Welcome to Gaia! ::

~*The Surreal Sanctuary*~

Back to Guilds

This guild is a safe haven for the literate of Gaia. It is a hang-out where otakus, writers, readers, artists, and musicians can have fun. 

Tags: anime, roleplay, writer, books, gold 

Reply -•`~The Roleplaying Realm~`•-
♪ Music is the universal language of mankind. ♪ [A BAND Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

♪ READY TO ROCK?!? ♪
  IT'S JUICE AND JAM TIME
  I SALUTE YOU
  BRB FORGOT MY GEE-TAR
  lolwut?
View Results

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:00 pm

Rainer's small smile instantly withered at Virgil's comment about My Chemical Romance and Linkin Park. Although she could tell he was joking, she couldn't help the twitch in her eye whenever she thought of his words. Sighing, Rainer let it go, muttering, "Goose... Fraba..." under her breath. It was nothing to get upset about. But something to get upset about was their inability to decide what type of music to come out with.

"We should just play whatever we feel like," Rainer said after Virgil. "We obviously can't decide, so we'll just play music we love and can agree on. And I think we've all agreed that my drums will be seriously needed," she added with a slight grin. To prove her point, she grabbed up the sticks and tapped the snare drums, the tom-toms, and beat her foot against against the drum pedal all in quick succession.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:16 pm

Cherry's fingers twiched, like she was debating wether to raise her hand or not to Virgil's question when Rain spoke. She nodded even though she knew no one was actually looking at her. "You know, the other day, I saw a short on how bongo drums are made. It was really awesome." She smiled sheepishly at her randomness. "But yeah. Music we all like. Sure. Just think how hard getting a name will be," she smiled cheekily, feeling happier than normal, if that was possible. She liked taking on projects and things with friends.

Irishroseh
Crew

Aekea Athlete

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:05 pm
Carrie was offended, as was Rainer, at Virgil's comment about My Chemical Romance and Linkin Park. "Those are great bands! In fact, I think Linkin Park equals the greatness of Evanescence!" Then, she sighed, knowing that they all had their separate opinions. Then came Cherry's suggestion. Caroline perked up, shouting, "Oh, I recently heard Paramore's songs! They're great! I love their lyrics." It was amazing how fast Carrie could change her emotions - from annoyed and offended to excited and happy.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:06 pm
"I never said anything about them musical-wise," Virgil said, defending his viewpoint, "They just seem to whine too much, and pass it off as singing. Besides, now we're getting off topic." He thought about it for a second, then realized no one actually answered his questions, so he asked again, "On topic, who in this group, besides me, can write lyrics and songs? We might need those."  

Virgil Lifeson
Crew

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:26 pm

Despite what Virgil said, Rainer's eye refused to stop twitching every now and then. She enjoyed what My Chemical Romance and Linkin Park had to say. But she let it go. That was just Virgil's view, and it did nothing to sway Rainer's love for the two bands. And she was just too quiet anyway. She wasn't the type to make it into a debate.

"Well," she said in answer to Virgil's question. "I can write it down the lyrics for you if you just told me what to write." A cheeky smile. "But I can probably write the music if you gave me an idea of what you wanted. But I'll gladly pass the torch to someone else who's better," Rainer added, looking around at the group from above her drums. "I'm not exactly the best here, I'm sure."

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:50 pm
"I can write lyrics!" piped up Caroline enthusiastically. "Well, I am not sure exactly how good I am, since I haven't really shown anyone my lyrics. But, I think I can write pretty well! As for music-writing, I am not sure if I can. I could handle the lyrics though."  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Irishroseh
Crew

Aekea Athlete

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:11 pm

"Meh, I have little fragments of music I've just randomly made up, not that they're any good. I can write a bit of lyrics, but not well." Cherry realized that this was probably not important, as the rest of them could write the music, but she just had to throw her two cents in the ring. Since she felt that they pretty much covered that topic, she followed up with, "Name, name, what will our name be?"

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:44 pm
Waiting for everyone else's input, Virgil waited, thinking. That's good, everyone can write something. He thought, even as Cherry suggested they think of a name. Almost off-handedly, as if a moniker was the last important thing they needed to worry about, he asked out, "What about 'Edge of Infinity'? If we don't know where we're going, we may as well make our destination our name."

In an uncharacteristic movement of Virgil's, he set his bass back into it's case. He rifled through his bag for a second, pulled a music-notation notebook and a pencil, and began to write. As he did such, inklings and inspiration were knocking together, and the were almost outright beating the crap out of each other in an attempt to merge and become full-fledged ideas. Opening the nearly full notebook to a clean page with normal lined paper on one side, and a musical staff sheet on the other, he quickly jotted down next to each of the lines Guitar, Bass, Drums, Vox, Synth, and appropriate clefs. He labeled the top of both sheets with one word, "Together." and began to jot down lyrical ideas on the lined side. Things like Side by side we'll face the threat/In this barren wasteland/It's the calm before the storm. and To the edge of infinity, an invisible reality/Where the power of thoughts sets me free/On the journey to wonderland/I will hold the key in my own hands/If dreams can come true let us dream filled the page randomly with a kind of flow that was only told by arrows with question marks and checkmarks. Knowing this movement would draw attention, we muttered, "Don't mind me. I assume you gals have band name ideas." and left it at that.  

Virgil Lifeson
Crew

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:01 am
"Edge of Infinity? I like that name!" Caroline said with a little smile. "It sounds cool, and mysterious, and it's definitely creative! Hm... Or if we want to shorten it, we could just say Infinity. Or Infinite Edge. I don't know. I am just throwing ideas out there. How about No Destination? Nevermind...that sounds too weird. Uh..." Caroline stood up, and started pacing, and brainstorming, thinking things out.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:18 am

Cherry watched her 'band-mates' as they each did their own thing. She smiled slightly, and laid back on the floor, knees up, hands behind her head. Edge of Infinity was nice, but for some reason Cherry wanted to throw something else out there as well. Problem was, she didn't have anything to suggest. She was quiet for a long moment, piecing together random awesome words, trying to make something out of them. "Pandemonium?" she whispered, half to herself. "No, no... Phantasmagory? Phantasmagoria? no, too long." She chuckled a bit, before deciding that the name would come to them. Eventually. They just needed to bounce things around a bit. But it would all work out.

Irishroseh
Crew

Aekea Athlete

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:42 am
Caroline heard Cherry's whispers, and thought they were pretty good...but they didn't seem to quiet ... 'fit.' Caroline discussed with herself mentally, I didn't know naming a band could be so ...hard! How do all those famous bands out there figure out awesome names that fit so perfectly?! Will the name just come to us? But how long will it take? A week, a month...? We should get it over quickly. Or, maybe we could just do some songs first, then figure out a name later. No...that wouldn't work; we'd just be an untitled band. Wait! Caroline murmured to herself, "Untitled. Untitled? Could that be the name of our band?" Caroline said louder, "Uh, this seems random, but Untitled could be a possible name, too!"  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:40 pm
Now piecing together possible melodies to mold together his broken lyrics, Virgil asked Rain for her opinion, "So, if you could name your dream band, what would you call it?" And realized she wasn't smiling. Probably due to his joke about the whining. "Alright, Rain, every band out there can pull off a good song at least once. Including the likes of Simple Plan and My Chem. Let's hear your input, now.

Or, at least, he was hoping she was only holding back because she was offended.  

Virgil Lifeson
Crew

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:14 pm

||Name change! Wheee!||

[Used to be: Icarii Enchanter WolfStar]
[Now: Talon StarDrifter]

Rainer had spaced out. Her arms were slack, holding the sticks against the drums. Her gaze was on the cymbal, unseeing. What was the band name going to be? She heard each of the suggestions, but didn't know what to think.She liked Virgil's and Caroline's suggestions, but didn't know about Cherry's. Untitled made them sound like they were clueless. But it was a good suggestion nonetheless. Rainer herself couldn't think of any ideas. Skraeling was a cool word, but Rainer didn't think the others would like it.

Hearing her name, Rainer jerked out of her reverie.

"Huh? What? Oh... I'm not upset about that, if that's what you mean," she said. "I was just spacing out... Um... What about... Uh, geez, I dunno, um, Bloody Skirmish?" Rainer fell silent. What the hell was that? Skirmish was a cool word, but what the hell did she just say? "Uh, never mind, forget that. That sounded retarded. Your guys' ideas were better."

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:06 pm
"Bloody Skirmish? Sounds like some sort of British punk band, no offense." Virgil responded. "It doesn't sound that bad, actually...if we don't use it as a name, I'm definitely making that a song." he smiled at Rain, hoping the smile would be infectious enough to spread to Rain's face. Letting her know that her ideas weren't actually stupid, she just has to believe it herself.

[ooc]Short post is short. Blargh[/ooc]  

Virgil Lifeson
Crew

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:00 pm

Rainer scratched the back of her head with her drum stick. Well, Virgil hadn't completely shot her down and shoved her face in the floor. He had actually kinda complimented it. Rainer saw Virgil smiling at her. She gave him a small smile in response before turning her attention back to the drums. Her foot gently tapped on the pedal as she thought.

Well, she had thought of a decent song name, so maybe she could think of a decent band name. A name... Hm... This was proving harder than she had originally thought. When Virgil had asked her to join the band, Rainer had thought coming up with all this would be easy. Hunh. Oh well.

"I kinda like Cherry's idea with the Infinite Edge name. Or how about... uh, Night Vigil, or something like Half a Staple, or... or... or... Hot Socket or something..." To be honest, Rainer wasn't even listening to herself speak. She just blabbed random things, wanting to decide on a name already. "Tell me to shut up if I sound stupid or something, cuz I really don't know what I just said," she sighed.

-•`~The Roleplaying Realm~`•-

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff