Welcome to Gaia! ::

Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Back to Guilds

Reply Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer
The Cover of "Breaking Dawn" ::SPOILER WARNING!!!:: Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

OHMYGAWD!!!
  Amazing!
  KInda Disappointing actually...
View Results

IceKittyeKat

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 2:05 pm
Usagi_Mini_Moon
but why would the white piece be a queen if edward is a guy...
wouldn't it be a king,
unless they show that the queen is the best playing piece!!
!?!?!??!

A theory for that is that early in the book Bella is turned into a vampire. I'm guessing the red piece is either one of the following:

1) Jacob

2) Her first and only kill

3) Her first of MANY kills

4) for some unfathomable reason I get a nagging suspicion that it COULD be Edward.

5) One of the Voultari (sorry I know that's mispelled)

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 2:47 pm
IceKittyeKat
pengigirl14
If it IS the acctual cover, it might not mean anything special right? I mean, the ribbon on Eclipse didnt have a meaning did it?

Actually the ribbon did mean something. In an interview (which I believe is on Stephanie's website) She stated that the ribbon was a symbol for Bella and her breaking ties to the world. The ribbon had uneven threads which were the "ties" to other people (e.i. Charlie, Jacob ect.)

Since that had a meaning. I think this cover (if it's real) Is explaining the battle between Bellas options. The Red one is of her staying human while the White one is her becoming something entirly new and powerful.

While in the past she has been used like a pawn (by James), forced to fight for what she wanted (bieng a pawn in a game of chess is a very dangerous situation since you are most likely going to go down first. You are easly replaced and not missed all that much.)(don't know if that fit in anywhere). She also has ever since meeting Edward felt insignificant and small. A human next to one Super Sexy guy who has all the moves.(Maybe thats how the pawn fits in)

The white one could be her choice. Finally finding the place she wants to be. Sticking to a decision. This one seeing how it is infront and bigger than the pawn could be meaning that this is final what she picks will be the end. (Something new but not like the old Bella, something different)

I don't know maybe I'm reading to much into it but it is the final book other than Edwards pov of twilight "Midnight Sun". What do you guys think about the "Covers" symbolism?  

Creative-berry-genius

Creative-berry-genius

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 2:51 pm
celestialheiress
eh im not really that impressed... if stephenie meyer kills of Jacob im gonna be so mad... argh...it'll be just like freaking A Great and Terrible Beauty trilogy...dammit...killing off the best characters...or freakin harry potter....wtf...

Yeah Libba made me so mad I hope Stephenie really did a good job on this book. If not I will just have to stick it next to AGATB books and say it was good but it could have been better. I mean come on who really likes the books that get you into someone and then smacks you in the face when they all of a sudden die or just disapear from the book. So Freaking annoying.  
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 5:55 pm
That's awesome!!

the king and the queen chess peices... and that little quote pre-view thing.. whatever you wanna call it... is probably like.. right before he bites her.. (maybe) (idk) wait... unless... something like.. interupts them.. and then.. then... idk.. its gunna be awesome! X]  

there was a silence

Aqua Anjel

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 6:03 pm
i'll just wait another 2 days....  
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:13 pm
User Image
Theres a whole in the world like a great black pit that is filled with people who are filled with s**t and the vermin of the world inhabit it...

i had a substitute teacher for two days that was her cousin. she had gotten an advanced copy of the manuscript and she said that it was amazing and that stephenie had a lot of twists and such in it. i can't wait! i already preordered it like a month and a half ago haha.

...But not for long....

Bipolar Masquerade

Desirable Lover

celestialheiress

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:26 pm
Creative-berry-genius
celestialheiress
eh im not really that impressed... if stephenie meyer kills of Jacob im gonna be so mad... argh...it'll be just like freaking A Great and Terrible Beauty trilogy...dammit...killing off the best characters...or freakin harry potter....wtf...

Yeah Libba made me so mad I hope Stephenie really did a good job on this book. If not I will just have to stick it next to AGATB books and say it was good but it could have been better. I mean come on who really likes the books that get you into someone and then smacks you in the face when they all of a sudden die or just disapear from the book. So Freaking annoying.

yeah man, whats that about?? How can authors just randomly off main characters? its ridiculous and confusing..I read the freakin AGATB trilogy in hopes that... ::SPOILER WARNING:: Kartik and Gemma would get together and be happy and all that crap and what happens?? big stupid fight and he turns into a freakin tree!! WTF okay he went into one but same thing...he DIED...geez. dammit man. yeah...I really really do NOT want BD to turn out that way...ill be so disappointed.  
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:41 pm
Honestly i soooooo want to believe it, i was on photobucket one day to and some had the "first page" of breaking dawn, just to much is appearing and i can't believe it. But if that was the cover i think i would like it but i still like the one in my sig. But also how do we know there is going to be a poster like the Eclipse one?
(Oi i feel so un-twilight fan freak right now. crying )

X-Freiheit93-X

X-Freiheit93-X

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 11:55 am
Okay i so don't agree with what i posted last night i just read a preview from breaking dawn and it was just like the first page some one had posted in the Breaking Dawn section of the guild, so this is probably the cover...im still a bit disappointed though oh well.  
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 12:04 pm
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Hm... I'm not sure if that
would be the real thing. Why
would it be sideways and not
vertically printed? Maybe someone
was having fun printing? I don't
know. =

But the cover does puzzle me
in every aspect. It could mean
that Bella has only one more
chance at staying "alive" and
living out her last days. Perhaps
the internal battle of leaving everyone
and becoming a Vamp.

Whatever it is I'm thrilled about
the book and want to read it as
soon as possible!! ^_^
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

La Beaute

Cecilia Rose

5,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 8:34 pm
Creative-berry-genius

Since that had a meaning. I think this cover (if it's real) Is explaining the battle between Bellas options. The Red one is of her staying human while the White one is her becoming something entirly new and powerful.

While in the past she has been used like a pawn (by James), forced to fight for what she wanted (bieng a pawn in a game of chess is a very dangerous situation since you are most likely going to go down first. You are easly replaced and not missed all that much.)(don't know if that fit in anywhere). She also has ever since meeting Edward felt insignificant and small. A human next to one Super Sexy guy who has all the moves.(Maybe thats how the pawn fits in)

The white one could be her choice. Finally finding the place she wants to be. Sticking to a decision. This one seeing how it is infront and bigger than the pawn could be meaning that this is final what she picks will be the end. (Something new but not like the old Bella, something different)

I don't know maybe I'm reading to much into it but it is the final book other than Edwards pov of twilight "Midnight Sun". What do you guys think about the "Covers" symbolism?

That's a really good theory. I just had an idea that if the pieces are bella, and if they are her human and vampire, the pawn is red which symbolizes blood and the Queen is white, which symbolizes the ice and the paleness of vampires. Ha!!! If that's really what it is, I'm going to scream when BD comes out.

and no, Jacob CAN'T die. he CAN'T!!! yeah, Bella might love both of them but she's marrying Edward. (soposedly) ugh. I'm going to DIE waiting for Breaking Dawn to come out!!!! scream  
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 9:54 pm
La Beaute
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Hm... I'm not sure if that
would be the real thing. Why
would it be sideways and not
vertically printed? Maybe someone
was having fun printing? I don't
know. =

But the cover does puzzle me
in every aspect. It could mean
that Bella has only one more
chance at staying "alive" and
living out her last days. Perhaps
the internal battle of leaving everyone
and becoming a Vamp.

Whatever it is I'm thrilled about
the book and want to read it as
soon as possible!! ^_^
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

No, its the real thing...
Has anyone else read the first chapter yet??
I NEED TO KNOW MORE!!

OMG I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Haley Beth

iMonochromatic

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 6:22 am
"I'm really sorry about your hand"

OMFG! I'm gonna die if I'm skint when the book comes out! And I'll cry if she kills Jacob cry ...I nearly cried on the epilogue of Eclipse when Jacob was running off redface ...TWO FREAKING MONTHS! gonk Heehee, I wonder what Alice is gonna do with the wedding...

"Next time you want to hit me, use a baseball bat or a crowbar, okay?"
- Jacob Black, Eclipse

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 6:29 am
Wow. what do you know? it was real...
I am now excited. ^_^  

Aqua Anjel

Sawgirl

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 8:55 am
HOLY SHEETFUDCTS.
Cool. ;D
However, Stephenie likes to torture her readers.
Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if Bella ran off with Jacob instead of having the wedding. I would HATE her for that, of course, just saying I wouldn't put it past Stephenie to do that to us...

Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff