is.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:12 pm
Not sure if this has been posted already, but why not plan out a profile thread? You know, you draw yourself and post your profile, IE main and sub attacks, height, age, race, and so on. I can help set things up with anchors, so we can have a list directly linking to their profile posts. Or perhaps we could have a thread in which you ask others for a chalange.

RosaKayLin

Toshihiko

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:34 am
Serial killers:
People are killed or kill in the ways befitting famous fictional serial killers. Hannibal Lector, Candyman, Michael Myers, etc. Possibly fictional/nonfictional, not sure how offensive this might be?
Or, an alternative serial-killer game, where one person would draw a series of kills based on a common link. All the victims are wearing glasses, for example, and the thread objective would be to guess what the link is. Once guessed, it would move right along to the next round.
Karaoke: Song-theme kills. As in someone would kill someone according to certain lyrics, which they'd incorporate into the drawing. There are easy, obvious ones, "Killing Me Softly" "Bodies" etc. But you could probably be clever and tie in non-intended lyrics and warp them to accomodate a kill.
Second week update is great. All the time and numbers are totally tossed out there.
Cartoon would cover the basics, I suppose. surprised

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:15 am
The Pie

@Richte
Confused, Pie is.

Here is my freind, Lupito's example.

Lupito
How to play?
It is quite simple to play.
When you make a post, your post useually shows underneath another's.
When you type "^" that means your pointing to that person. As you point,
you can say anything you want about them. Weather its witty, true,
whatever! Just be creative.

How the hell do I get the "^" key?! Gee whizz I'm a retard.
To play "The person abouve you game" All you need to do is to understand
your keyboard. The symbol "^" should be located on number 6. To acess
that key you need to hit SHIFT (hold it down) and 6. Then let go. Vwuala!
You have a perfect ^ Key.

Can I point to myself?
Sure! If you mean (example)

Lupito: ^Smells like cheese
Lupito: ^Likes that smell
Person: ^Is a sexy beast. I meen. Damn. Can that boy get anymore finer.
JESUS, MOLEST ME NOW AND DO ME LIKE HOMEWORK. LET'S----...you
get the point.

Then sure, thats allowed. Either way, someone is going to point to you

Rules

-Don't be an a** and don't cross the line.
Personal stuff = Banishment, foo.
-NO CHATTING. mad This is a game people.
Chats are for general discussion, house rp, etc.
-Be creative and have fun. Or at least pretend you're creative.
-NO BUMPING.
- Arrows pointing "V" (down) < or > (left right) are allowed. But dont use frequently. Ah Hell, go ahead. wink

My idea is all that except we draw it. I can be all n00bish and be like, "OMMGgZ yOo S4W a whale!" and then I'd draw that person looking at a whale.  

azn_richte001

azn_richte001

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:40 am
Marshu
ya I think I'd pick random crew and such, make more sence and switching up the crew would be to confusing. ya that would be cool if we could use the gold to buy a guild house or something for the upcoming towns.
I have a completely empty house, because I was being very desperate to get my guitars. But that's probably not what you're talking about. How much are houses anyway? Another question is are you planning on expanding it?  
IT'S TIME TO D-D-D-D-D-DUEL

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff