Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
"A Witch that Cannot Hex Cannot Heal" - thoughts Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you think that a witch who cannot hex cannot heal?
  Yes! You cannot do one without being able to do the other.
  No! Beware the Three-fold Law!!!
  Undecided. I don't have enough experience with either. ((INSUFFICIENT DATA!))
  Huh? (Where the heck is THAT saying from?)
View Results

AiRune

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:15 pm
My understanding of the quote is that you need to have a full understanding of both negative and positive energies in order to heal. Doctors have to be able to hurt in order to heal. Cancerous cells have to be destroyed in order to save the patient. And sometimes banishing must be used in order to rid of negative energy.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:00 pm
"In order to fully cure an ailment, you must first fully understand the cause"
I don't know who said that, but I do know its true in any case. You can't completely cure someone of a negative spell thats been directed at them if you don't first understand how that spell works.  

A Scarecrow

Wheezing Autobiographer

Maxwell_Pink

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:10 pm
I agree with the statement.

In a way it's not unlike homeopathy. You need to fully understand the patient's symptoms and administer a medicine that makes these symptoms worse enough for their body's natural healing to kick in.

Or have I not met my daily requirement of caffeine, yet? smile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:47 pm
Hexing could be done as a form of healing: Some people need challenges to learn the lessons of life to become a better person....  

OregonLoveShaman

Kyreie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:06 pm
Skadi-The-Elf
The law of opposites. All things have their opposite that exist in equilibrium. What can kill can also cure, and vice versa. I agree. Though in both cases, healing and hexing should be well thought out for a long time before performing either task.

Well said. My belief is that a hex should never be used without considering all the possible consequences and I don't think it should ever be used for personal reasons, the threefold law and all that. smile Saying that, I do believe that a hex can be a useful and sometimes necessary tool, if done properly and without thoughts of anger or revenge. But, a hex should never be done without the ability to lift or reverse it.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:31 pm
Beatrice_McDumples
Waaaait a minute!! As a wiccan, I would never hex anyone. I simply do not know how do, and do not want to. I like to use healing techniques, and they have no relation to "hexing" people. And yes, I know you are saying that if you know how to heal someone, then you know how to kill them. But come on, who doesn't know how to kill someone? Every single human being knows what would kill a person. To me, doing wicca has no relation to hurting a person. You must discard all negative thoughts when healing anyways.

(P.S. I have posted a new lesson in my class in the academy!!)

all thats really implied is if you were to change up a few things in the healing process it could be used for hexing instead. see its all a matter of perspective.  

WitchyBoy

2,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cart Raider 100

Clair Fay

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:46 pm
WitchyBoy
all thats really implied is if you were to change up a few things in the healing process it could be used for hexing instead. see its all a matter of perspective.

*nods* Everything that can be used for good, with a few twists and changes made, can equally be used for harm. A regular double-edged sword. A perfect example would be venom--it can kill, but with a few alterations and added ingreedients, it can also heal. It's actually the key ingreedient in a lot of syrims used to heal many things.

I, personally, would never purposely send any negativity towards anyone where I can help it, but the knowledge to know how is always there.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:26 pm
i kno all about the three fold rule and i do abide by it but i also kno a cheat hex. its called the evil eye and its non-intentional so when u use it it doesn't come back to u.i use it sometimes and i am very good at healing. so yea i do believe that if u cant hex u cant heal.  

Arc En Licorne

5,300 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:30 pm
xXOnYx MoOnXx
i kno all about the three fold rule and i do abide by it but i also kno a cheat hex. its called the evil eye and its non-intentional so when u use it it doesn't come back to u.i use it sometimes and i am very good at healing. so yea i do believe that if u cant hex u cant heal.

What leads you to believe that something being "non-intentional" means it won't come back to you?  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:03 pm
Wouldn't the fact that you know it's a hex, defeat the purpose of "non-intentional"?  

too2sweet
Captain

Tipsy Fairy

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:24 pm
xXOnYx MoOnXx

How do you figure the "Evil Eye" is non-intentional, if you are aware that you're using it? Some cultures considered it to be an illness that some people had and were not aware of, but those who knew they had it and used it were definetely doing it intentionally.

If you're using the Evil Eye, in any form, to affect other people, it's intentional - even if you don't specify the result. You seem to be trying to imply that you know how to hex and thus heal well - even though you don't really harm, since that would violate your own code of ethics.

So which is it? Can you harm, or can't you?  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:53 pm
Their is a balance. You can't do one with out the other.  

Koigokoro Konjou

kage no neko

Invisible Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:41 pm
Just because you CAN hex doesn't mean you have to, or that you do. But I'm seeing healing as more removing a hex than actual healing.

Healing someone don't always mean removing a hex, so you can do without knowing how to hex.

But it's good to know both, just in case.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:36 pm
I'm sorry...but I think that there are a lot of misunderstandings in here.

You don't need to know how to hex to know how to heal.

Take this example.

I do not know how to cause a headache, but I can get rid of a headache by taking some aspirin. I have no clue how aspirin works either.

The two are mutually exclusive. You can know how to hex, and you can know how to heal, but you don't need to know how to hex, to heal.

Not to mention. There are certain oils and herbs that aren't used for hexes or any sort of malevolent spellcasting that have the property of "hex-breaking".

Look at vervain, a holy herb. It's a powerful herb for exorcising, but it's not used for manifesting.

See the common trend here?

*facepalm*  

Chrono-Trigger-2012

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:41 pm
Chrono-Trigger-2012
I do not know how to cause a headache, but I can get rid of a headache by taking some aspirin. I have no clue how aspirin works either.

If we compare this analogy to witchcraft, yeah, you would need to know what caused a headache in order to make an appropriate painkiller. Because you'd be making the painkiller from scratch, of course.

Quote:
The two are mutually exclusive. You can know how to hex, and you can know how to heal, but you don't need to know how to hex, to heal.

The idea is that if you don't know how a spell works to the extent that you couldn't hex if you wanted to, then your healing work will be shite.

Quote:
Not to mention. There are certain oils and herbs that aren't used for hexes or any sort of malevolent spellcasting that have the property of "hex-breaking".

Look at vervain, a holy herb. It's a powerful herb for exorcising, but it's not used for manifesting.

Yeeeeah, I'm not sure you actually understand the concept here.

On the subject of herbs we have a wonderful parallel. The parallel is thus: if you don't know what herbs are poisonous, I am sure as hell not going to trust you to make a healing tincture.  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games