Welcome to Gaia! ::

Faith Black's Multi-purpose Friend Guild

Back to Guilds

This guild is a hangout for everyone on Gaia. Members are encouraged to talk about just about anything, plus, we have monthly giveaways! 

Tags: giveaway, contest, hangout, friend, game 

Reply Friendly Advice
Ask The Master. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Life. Do you like it?
  I LOVE LIFE^_^
  Life is great.
  Life is alright.. Could be beter.
  Life sucks.
  ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I HATE IT!!!!
View Results

Celionis

Interesting Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:38 pm
Sorry I've been gone for such a long time. I have no electricity at home so I can't get online easily. If anyone is getting frustrated because I'm not here, then I ask that anyone who can help out, then I would be very happy. I don't know when I can get back so I can't help you until then.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:15 pm
Charkan
skyline_rt4
Okay...So I was dating this boy for like 3 weeks and he claimed he went to Oklahoma & I drive up to his apt and he's there... Then the next time that I call him, he yells "What" into my phone and hangs up on me.....

Do you think that he was seeing another girl?

It is possible he is with someone else.
He might be annoyed for some reason unknown.
He is just mean.
He ants to cut off all communicatiopn with you for some reason.

Past that, I am not sure what the problem could be.

Thank you Charkan. Sorry it has taken me so long to respond... I have AOL...but I have heard that he "feels" bad about how it ended. Ya know I can do so much better than him. So it's his lost. Not mine.  

skyline_rt4

skyline_rt4

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:31 pm
I wanted to give some advice myself….okay.

Don’t be in a rush to find a boyfriend/girlfriend. LET THEM COME TO YOU! They should be interested in you & for who you are as a person….I’ve made some huge mistakes that could of cost me my life..

When you met him/her don’t rush into a relationship.. Be friends for awhile and then have relationship.. Sometimes it works out for the best….or not…

Think about what you are doing…If you decide to start having sex with this guy/girl. Get them check out by a REAL doctor. Cause you never know….

Well that’s all I can think of right now…..  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:31 pm
To the father problem: Does she have a job? She is old enough to move out. Try to get her out of the house as much as possible. She may not be able to live with you but if she can stay over at someone's house for about 3 outta 7 days or something like that or stay out with friends as late as possible then that helps too. My sister had a friend in your friend's position. But really both the God-child and your friend have to go to the police but make sure you have evidance. You can't just go and tell them you have to have proof.  

soupeh

azi-maj

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:57 am
two of my best friends had a fight and now won't talk to each other...one of them (let's call her C) wrote bad stuff about people (who were mostly her friends that i don't hang out with on a regular basis) including my other best friend (let's call her J) and then she let other people read what she wrote on her journal (she does this all the time because usually she writes poems and stories in it) but J stole it from the person who was borrowing it and read all the bad stuff C wrote and then told everyone who was involved about it (and told everyone who wasn't involved, like me, to stay out of it) and then J started a hate group against C and started being really mean to her...and now both of them feel that they've been wronged and the argument has been going on for months now...and it worries me because they are completely ignoring each other now (and they use to be best friends) they both say they've tried to make up and that other was being rude and not cooperating... J has been depressed and moody and getting somewhat unstable thinking that everyone is against her....C doesn't care anymore and is being spiteful and ignoring J ....but to me their both at fault and that they should just suck it up and get along again, but they won't listen to me

how do i get them to get along again?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:41 pm
Have them talk it out. Just sit at a table with just C, J, and you as a watcher if possble and maybe to calm the other girls down if it gets too heated. Do not let anyone else be there. Get them to work it out and talk it out. Get them to explain why they did what they did. Really all the gossipe and back stabbing is going to get them nowhere. It doesn't matter if they say they talked it out. Be there as a witness and raise questions or things that need to be said. No one else should be there really. Try it.  

soupeh

Morphinespots

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:27 pm
I cant seem to stop fighting with peole everything back fires on me what should i do. .?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:42 pm
azi-maj
two of my best friends had a fight and now won't talk to each other...one of them (let's call her C) wrote bad stuff about people (who were mostly her friends that i don't hang out with on a regular basis) including my other best friend (let's call her J) and then she let other people read what she wrote on her journal (she does this all the time because usually she writes poems and stories in it) but J stole it from the person who was borrowing it and read all the bad stuff C wrote and then told everyone who was involved about it (and told everyone who wasn't involved, like me, to stay out of it) and then J started a hate group against C and started being really mean to her...and now both of them feel that they've been wronged and the argument has been going on for months now...and it worries me because they are completely ignoring each other now (and they use to be best friends) they both say they've tried to make up and that other was being rude and not cooperating... J has been depressed and moody and getting somewhat unstable thinking that everyone is against her....C doesn't care anymore and is being spiteful and ignoring J ....but to me their both at fault and that they should just suck it up and get along again, but they won't listen to me

how do i get them to get along again?

Woah. While that is quite a dilemma, I found out the hard way that getting yourself involved can get them to turn on you instead of each other, so I would suggest simply being friendly to both of them, but otherwise staying out of it. If they're both serious about wanting to rebuild their friendship, they'll figure out a way to do it themselves. Trying to force them to be friends again won't do any good if neither of them wants to try & work it out.
One thing to remember when doing this is that you need to stay neutral. If one of them tries to talk to you behind the other's back (like spread rumors through you, or tell you bad things about the other), you need to stop them & let them know that you're friends with BOTH of them, & that you don't want to get caught up in their drama anymore than you already are.
If one of them comes to you asking for advice on how to fix the relationship, be understanding, but be careful with your words, & don't make yourself a messenger. Insist that they keep trying to talk to each other, but make sure that they both want to fix it, or it will never happen.
If the fight gets so bad (which it probably has) that they're both coming at you saying bad things about the other, one method is to give them both your input in the exact same words, at the exact same time. This can be done through the glory of the internet.
E-mail 1 message to the 2 people. Be sure to include your take on the situation, politely pointing out the things that each has done to fix the relationship, & how the other stopped it from happening. Start the message out by stating how it got started from your point of view, & how it progressed to where it is now. Put on the bottom of the message that you will refuse to talk to either of them until they work it out & stop putting you & others in the middle of it, which includes having others fight their battle (this means no more backstabbing, rumors, pointing the finger, etc). Remember that while writing it, you have to be neutral. Don't take either side.
This method can only be truly effective if you're best friends with BOTH of them, & if losing you would truly mean something to them both. If you're not close enough to one of them for this to be truly effective, try grabbing their best friend, & ask if they'd like to help in ending the argument, then let them read the letter before you send it, or they can help you write it.

Hope that helped a little. Sorry it was so long.  

FaithBlack
Vice Captain

Fashionable Sex Symbol

16,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Noob wrangler 100

FaithBlack
Vice Captain

Fashionable Sex Symbol

16,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:49 pm
Morphinespots
I cant seem to stop fighting with peole everything back fires on me what should i do. .?

The short & simple answer would be to limit the number of people you hang out with. If some one starts a fight with you (or tries to), simply back up, & tell them politely how you feel on the situation, which can only be done in a calm manner. If they come at you screaming, take a step back, relax for a second, then quietly tell them your side of the story. If you freak out & yell back, or even cry, they'll pay more attention to the tone of your voice rather than what you're saying.
By crying, you're showing them that they've hit a weak spot, & they'll think that they're winning.
By yelling back, then assume that you're trying to win, & they'll scream louder & fight harder.
By stating how you feel quietly, you show them that you're not effected by it, but wouldn't mind working it out. This will calm them down a little too, & you can begin from there to sort out the argument.

Hope I helped a little.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:00 pm
OK I'm back and running.
If you have problems, Just ask.
And thanks to FaithBlack and everyone who helped in my absence.  

Celionis

Interesting Hunter

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 2:40 pm

XxDreamerr-LovexX

okay, so my grades start slipping and I try my best to bring it up, but it just doesn't work, wat should I do? emo  
User Image

Please donate!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 3:39 pm
scream there is absolutely no way you could ever help me with my problems buddy so im not even bothering life just took a s**t on me and it keeps shittin on me so i just dont care about life ne more  

Ace Python 86

Celionis

Interesting Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:37 pm
Ace Python 86
scream there is absolutely no way you could ever help me with my problems buddy so im not even bothering life just took a s**t on me and it keeps shittin on me so i just dont care about life ne more
I agree that I can't help you. You probably won't listen cause you already gave up  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:30 am
okay so there's this guy i don't really know how i feel about him, i went out with him for about 6 months, and it had a lot of up and downs but we always ended up having a good time together. we got in a few fight and broke up but never for long he always asked me to take him back and i did or i would talk him out of the break up . my friend never liked him but at times i could see why, but she never helped me deal with him if anything she the one who started the things i had to deal with, one day it was going great then just out of no where i get a message saying he needed a break from love, and i just couldn't understand if you love someone you can't just take a break from them so i just never said anything to him. i didn't talk to him for a few weeks he always tried to talk to me but all i want to do was yell at him and i hate yelling at people so i always just ignored him. then one day i talked back to him and it was like nothing ever happened between us he was acting like i never went out with him and it really hurt but i never let him know that. i just talked less and less to him. he always ended up making me mad at him now and i hate that cause we were great friends before i went out with him and now i can't even have a convection with him with out being mad.
what should i do about him?  

xRustySporkx

Celionis

Interesting Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:16 pm
xRustySporkx
okay so there's this guy i don't really know how i feel about him, i went out with him for about 6 months, and it had a lot of up and downs but we always ended up having a good time together. we got in a few fight and broke up but never for long he always asked me to take him back and i did or i would talk him out of the break up . my friend never liked him but at times i could see why, but she never helped me deal with him if anything she the one who started the things i had to deal with, one day it was going great then just out of no where i get a message saying he needed a break from love, and i just couldn't understand if you love someone you can't just take a break from them so i just never said anything to him. i didn't talk to him for a few weeks he always tried to talk to me but all i want to do was yell at him and i hate yelling at people so i always just ignored him. then one day i talked back to him and it was like nothing ever happened between us he was acting like i never went out with him and it really hurt but i never let him know that. i just talked less and less to him. he always ended up making me mad at him now and i hate that cause we were great friends before i went out with him and now i can't even have a convection with him with out being mad.
what should i do about him?
This may be one of the problems that take time to heal. I'm not sure about the solution to a problem like this.  
Friendly Advice

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff