Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

sometimesalways

Vice Captain

fxxkin demon

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 3:11 pm
I live in Upstate NY in a city called Schenectady which is about 2 and a half hours from New York City and a half hour from the state capital Albany. In it's heyday(40s through the 60s) Schenectady was quite popular and prosperous. Now, not so much but things are looking up. Schenectady has a lot of history and interesting places to visit if you can over look the seedier parts of the city.

I'm not sure what people think about us up here either. I'm kind of in "no man's land" here.  
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 3:50 pm
I, like most, live in the US. To be more specific, I live in California.

- Yes, most of us say "dude" a lot. We call everyone "dude". No one seriously says "dudette", that's just stupid.

- A vast majority of the Mexicans here try to act all gangster-like and hard core. They fail massively.

- There are LOTS of Asians in Irvine and Los Angeles.

- The only people who live next to TV/movie stars are other TV/Movie stars, or obscenely rich people.

- Beverly Hills is not a gorgeous place, it's really ******** scary. There are walls of bushes EVERYWHERE to hide certain celebrity's homes(Tom Cruise, for example).

- We don't all live by the beach. Those houses are freaking expensive.

- It is currently 65 degrees Fahrenheit. I think it's kinda cold.

- We cannot drive to save our lives.

- Lots of Californians are, in fact, stoners and hippies.

- We are the home of Gaia, so you all run on our time.

- A lot of our blondes are dumb, and the funniest part is most of them aren't naturally blonde.

- We do think we're better than other states. I have to agree, because I wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

- We have some of the most stereotypical people EVER here. You really can judge the majority of us by the way we dress.

A Nightmare Fantasmic

Ehstelle

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 3:50 pm

Ontario, Canada.

We have a TON of malls,
and its kinda smogy in the upstairs air
so you cant see every detail perfectly on the
CN tower.

I live close to alot of stores,
and Nearby McDonalds where
i stuff my fatass with ******** awesome greasy supersized
biggass fries. ( kidding LOL )

I can walk to about about 18 schools wich are all less than an hour away from me

We have LOTS of television buildings
in Toronto including MTV and Much Music.

Youll hardly see townhouses in the dead center
of Toronto we has lots o buildings.

Every corner you walk into theres a store
and a HUUUUUUUUUUUGEEEEEEEEE mall
1 level uptop ground level
while the rest of the i think 5 or 6
levels are underground , and its not thing
its tall and fat guys
o3o

We have a China town ;D

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 4:24 pm
Psycho Kamikaze Penguin
User Image

I can walk downtown to go to the library, to Timmy Ho-Hos, and I pretend to be Mexican and hop the RI/CT border.

Koo Koo ca Choo...

I'm mexican XD
from the north part of mexico, it's about 3 hours from ths states, it's cool because you can go and shop and stuff... except the money change is really screwey sometimes...

I'm from one of the hottest states, on summer it can get as high as 40-44 degrees...
Then it rains the next day with a temperature of 15 degrees... celsius

Ahm.... stereotypes, well we do have a lot... XD
we do have streets and travel around in cars (someone actually asked that once gonk )
I live in one of the biggest cities, so I actually have it good... we have the best schools of the country here, so it's nice. My city is designed aparently to follow texas way of city...

I have pics actually since I'm working on a downtown terrain for a class...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v405/Yume014/DSC08739.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v405/Yume014/DSC08726.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v405/Yume014/DSC08740.jpg
(they are too big so I can't post them without messing the page)
I don't like that is all dirty, but people are like that =/

I like tacos a lot... A LOT heart

Is it really true that there are no tortillas in other countries? gonk  

Asury

Kalzonie
Crew

Sparkly Seeker

8,650 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 6:23 pm
Well i was born in UK, in Kent till i was 18 then london till i was 21. And now i've moved to Canada. Vancouver that on the pacific side above seattle.
It not cold here we had a week of snow all year! Not every one says aboot and aaa. Also in vancouver 50% of the population is asian great if you love sushi and bubble tea.
Canadians are not slowwwww!
And Vancouver is the film capital of the north! They film loads of stuff here in the down town area, you can walk on to a film set most days!  
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 6:47 pm
Simming
I was born and raised in New Hampshire US. NH is part of New England and is right next to Vermont.

I heard you kids do a lot of meth and pills... true or false???

I am from Long Island, NY right now. I haven't lived here long enough to dispell the rumours, but...

there's a lot of italians who really like gaudy and flashy things.
People are totally impatient and rude when it comes to traveling (mass or driving).
Damn good food though and lots of it.
Idk.  

lilartichoke

Wheezing Prophet

Beyond Betrayal

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 7:43 pm

User Image
If L's a genius...If L's a freak...

I'm in the US, state of Washington, not the DC city.
Yeah, I can't think of any stereotypes for Washington other than we drink a lot of coffee. Which is true xd

Washington is next to Idaho, above Oregon, and right under Canada
incase you didn't know where WA is xDD

...then B's an extreme genius....then B's an extreme freak.
User Image

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 8:10 pm
I'm from Minnesota, Northern Minnesota. I used to live by the cities.

It is NOT snowy and cold all the time. We do not live in igloos. (Somebody asked me that once.)

The Mayo Clinic is in Southern Minnesota. That's where celebs and important people go to be sick.

I live right by 10% of the world's fresh water. (I think that's the right amount)

Bridges are making people a bit nervous, but you have to drive on them anyway.

We don't all eat Lutefisk but it is universally amusing.

Lake Wobegon doesn't really exist but all the women are strong, all the men are good looking, and all the children are above average.  

Salmay
Captain

lilartichoke

Wheezing Prophet

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 8:20 pm
Salmay

The Mayo Clinic is in Southern Minnesota. That's where celebs and important people go to be sick.

I didn't know that. I just assumed it was in LA.  
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 8:24 pm
lilartichoke
Salmay

Most people think it's in Rochester, New York, not Rochester, Minnesota.  

Salmay
Captain

Karma v2
Vice Captain

Invisible Exhibitionist

14,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 8:58 pm
lilartichoke
Salmay

Are you thinking of the Henry Mayo clinic?  
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 9:03 pm
Karma v2
lilartichoke
Salmay

Really. Who knows what I was thinking?
It's possible though. Is that in LA?  

lilartichoke

Wheezing Prophet

Karma v2
Vice Captain

Invisible Exhibitionist

14,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 9:26 pm
A Nightmare Fantasmic
I, like most, live in the US. To be more specific, I live in California.

- Yes, most of us say "dude" a lot. We call everyone "dude". No one seriously says "dudette", that's just stupid.

- A vast majority of the Mexicans here try to act all gangster-like and hard core. They fail massively.

- There are LOTS of Asians in Irvine and Los Angeles.

- The only people who live next to TV/movie stars are other TV/Movie stars, or obscenely rich people.

- Beverly Hills is not a gorgeous place, it's really ******** scary. There are walls of bushes EVERYWHERE to hide certain celebrity's homes(Tom Cruise, for example).

- We don't all live by the beach. Those houses are freaking expensive.

- It is currently 65 degrees Fahrenheit. I think it's kinda cold.

- We cannot drive to save our lives.

- Lots of Californians are, in fact, stoners and hippies.

- We are the home of Gaia, so you all run on our time.

- A lot of our blondes are dumb, and the funniest part is most of them aren't naturally blonde.

- We do think we're better than other states. I have to agree, because I wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

- We have some of the most stereotypical people EVER here. You really can judge the majority of us by the way we dress.

Haha, you beat me to most of the Cali. trues and falses.

We do not all ride around in Lexus' or Mercedes, talking on our blue tooth's, texting on our blackberries, sucking down Starbucks latte's, in our Abercrombie & Fitch jeans, on our way to yoga lessons.

Depending on where you are, there really is a Starbucks and/or Coffee Bean on literally every corner.

LA is fun to visit for the clubs and culture, but you really don't want to live in the heart of it.

So true about the driving xd If you ever go to LA, watch out for yourself, because God knows nobody else will be watching out for you. Also, two words "California Stop." It applies at all 4-way and T-intersections.

Contrary to popular belief it is not always sunny and 70. We get rain, snow, and dry heat (depending on where you live).

Yeah we have beaches, no you don't want to go to all of them. Reality is not kind to Malibu beach.

Random facts:
-Edna Valley, Sonoma, and Napa Valley are great places to go wine tasting.
- "Weird Al" Yankovic graduated from my alma mater (CPSUSLO)

I'm not sure what other Cali. stereotypes are out there that we haven't already covered xd  
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 9:30 pm
lilartichoke
Karma v2
lilartichoke
Salmay

Really. Who knows what I was thinking?
It's possible though. Is that in LA?

It's in Santa Clarita (Newhall, just outside of LA). My aunt was a nurse there for a while.  

Karma v2
Vice Captain

Invisible Exhibitionist

14,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200

Antiq

Wild Bookworm

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 3:35 am
I live in Ireland. Small-ish island, population approx. 4 million.

It is very green.

Sorry, but we don't have leprecahauns sad , our national plant is shamrock, not clover, and our emblem is the harp. We are not drunk all the time and we don't all drink Guinness or ride donkeys or live in thatched cottages.

Ireland is a very modern country, and quite wealthy, though the cost of living is high. One of our biggest exports is electronics and technology, we have Intel here.

The country is divided into 32 counties. 6 of those are still British, basically, but at the moment in a self-rule kind of way. The world seems to love us, as tourists we are generally welcome everywhere. We have some beautiful scenery, but not dramatic like other countries, and we do have a lot of writers and poets and musicians and artists.

Even though it's small, we have a big variety of accents from region to region. We consume more tea than anywhere else, even Britain
lol The historical, "true" Irish look is black hair and blue eyes, not red hair and green eyes like some people think, that comes from Viking invader ancestory.

We have no snakes, poisonous insects or dangerous wild animals, and our weather is seldom extreme. It does rain a lot, but we don't get as badly hit as Britain with storms or flooding or anything like that. It rarely snows nowadays, our climate has become milder generally. We have lots of castles and ruins and stuff.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Gaiaholics Anonymous

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff