Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
For Those Who Follow An Eclectic Path... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I...
  follow a specific tradition
  consider myself eclectic
View Results

Korealia

Distinct Seeker

3,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:31 am
I am simply put, a Seeker. 3nodding

But defining that? ...would that make me an agnostic wiccan? eek

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:44 am
No, a Seeker is what you are before you find a teaching coven, as far as I know 3nodding  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Korealia

Distinct Seeker

3,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:18 am
Sanguina-chan
No, a Seeker is what you are before you find a teaching coven, as far as I know 3nodding

Your definition, your beliefs.

I don't call myself 'Wiccan', because I'm not lineaged, and I believe you should be because that was the terms of the creation of the religion. I don't call myself 'neo-wiccan' because that implies being eclectic, which I don't do.

I was making a joke about the 'agnostic wiccan'. But agnostic might fight the bill better - and what is an Agnostic, knowing something is out there and believing something's out there, regardless of whether or not we understand it - what is the true difference between an agnostic and a Seeker?  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:31 am
I call myself an eclectic pagan because I draw my beliefs from several different religions and practices. I researched many different religions in my search and I found that while many of them had points that I could believe in, they also had points I couldn't reconcile with what felt right to me. When I found paganism, I knew right away that this was the path for me. What I love about it so much, is that it has the ability to evolve. What works for me today, may not work tomorrow and tomorrow I may find something that adds another piece to the puzzle. Many of the mainstream "organized" religions, lack that ability.

What exactly makes up your practice from the standpoint of deities, ceremonies, beliefs,

While I honour the Lady and the Lord, I also call upon many other gods and goddesses when it is appropriate. I'm most familiar with the Greek and Egyptian pantheons, so it's usually those names that I invoke. I also believe that everything is alive and has it's own spirit, every human, animal, plant, rock...everything!

and how did you go about forming it?

I think I already answered that! biggrin

How do you incorporate new things into your practice as it evolves?

When I find something new, it's more like finding something that was missing. I don't have to try to incorporate it, it just fits in.  

Kyreie

*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games