Reply Dragon's Lair
The hacking help corner. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I have been
  Hacked recently.
  Hacked at some point in the past. (now recovered)
  Hacked and never got my account/stuff back.
  Never hacked. (runs off and creates emergency secondary)
View Results

Arrie Warclaw
Crew

Agile Hunter

10,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:56 pm
Thank you Zann!
*pounces and purrs*
hee hee.........yeah, nice disclaimer there. But really, if one thing had happened besides the popup appearing it would have triggered something in my mind. But now me shall be more vigilant. And I have seen on some email servers, like Yahoo, they have a password checker that will tell you how strong your password is.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:58 pm
Arrie Warclaw
Thank you Zann!
*pounces and purrs*
hee hee.........yeah, nice disclaimer there. But really, if one thing had happened besides the popup appearing it would have triggered something in my mind. But now me shall be more vigilant. And I have seen on some email servers, like Yahoo, they have a password checker that will tell you how strong your password is.

mhmm... but those generally suck... they mostly check for length and that you have alpha-numeric.. you could take your name followed by your age or year of birth and it would say it's "good".. some even say that it's strong...  

zann

Conversationalist

Aldora21
Crew

Sexy Kitten

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:32 pm
Willa - what an uplifting story. Who would have thought it would be, but made me feel all warm and fuzzy.
Zann - thank you SO much for sharing those wonderful guidelines with people. too many people don't realize how important a good password is!  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:32 am
*purrs at these helpful people*
Thank you. But please, if you know someone who has had to go through the process of getting their account back from a ban, tell them to post here with what they had to do. I want to know what to expect in the 3 months time when Gaia gets around to my report.  

Arrie Warclaw
Crew

Agile Hunter

10,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100

WytchFaerie

7,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:05 pm
i was hacked about a month ago or so...and the funny thing is is that i had JUST changed my password like 2 days before and i told NO ONE and had not used that password anywhere else...but yet i still got hacked... and it happed when i was ONLINE!!! ugh! and i found out who did it and looked at their profile and they were wearing all of my items!! rediculous i tell you!!

i have no idea why people feel the need to steal things from others... gold is sooooo easy to get on here... yeah it may take a while but still

soooo frustrating!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:58 pm
Im Your Lucid Nightmare
i was hacked about a month ago or so...and the funny thing is is that i had JUST changed my password like 2 days before and i told NO ONE and had not used that password anywhere else...but yet i still got hacked... and it happed when i was ONLINE!!! ugh! and i found out who did it and looked at their profile and they were wearing all of my items!! rediculous i tell you!!

i have no idea why people feel the need to steal things from others... gold is sooooo easy to get on here... yeah it may take a while but still

soooo frustrating!!

i know exactly how you feel! it's absolutely frustrating!  

mintsie_ii

Arrie Warclaw
Crew

Agile Hunter

10,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:02 pm
Yes....If the people who hacked accounts knew how much I worked to get my items then perhaps they would think about maybe they could get stuff that way as well. For those of you who hang in the Lair you know how much I obsessed over the games to get the stuff I won.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:01 pm
Arrie Warclaw
Yes....If the people who hacked accounts knew how much I worked to get my items then perhaps they would think about maybe they could get stuff that way as well. For those of you who hang in the Lair you know how much I obsessed over the games to get the stuff I won.

i don't think those selfish people care stare  

treebornkettlgrl

11,650 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Cheerleader 200

zann

Conversationalist

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:38 am
Im Your Lucid Nightmare

soooo frustrating!!

that, would be a key logger, so scan for the little bastards.. or, if you use firefox, there's an addon that goes down to kernel level to encrypt your keystrokes while typing inside firefox ^^

This one  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:22 am
zann
Im Your Lucid Nightmare

soooo frustrating!!

that, would be a key logger, so scan for the little bastards.. or, if you use firefox, there's an addon that goes down to kernel level to encrypt your keystrokes while typing inside firefox ^^

This one

well, bd's hacker told me to use the master password thing.

and to not download youtube scamming programs. rofl rofl rofl

any idiot who is stupid enough to dowload a "hacking program" from youtube totally deserves everything they get. lol  

aecy

Aged Noob

11,125 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Tycoon 200

Arrie Warclaw
Crew

Agile Hunter

10,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:26 pm
youtube scamming programs?
*collapses giggling*
what nerd would do that?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:46 pm
Arrie Warclaw
*collapses giggling*
what nerd would do that?
I know! It makes me laugh. ^^
I looked at them when I was doing research for the whole towns thing to make sure it was safe and there were videos where people were using a firefox add-on to change the appearance of the page & its gold... and that's all they were doing really, changing the picture, lol... and they had a link to download "the hacking program" rofl rofl rofl

lol.

well, the towns thing was just packet-editing... messing with the stuff their comps sent out... which meant that it was harmless. I had some fun taunting them though. >:} muahaha.  

aecy

Aged Noob

11,125 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Tycoon 200

Arrie Warclaw
Crew

Agile Hunter

10,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:36 pm
aecy
Arrie Warclaw
*collapses giggling*
what nerd would do that?
I looked at them when I was doing research for the whole towns thing to make sure it was safe and there were videos where people were using a firefox add-on to change the appearance of the page & its gold... and that's all they were doing really, changing the picture, lol... and they had a link to download "the hacking program" rofl rofl rofl

lol.

well, the towns thing was just packet-editing... messing with the stuff their comps sent out... which meant that it was harmless. I had some fun taunting them though. >:} muahaha.

*is still giggling*
oo........I would join you except I don't want to do anything that would mess up my sister's laptop. Mine is broken again so I am stuck borrowing(see steal) hers.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:47 pm
Arrie Warclaw
aecy
Arrie Warclaw
*collapses giggling*
what nerd would do that?

lol.

*is still giggling*
oo........I would join you except I don't want to do anything that would mess up my sister's laptop. Mine is broken again so I am stuck borrowing(see steal) hers.
eh, don't bother. rolleyes there's not much to see. Hit the link and it asks you to download something that something is a keylogger. stare rolleyes lol. idiots get just what they ask for. xd do unto others you know. wink  

aecy

Aged Noob

11,125 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Tycoon 200

Uchiha Itachi III

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:55 pm
well... you heard my story ^_^  
Dragon's Lair

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items