I was born and raised in Scotland, UK, so you could say there're two cultural identities that could come into play here, the first being the fact that Scotland has a strong national pride: most folk here try to divorce themselves of their associations with England. There're a lot of differences - in law, sport, health, food, schooling etc - between Scotland and England than there are between Wales and England, due in part to this stubborn pride. In some respects, I take elements of that into my practice - I'm glad to live in the country and city I do, and no doubt that pride helped edge along my interest in urban magic.

On the other hand, being that my mother's family come from England, I also have a British kind-of identity. It could be said that the attitude towards religion in the UK during my upbringing set the standard for my own attitude towards it - in stark contrast to the southern states of the US, religion here is regarded as more of a hobby or quaint pastime rather than a staunch ideology. That's passed over into my practice - I do tend to borrow and incorporate other religions' practices into my own, adopting a sort of, "Hey, can I borrow your beliefs for a minute?" attitude towards other cultures. Perhaps this is wrong, but given that both sides of the Should-We-Give-Respect-to-Religion debate are committing social atrocities on one another at the moment, I'm sure we could all stand to gain something by not placing as much importance on religion as we already are.

Regardless, I guess I should say that I'm not a nature worshipper or Wiccan, despite the strong lenience towards that kind of practice over here (Ley lines, standing stones, legends about nature spirits and so on).