Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Have you ever been corrected by a "txt tlker"? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you ever been corrected by a "leet speaker" or "txt tkler"
  Yes
  No
  u gt pwnd lol n00b
View Results

tetrasmaster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:05 pm
User Image

"Flowers are pretty before they get
shitty, and rot and turn to dust"

Ha, in many arguments/debates I get into, this is very much the case. If I make a typo, ONE little mistake out of the whole entire essay or whatever it is at the moment, they try correcting me. When they don't even know the difference between "your" and "you're". Really, is it all that hard?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:05 pm
I hate it when people do that! stressed  

Kitsune Kit Kaguya

Henneth Annun

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:42 pm
Distorted_Image
Nope, never been corrected by one of their kind. razz

If I do make one mistake...they always pass it up. So it's quite funny.
Same here.

As for leet users, I respect people who use hard leet more than soft leet. Soft leet is more of a cop-out for not knowing how to spell anything.

(Hard leet is only using numbers and symbols, no letters.
Leet=1337

Soft leet is using letters, numbers, and symbols.
Leet=L33t)  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:15 pm
I usually mess up here and there, mostly when I'm texting and trying to be quick about it. Thats why before I even send a message I check it over to make sure I hadn't made a mistake. That usually helps. I don't think I've ever been corrected by a 'TXT talker' before.

Natilly

Cherished Strawberries

950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:20 pm
Never really been corrected by a text talker before, but that is mostly for two reasons: 1) I don't hang out with people who are illiterate, and 2) I try to make very few mistakes. Also, it might be the karma thing was mentioned before; I don't like to correct people when it's obvious they don't care and probably can't spell worth a damn. But then again, maybe people just think we're weird when we don't make mistakes. That just goes to show you how far the world's literary status has fallen.

Sorry about my long post. I do that sometimes. sweatdrop (Is using an emoticon the same as "txt talk"? Because I like showing the emotions without having to type out eveything, you know?)  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:55 pm
I have been corrected by a "TXT TLKR" once or twice. But I have even worse instances, it's when they try to correct you on a correctly spelled word, that has only one way of spelling, and end up misspelling the word themselves. I forget the argument but I ended up using the word friend and some "TXT TLKR" said (I will translate it as it is near impossible for me to attempt "TXT TLK") "It's "freind" you idiot." I had no response to that.  

Enquent

Nicholas Kaze

Friendly Prophet

16,625 Points
  • Expert Skill 150
  • Gaian 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:55 am
I've never been corrected- whenever I mess up, I correct it myself. I think Txt Tlkrs become blind to real English after a while.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:31 am
User Image

I have been "corrected" by a "TXT TLKER",
but it was a long time ago, so I don't remember.

User Image

Critical Cookies

Sachiko13

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:39 am
I don't recall ever being corrected by a "txt tlker", but I do occasionally slip and typo when I'm trying to prove my intelligence. My uncoordinated fingers like to pull pranks on me like that.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:27 am
Can't say I've had my spelling corrected, but I have been called out for typing out all my words. Apparently this upsets the more sensitive "txt talkers."  

Eollodwyn

Ithaya

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:09 am
You know what's really irritates me is when I make a typo while correcting someone. And then they pick on that and blow it out of proprtion.
At least I'm trying.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:45 pm
Yes, I have.

I said " You're not listening to me. "
And she replied with something along the lines of
" * your
yes i am ur just wrong "

I really wasn't paying attention.

RadRedRadio

ImaginationRunningWild

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:30 pm
Tengaii
I don't pay much attention to that sort of thing. But usually, if you aren't constantly correcting people, they won't do it back to you.

I guess it's karmic.

But yeah, I wouldn't be offended. It sounds pretty amusing... I mean, some dude who can't type to save his life correctin' one of y'all?

That's when you respond with: R U SRS? omfg i totaly didnt realise tht i maid a mistake so lik, ty 4 corecting me LOL!!!!!!!!

And after that you type how you normally do.

I could totally hug you right now. I haven't EVER been able to find someone else who spells it "y'all" like it's supposed to be and I live in the Carolinas! =D

I find myself correcting people but hardly ever am I corrected by someone else. Even if they do, I'm just like, "Oh, thanks for catching that! Moving along...."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:19 pm
I have been corrected by a "Txt talker" before because I had made a few grammar mess-ups.I had posted something on a thread replying to him and he acted like because I had that banner on my sig. everything I said or posted had to be perfect.Grammar, spelling everthing.I said Im an ex-txt talker and I type fast......He just blew it waaay out of porportion [sp?] (sorry about that, if there are any spelling mistakes.I cant spell certain words to save my life) and sorry thats so long sweatdrop  

Xx-Color_me_crayon-xX

Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces