Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Reincarnation/Past Lives Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Past Lives:
  yes...many!!!
  don't know...never tried :-(
  don't believe in them
View Results

Quiet Dojo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:58 am
I've actually had some, er, random flashbacks that happened when I was meditating...
In one, I was standing in a grassy field. There were soldiers there, or at least men with weapons of some kind, and someone in front of me (an advisor? an aide?) pointed toward them and said, "My lord, your troops are ready!"
I've also discovered an interest in the Egyptian god Anubis and in Egyptian history in general, which I find very strange....
I really would like some help figuring out my past lives, mostly because I'm curious. I write poetry and creative fiction when I'm not in college, so the idea of past lives really does intrigue me.
I'm just afraid that my imagination would "take over" and send me on some wild goose chase...  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:15 am
Even if your imagination did take over at times, eventually you will be able to tell the difference. In the begining when you explore your "memories" don't rush the process, take your time and don't push at your thoughts too much. Let them flow where they want to go.  

too2sweet
Captain

Tipsy Fairy

Korealia

Distinct Seeker

3,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:43 pm
moon child
Korealia
you missed a 'field' for your poll.

sometimes i think that instead of having past lives, perhaps we have memories like beehives. you know a beehive's bees know everything that's ever happened to its hive since the hive was created, regardless of the length of a life cycle of the bee? maybe we don't have past lives. maybe it's just one of those 'memories' of a collective consciousness which is stored in a particular body..

hmm.... stressed it's making my brain hurt.

Ah, but can't past lives and collective consciousness coexist? smile

Law of paradoxes. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:47 pm
I just wonder...why the warrior imagery? Or even the fascination with Egypt...?
I do also have an interest in wolves and dragons, but I don't know how those fit into the overall picture...  

Quiet Dojo

LadyCharis

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:54 pm
I believe in past lives, but I haven't yet remebered much of mine. Sometimes I think I do, when I'm dreaming...but I don't know. They seem really extremely vivid, and familiar like I know what I'm doing, or where I'm going, or even what I'm saying. But I don't. I want to find out more, and am planning on doing it eventually.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:37 pm
i guess it's possible to have a past life. i've never really tried to see if i've had a past life. meditation really just mellos me out, not much else...  

emo_hippie_chick

hyacinth hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:20 am
I haven't done anything intentionally with past lives in a few years because I didn't particularly like what I discovered. There was a lighthouse and I was running to save someone that I cared about a very great deal but, I arrived too late. I don't know where I was but, I was female and I had long dark hair.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:14 pm
I only ever found out about one of my past lifes.
I was a female black cat, with huge paws and extra toes. I lived in Egypt, when the pyramids were being built. I was treated like a Goddess, probably, because of Bastet, the Egyptian Cat Goddess.

What I think is funny about this is that my animal totem is a cat, I have about twenty-two cats, my favorite cat of mine is a big black female with huge paws and extra toes, and that I have always been able to "talk" to cats. ninja  

Mayuki Tsukino

Dragonspeech

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:08 pm
I'm not sure about my past lives. I've had conflicting reactions and information.

Someone said I had only one life beforehand, I was a druid before time had started. Or whatever that means. And the second time I had someone talk about past lives was that in a past life, (Meaning I obviously had multiple, not just one past life...) I worked with my hands making things. Jewlery, or some such. She even realised and asked me why I started to read her aura and then stop. I admitted it. Last time I had any kind of reading I wasn't sure what was want and felt like I was cheated. (I wanted to make sure she was at least psychic-ly inclined by seeing if she had a purple aura. And then I felt rude because I didn't ask permission, good practice though.)

Funnily enough, I think I am more influenced by this particular past life since I really do want to learn how to make masks. I've got a small collection. I'm really into the Carnivale / Venetian Masks in particular.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:58 pm
I do believe in reincarnation, I've been around a while. I don't know much about my past lives, I'm looking forward to doing some work in that area.

Quiet Dojo
I just wonder...why the warrior imagery? Or even the fascination with Egypt...?

I believe that a persons interests, fascinations, beliefs and skills in this life are indications of who that person was in the past. For example, Greek mythology has always been familiar to me (especially the Amazons), I'm also attracted to all things Egyptian and Celtic.

Quiet Dojo
I do also have an interest in wolves and dragons, but I don't know how those fit into the overall picture...

The wolf and the dragon may be your totems/spirit guides. My dragon has been with me since my soul was new.  

Kyreie

LRGG1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:49 pm
I prefer the collective consciousness idea. x3

I think reincarnation is an option after you die, but it isn't your only option.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:58 pm

Living on borrowed time,

I too believe in past lives/reincarnation. It was a bit odd, I was feeling dizzy in the shower one night (probably around midnight,) so I sat down at the bottom - right where the water fell - and hugged my knees to my chest. The room started spinning and I had to close my eyes, the hot water gradually became cooler, I could feel it - and so I waited with my eyes closed, watching.

I can't remember everything that I saw, but I remember what I felt - the emotions, the odd feelings. They felt like memories - so I asked a friend who is a druid, and he sparked my interest in this area.

The one memory that sticks out the most to me is of a forest that has a blue aura - everything is frozen except for the enormous wolf who lays there, sometimes he paces, sometimes he merely lifts his head as I visit him. I can tell he's bound, but I see no physical restraints.

-Shrugs,- it's odd. I think that sometimes these visions just come to you - and you know who you were in the past.

so I die tomorrow.

MiladyMidnight

Radioactive Freezer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:23 pm
I know this may seem odd to some but I can see past lives of other people. This just started to happen about a few months ago when Jupiter and Venus was sitting under the moon. That day, I bumped into one of my Wiccan friends (who wanted to tell me something) and I ended up getting countless flashes. I told her what I saw and she was completely surprises because she was going to tell me that she found out about some of her past-lives.

I have only seen a few of my own. One of which I was an Irish women who ended up falling in love with a guy who has been reincarnated as one of my best friends. xd Another where I'm an assassin where I bleed to death by an arrow in my arm. And the last past-life flash was when I was living on a farm...a very simple life.

I really don't have any luck seeing my own past lives but I always see other people's past lives. Now I'm just working on turning it off and on so that I could focus again. ^_^  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:38 am
Last night I attended a workshop led by a man who's been helping people remember their past lives for almost 25 years. It was very cool. There weren't any one on one regressions, just a guided group meditation kind of thing.

I remembered a life in ancient Egypt, about 4000 years ago. My name was Anakitiru (don't know about the spelling). I was a female, about 18-20 years old, either royal, or noble, or had a high religious position. I could see what I was wearing in such detail it was amazing, I wish I could draw. Most of the rest were brief jumbled images that I couldn't sort out at the time, something to work on. There was a very clear image of some sort of staff, about 6 or 7 feet tall, made of branches twisted together like the snakes on the medical logos. The headpiece on the staff was a disc of translucent orange/brown/red stone, maybe carnelian. It was held by a man I couldn't see clearly but I didn't like him or was afraid of him or something. The only other clear image was that of myself looking at my reflection in a pond or a lake, and a little African boy was standing next to me.

I'm looking forward to doing more work on this!  

Kyreie

too2sweet
Captain

Tipsy Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:02 am
What was the guy's name if you don't mind me asking?  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games