Did you cry when..... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jellycones

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:00 pm
I didn't cry.
I just sat there for a few minutes..with my mouth open.
I thought he was coming back..but then when I turned the page and it was blank saying "october...november...december.." etc, i was like "WHAT THE EFF!?"

and then i got over it. =)  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:16 pm
I didn't cry. I just totally freaked out, I was like WHAT THE F*** IS HE DOING??? I got so desperate that I spoiled the book and read the end of it because I wanted to see if Edward was coming back or not.  

tally 06

5,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Generous 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

x-Beautiful---Delusions-x

Tiny Stalker

16,950 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Novice Healer 150
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:22 am
First, let's get across the fact that some of my friends think I'm a lot like Bella. Just smarter and much more of a klutz. ;D

Second, when I read it, I was in the car with my dad, so I was in the front passenger seat repeating, 'Don't you dare cry. Don't you dare cry.'
Of course, my dad noticed something was wrong when I stopped reading and just stared at the front cover of the book and asked me if I was alright. I responded with, "I'm not sure, really. But I want to cry."
He laughed at first until he realized I was serious. Then, he told me that it was okay to cry about something that happened and purposely stopped at a store and let me cry in peace in his car, seeing as it was deserted that day. XD

Third, I counted the freakin' pages. For the American hard-back version, at least. He left on page 73 and came back on page 451.
That's 378 pages, people! That literally pissed me off.
But, I got over it because I liked Jacob. Until Eclipse happened. Now even my liking of Jacob has been diminished, and he's somewhere up in ---... I'll stop talking.
People may kill me if I spoil it for them. o.o;

Those of you that have read everything, including the Prologue and first chapter of Breaking Dawn, send me a PM if you'd like to discuss them. ;D

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:22 am
well i cried, being as emotional as i am.
except i didn't skip all the way till he came back. i suffered reading about her and jacob and then i was kinda excited when she jumped off the cliff for some reason o_O.
but got mad when jacob saved her  

coldfrenzy

habiku

5,400 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:39 am
I was up north when i was reading that and i had music blasting and the door to my room wide up, i looked at the page and said NOOOOOOOOOOO because my friend told me that would happen and I didn't believe her and then I closed the book and started crying. My family was standing around the door wondering what was wrong with me. I didn't notice them till ten minutes later. They looked at me and asked what just happened and the only thing i could say was he left and they always think i date people without telling them so they thought i was talking about some bf i had. But then i said no edward stupid. They laughed because they thought i was freaking out by something else and they left me alone. I read the rest because i wanted Edward to come back because the same person told me he would. When she jumped off a cliff and Jacob saved her i wanted it to be Edward but no it wasn't.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:19 am
first, i got mad and started yelling. then i became sad, and pretty much hated him until the end of the book.  

[ Twiggy ]

iMonochromatic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:04 am
"I'm really sorry about your hand"

I didn't cry, but I sat wide eyed for god knows how long...I was thinking "He can't! No, he wouldn't...would he? He'll come back won't he? Won't he...IT WON'T BE THE SAME!! IT'LL NEVER BE THE SAME!!" I cheered up when Bella was with Jacob...that was sweet.

"Next time you want to hit me, use a baseball bat or a crowbar, okay?"
- Jacob Black, Eclipse

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:31 am
i was so close to crying i got really upset but i read new moon first and then twilight so i was as sucked in at that point but i still was so sad and i nearly cried.  

X-Freiheit93-X

RejectedLimpet

5,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:51 pm
I think that i was close to throwing the book across the room. I was so mad and frustrated yet sad and tearful. I never cry but when i do, it all comes out. But yeah, i cried. As soon as he ran away into the forest where Bella attempted to try and run after him, i kept on thinking "Come on... She's got to find him... She has to... She needs to.. She needs Him." Then she didn't. I was frantically flicking through the pages of when Edward came back. Found out he came back at the end [Spoilt the excitment of reading] and was frantically reading the book to try and get to the point where Edward was back.
When i got there, i slowed down a bit.
But then Sam found her and the months went by and she got closer to Jacob. I didn't like that. Bella and Edward, that's what this was about... Bella and Edward. But no, this Jacob has to come into the picture and ruin the whole thing.
Sure it was cute. But that's about it. Although i still hate to admit that a tear had escaped me when Jacob was running off into the forest. I guess i had become used to "seeing" him.
Going back to the point, yeah, i cried, i cried hard when Edward left. To the point where my Mum had come into the room and asked if i was ok, giving me a tissue. She asked me what was wrong, thinking it was something personal but all i could mutter was "He's left her...... He's gone." She must've thought i was insane until i pointed to the book.
No book has ever made me cry like that and i think that when i found out that there was another book, Breaking Dawn, i screamed. Really loudly. I leaped downstairs and half jumped on my Dad who was trying to cook and started jumping around the kitchen saying "THERE'S ANOTHER BOOK!!!" So after jumping around, screaming the same words i sat down and told him in this shrilly tearful voice that there was another book to the Twilight series. His reply was just "Oh."

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:26 am
I cried for the longest time but I knew that he would have to come back so I continued reading, but for like 5 min I seriously consindered killing the book.

lost_smile

xXxAuntyxXx

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:18 pm
I didn't really cry, but I teared up a little, and then I just stared at the book for like...15 minutes. xD; And then I freaked out when he finally came back. n__n  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:09 pm
I cry every time I read that part, I'm a cry-baby.

mrstodayy

Believe4life

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:58 pm
I cried, then considered throwing the book at the wall... then decided to read on, to see what happened next... (of course I was mad at Edward for at least a week)  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:06 am
I was just like
"WHAT!, NOOOO. OK, WHATEVER...."  

circus_freakshow

CimmerianGloom

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:28 am
I didn't cry at that bit exactly, because I was sitting there, thinking "Oh, yeah, whatever. He's going to come back in a week!"

But then when I flipped over and there were those pages, listing the months as they passed...
That got me.
That was definitely really effective.

Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas