Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I think about what my funeral would be like
  Yes
  No
View Results

Shadowed Intent

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 11:20 pm
I would like to have an ebony coffin, however unlikely, and black and red roses everywhere I also want to be buried in the trench coat I do not yet own but will cherish the rest of my life and music wise, I haven't decided between Bela Lugosi's Dead by Bauhaus, A Gorey Demise by Creature Feature or Six Feet Down also by creature feature, I think they all would be fitting, although the last two would make the funeral fun. xd  
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 4:45 am
I'm going out with a fun time!
First off, I'm having EVERYONE dress as Godzilla. NO matter how old you are, in a wheelchair, or a ghost YOU ARE GODZILLA.
Only one person, ONLY ONE, shall not be dressed as Godzilla. That shall be the person who reads my sermon. They will be dressed as the State Puff Cream Marshmallow Man. Yep, I said it.

...if there is a priest, he's dressing up as Mechagodzilla....

After that, everyone will be leading me on a procession through town, a mass group of Godzillas, and one State Puff Cream Marshmallow Man, all walking slowly behind a casket.

But, the casket is far from ordinary. It will be build into the car, Dragula!! Not the original, but a replica. It will be remote controlled by someone, and it will be going down the street, revving the whole way so I can piss off people who manage to be sleeping at the time ^_^

Then, after my burial, which will be a mystifying light show and firework extravaganza, there will be a massive party.

Now, imagine a bunch of drunken Godzilla's dancing the night away.

That, will be my FUNeral.  

Macabre_Cogitation
Crew

The Goth Apple

Dapper Dabbler

14,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 7:24 am
I haven't planned out my funeral in detail, but every time I go to a funeral, I make a mental note of what I do not want to happen at my funeral and what I do.
My father had two funerals, one for his family and one for his friends. At the family funeral, they played the time warp and his father, a preacher; gave a sermon I mostly ignored because my father just died and I was depressed; but as I recall he compared his son to Jesus. During the planning of the funeral, my mother kept telling his father that he'd been living as a pagan for over twenty years and that the christian funeral was just for the relatives, and that she didn't care what he did there, and he kept ignoring her.
That pissed me off.
At his second funeral, everyone dressed like vikings and we drank alot of mead, threw axes, and had waster battles. Then we burned a miniture ship and grave goods, mostly symbolic photocopies so they'd burn better. Coke, duct tape, his drinking horn, some tools for example.
We managed to find a nice metal bowl-like thing and a stand that would work for it so that we didn't have to use the barbeque. More dignified that way.

I've actually put alot more thought into my burial. I want a green burial. It's religious, I want to rot. I also designed my gravestone at one point, but that was for a comic; it took place in a graveyard and I needed to put names on the tombstones. It had a cat and rosemary on it, kinda a joke on my poor memory.

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 5:11 pm
just put me in the ground. no casket, no embalming, under a fruit baring tree.

i want by body to be re absorbed into the earth.  

AEtherclaw

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 8:28 pm
Gothic cathedral.
Black casket, open.
Horse-drawn hearse or just an old one.
'Across the Universe' covered by Rufus Wainwright.

Ever since I saw episode 1, season 2, of The IT Crowd, I've wanted to leave a video like Denim did. He just eats that apple! HA! That's so cool.

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 9:20 pm
No, it's not particuarlly morbid. I do it a lot.

I'm really cruel about it though; I think that songs like "Helena" and other ones that would totally make me cry would be great to have in the backround. :B I'm a jerk, aren't I? I'll MAKE them weep for me, oh yes I will.

I've also tried to get around to writing a letter to be read to people if I should die sooner than intended, but that's taking it a bit far.

I do want to be cremated though. No sense clogging the earth with silly ole me.

Orange Affair

Dapper Fatcat

7,575 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100

babykitty18

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 8:06 am
I have thought about this many times,mostly wen im depressed...but thats a different story ANYWAY!... I do not want to be in a casket...too much money im cheap lmao xp I don't wanna be cremated either...i already poisoned the world wen i was alive no point in putting a literal sense into it...
so in stead i want to be...damn i for got the word...I'll just explain it.
Well as from what i remember, they hoist u up in a metal basket and dump u in this big machine full of water, acid, and some type of gas and they leave u there till the next day. When they come back all thats left is ur skeleton that if u touch it u turn to ash...its sooooo cool! 3nodding They only side effect is that all ur fleshy parts are dissolved in the water, gas, and acid (as well) then the water is cleaned of u and returned to the water treating plant...
if there are traces of me in ur water be known i will haunt u and say...
"U DRANK ME!...OGA BOOGA!" LMFAO! xp
Oh! and the ashes that are left of ur bones? Just scatter them on a plant and it will grow mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 12:26 pm
Im too happy to plan my funeral already, and I dont think I want to be buried cause it scared me to lay under the ground.
I havent thought of a song for a funeral but I like footprints in the sand of leona lewis alot now.  

Blije

lilithtrescot

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 12:48 pm
ZOMG this thread is the best...

My family has a little plot in a cemetary in Ramondville, Texas(If your in the area go visit us, the Trevino's). Soooo many of my family is buried there, I have to be too. I'm a little traditional like that. I'd want my kids there too, when they pass. I don't want chemicals and all that in me,or any clothes on me (I wanna go out how I came in, right), I want a plain wooden box, that I made before I died or even got close to dying. I'd totally paint it with intricate designs and symbols and have one side to let my friends graffiti and sign all over it. I'd allow no crying, but if someone had to as that is the cultural norm, I'd allow it but it would be frowned upon. This would be a huge, happy party and feast and everyone I ever knew would be invited. It would be a closed casket, but there'd be plenty of pictures of me. Dancing and loud music, definitely. I want everything to be settled before I'm dead so there would be no arguments from my family. I don't want a priest to sit over it, either. Maybe a Buddhist monk and a Wiccan priest together, but not a Christian guy. Most of my family is Christian and I'm sure they'd complain, but screw them. When they die they can do whatever they want.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 11:37 pm
I do.

My only real set-in-stone things are:

The song "Mayonaise" must be played with lyric sheets handed out
(even though not everyone will understand why),
no matter what happens with me in the future, I want a Catholic ceremony,
and I only, only want people who knew me.
None of that, "I'm coming because you were my cousin" crap.
My cousins barely know my name.

x_apathyslastkiss

Veruniel
Crew

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 6:30 am
My father is constantly thinking about his funeral. He doesn't want his body to go to waste and so he doesn't like the idea of closed coffins. He wants to be left naked on a cliff somewhere where ravens will eat him.  
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 7:16 am
Ohh hell, that sounds awfull and I dont think most of the family agrees with it or do they?  

Blije

Veruniel
Crew

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 11:28 am
Blije
Ohh hell, that sounds awfull and I dont think most of the family agrees with it or do they?

They're all agreed that he's damned well not going to be naked.  
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 4:38 pm
If I'm not given back to the Earth then it better be uber expensive with my corpse dressed as a clown and some cheering up. evil
they better serve good food afterward and place a rice cake on my grave.
.....and torches.

AdrianaKitten

heartofsilver777

Beloved Receiver

7,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 5:12 pm
I told my own parents that I want to be buried in black. lol
Also, I want to have dark make-up on even if I die old which I'm hoping I live a full life. I want a black coffin with crimson sink and lace on the outside. I want the tombstone to be an angel statue since I collect angels.
I also think about what everyone's reaction would be.
I also want an electric guitar and organ playing Gothic melodies.

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff