Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Common Room~* (chatterbox, life, socializing)
Gay marriage Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MoonlitAquaSoul

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:34 pm
I literally started crying when i heard the news on TV. There are really so few happy stories on the news these days. Hopefully, this will sort of snowball and more places will start to become more open minded and accepting. Sadly though it will probably take a while because of places like Louisiana where I live. It's so ridiculous, it's more accepted to marry you're cousin here than someone of the same sex xp  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:26 am
I was right. Today a measure was placed on the November ballot to ban gay marriage in California. Judging by the poll results it will most likely be passed, rebanning gay marriage in California. God, this pissed me off.  

Kawasima

Korealia

Distinct Seeker

3,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:52 pm
goddess_elppy
Just because I'm a nitpicker... The issue isn't about love, it's about marriage. Far as I know, there's no law on the books stating that men are not allowed to fall in love with men. Falling in love and being married are two totally different things.

this is the problem we have when we mix religion with legalities.

i think the biggest problem conservatives have with the whole thing is that to them, the idea of 'marriage' is a spiritual, sacred union in the eyes of the church. being that homosexuality is sinful in our most dominant faith, you have a huge outcry.

personally, i look at marriage as legal contract. because in the sense of 'state laws', the only reason for it deal with property issues. for example, you have to be married for health insurance. when you're married, you have to split your estate into two parts if you seperate ways. the basis of marriage is property, not spiritual. religion makes it spiritual.

quite frankly, i've seen people get totally shafted because of no legal binding contract. the survivor of a gay couple left penniless and in the poorhouse because neither of them took the time to write wills, and the family, who was against the deceased being gay in the first place, comes in and cleans house. how fair is that?

some people just got it all backwards. xp there's three things all religions push for: love of oneself, love of others, and love and take care of the enviroment around you! wink  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:19 pm
heart Thats awesomeness! heart

LadyCharis

emo_hippie_chick

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:32 pm
Luna-Wiccan Princess
I literally started crying when i heard the news on TV. There are really so few happy stories on the news these days. Hopefully, this will sort of snowball and more places will start to become more open minded and accepting. Sadly though it will probably take a while because of places like Louisiana where I live. It's so ridiculous, it's more accepted to marry you're cousin here than someone of the same sex xp

she's right.... sadly cry
i was esstatic when i heard the news. my parents reaction was that the world's going to hell. and yes, they are catholic. stare  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:10 pm
I'm happy. I hope the law that states if a legal document is true in one state it is true in all the others takes effect. If you're legally married in one state it's suppose to be true in every other state also. So I hope that law takes over soon so gay marriage in all the US of A can be legal. I'll be running outside cheering. redface  

iRayneMoon

Cariaith

2,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:46 pm
Hehe i don't get the whole american gay issue at hand here. Where i live, gay marriages are really normal, i was engaged for that matter. Not in front of the church tho, cuz those christians can be hypocrites coming to that matter, the 10 commandments say love, and respect your fellow man, while they are anti wicca, and anti witchcraft and anti gay, and anti i don't know what. (no disrespect meant to a possible stray christian over here) i just think its hypocrisy, and that an opinion not a fact wink anyways, lets hope for the americans over here, more states will follow the example!  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:08 am
where d you live???  

The gypsy Queen

too2sweet
Captain

Tipsy Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:56 pm
He's from the Netherlands, I think.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:49 pm
I think its kind of cool that they are opening up the freedom for this finally. However, I for some reason, find this a bit of a ploy. :/ And don't take that the wrong way, I am in no way against gay marriage. I just find the sudden change a bit odd...Yah'know?  

Indisgression

Familiar Gaian

The gypsy Queen

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:11 am
ya it is abitt odd. alot of weird stuff is happening.
the bush administration is trying to pass a bill saying brith control is the same as an abortion. at the same time they are taking funding from planned parenthoods and giving $ to pro life clinics in stead.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:29 pm
*sighs*
It's about time America started opening their eyes.  

XxChompyR4averxX

demeter_rose

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:32 pm
The Iowa Supreme Court legalized gay marriage on Friday! WOOT! Iowa was one of the first states to legalize interracial marriage and has always been "progressive" despite the fact that it's a rural state. I wish Ohioans would open their eyes!!  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:40 pm
Foxmore
Not too long ago people of different races weren't allowed to get married. Hopefully the next generation will look up at us with bemused expressions when we tell them that people of the same gender couldn't get married back in our day.

That and Pluto used to be a planet, but that is getting off the subject. xd

in alabama its actually still on the books that inter-racial marriage is illegal, but it is not enforced, thank goodness. alabama is so bass-ackwards.

thats great about gay marriage though, hopefully it'll spread.  

whiporwill-o

Unusual Inescapable Me

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:54 pm
Love is love. I wish people would see that, but they don't.

My parents wanted to throw up.  
*~Common Room~* (chatterbox, life, socializing)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games