Welcome to Gaia! ::

~*The Surreal Sanctuary*~

Back to Guilds

This guild is a safe haven for the literate of Gaia. It is a hang-out where otakus, writers, readers, artists, and musicians can have fun. 

Tags: anime, roleplay, writer, books, gold 

Reply *♦*The Writers' Oasis*♦*
What made you pick up the pen? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

When writing your stories, do you primarily use a...
  Laptop(type it up on a computer)?
  Pencil?
  Pen?
  Marker/ Highlighter?
  Crayon/ Colored pencil/ ect.?
  Whatever is in arm's reach?
  A combination or 2 or more of the thing listed.
View Results

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:40 pm

What (Or who) inspired you to be a writer?

I honestly don’t know. I always loved reading, and started when I was around three or four. I enjoyed writing assignments, though I never thought of writing a story for something other than school. One night, almost four years ago, as my aunty played music at this poolside bar [part of a hotel/restaurant], I got bored and started writing something. I wrote several pages [smallish paper] and showed it to my mom. She said it was really good, and I decided that I wanted to become an author. That was when Aleah’Cim was created… Four… years… ago… crying

Did you always like writing, or is writing a hobby you picked up later in life?

Like I mentioned before, I always enjoyed writing, and I had a knack for it. In second grade, I wrote a story about my teacher and me. She was kidnapped and held hostage on a nearby island, and I found her note in a bottle while walking along the beach. I took a boat and rode there and rescued her, though my second grade arm acquired a gunshot wound… In the end, we got back home and the police arrested the kidnapper and we all lived happily ever after. biggrin Well, after I got out of the hospital of course. biggrin

But anyway, I liked to write essays, though not if it concerned school. If it was a topic about our lives or feelings or whatever, I would go at it.

And what do you write about?

I write fantasy. biggrin I have no time for the real world, cause it usually sucks. I figure: ‘People already live in reality, so why not give them a taste of fantasy?’ I have a hard time writing about real things, because I’m bound by physics and reality. But with fantasy or science-fiction, you can do whatever you want, create whatever you want… What else could you want?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:43 pm
BloodiMoonlite
I'm not really into Fanfictions, they limit my creativity of a character a lot of the time, so I don't really like them. Though one Fanfiction I would love to write, (If I ever had time) would be the story of To Kill A Mockingbird By Harper Lee from the character Jem's persepctive. Although, That might ultimately destroy the story, because the amazing thing about To Kill A Mockingbird that it is told from Scout's point of veiw.

To Kill a Mockingbird was a beautifully written book. It would be extremely interesting to read it from Jem’s point of view, though it is a rather long book. But if you ever do it, please let me know. I would love to read it. biggrin

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:10 am
Stardrifter, I agree with your view on why you like to write fantasy. biggrin The real world does suck sometimes. XD;;  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:34 pm
It doesn't always suck. Key word is always, but still!  

Virgil Lifeson
Crew

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:01 am
Yeah. I guess the real world rocks because you can read about fantasy worlds. razz xD And write. And watch awesome animes.  
*♦*The Writers' Oasis*♦*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff