Submit

Parasols!
  Yea!
  Nay!
  I use a normal umbrella!
View Results

lyssiah

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:23 am
I had a purple parasol that I used at faire and similar events but it got broken. crying Besides i'm too much of a salamander to stay out of the sun!  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:29 am
Veruniel
Nothing says 'gothy' like a black lace parasol! I just got this one in the mail and I'm all happy (even though I can't use it right now because there's been nothing but rain all week)!

Anyone else have a parasol, or walk around under an umbrella when it's sunny?

I have that exact parasol!

User Image

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50

Laharl Part Deux

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:47 am
I have a parasol. It's black and tattered. Which is intentional. It's very Tim Burton esc. I love it even though it doesn't really protect me from the sun.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:34 pm
I have a lace parasol similar to the ones in this thread, but not the exact same design. It was sold to me as hand-tatted, and it looks to be that way so I'm going to say it is. I'd post a picture, but I in all the pictures with it in it the parasol's very much not the focus of the photograph.  

The Goth Apple

Dapper Dabbler

14,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

For Fear of Little Men

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:11 am
I had a parasol, but my sister said that I wasn't important (three guesses about what coming from a cheerleader), so there for my stuff wasn't important, and she ripped it to shreds. When my parents inquired about what happened, she said that I left it out side, and the weather destroyed it.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:14 am
Veruniel
Nothing says 'gothy' like a black lace parasol! I just got this one in the mail and I'm all happy (even though I can't use it right now because there's been nothing but rain all week)!

Anyone else have a parasol, or walk around under an umbrella when it's sunny?

I know you posted that months ago, but I JUST came back to gaia after a million years.

I ADORE parasols. I have 3. I have one in black lace, one in white belgian lace, and one I made out of a black sparkly umbrella... I just added a beaded fringe. I have a mini belgian lace parasol too... the right size for a doll maybe, but I haven't found the right doll to go with it. More people should use parasols instead of dorky looking, ill-suited hats. emo  

trampyre

Lady Pureblood

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:45 pm
I have a Chinese parasol, I bought it at a local flea market. my skin is very fair, and also burns easily. The one you have here is wonderful!  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:08 pm
I have a black lace parasol myself 3nodding they are simply wonderful.  

Angel of the End

medical kitten

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:47 am
That's a lovely parasol. I've always wanted a pretty lacey parasol but I doubt I would be able to afford one. Hah. Maybe if I got a parasol I wouldn't feel the need to be constantly wearing sunglasses. xD

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:17 pm
[Fire Tiger]
That's a lovely parasol. I've always wanted a pretty lacey parasol but I doubt I would be able to afford one. Hah. Maybe if I got a parasol I wouldn't feel the need to be constantly wearing sunglasses. xD
How much do they cost? You could take on some baby sitting jobs and make some money.  

Henneth Annun
Captain

[Ashes][is][Ashes]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:59 pm
Unfortunately, I do not have a parasol.
I would be absolutely delighted to have a white one!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:48 am
I seriously need a parasol because sun hurts my eyes but I look ridiculous in sunglasses. Plus my loli dress could use an accessory  

Teriyaki Tsubaki

1,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

medical kitten

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:37 am
XWraith_LordX
[Fire Tiger]
How much do they cost? You could take on some baby sitting jobs and make some money.

Well I saw one on amazon I liked for $25. But of course, that would include shipping...which I don't how much that is. Hopefully I have enough money left over to buy one.... But yeah, there's always babysitting..  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:59 pm
[Fire Tiger]
XWraith_LordX
[Fire Tiger]

Well I saw one on amazon I liked for $25. But of course, that would include shipping...which I don't how much that is. Hopefully I have enough money left over to buy one.... But yeah, there's always babysitting..

You can find them in markets and hippie shops.  

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50

Shadowed Intent

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:13 pm
I get hilariously odd looks when I walk around under my umbrella, I remember when the sport class was leaving the gym, and they all whispered "what the hell" which, when spoken by 15 people is about the same as one person saying it in a loud, clear voice xd  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff