Welcome to Gaia! ::

~*The Surreal Sanctuary*~

Back to Guilds

This guild is a safe haven for the literate of Gaia. It is a hang-out where otakus, writers, readers, artists, and musicians can have fun. 

Tags: anime, roleplay, writer, books, gold 

Reply -•`~The Roleplaying Realm~`•-
Anime Island [fan-based/all levels are welcome!] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who do you think is the best?
  The Heroes, duh!
  The Villains totally beat the Heroes!
  Tony; he's the one that started this whole crazy island thing.
  Otulissa (she created the RP) and Furyal (he came up with the idea)
  Everyone!! :D
  ME ;)
View Results

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:14 am

Ed lay on the floor of his alchemized tree house. He had just gotten settled, hands crossed beneath his head as a make-shift cushion. The black tank top he wore [always wore it during spars with his brother] bared both his arms, both automail and flesh. His automail extended to his right shoulder. His shoulder was heavily scarred from when his arm had been torn off during an alchemy; he had used his arm as a bargaining chip with the Gate to seize his brother's soul and attach it to the armor Alphonse now inhabited. Ed often wondered if he had done the right thing, and ugly thoughts always arose on those occasions. Did Al hate him? Did Al resent him for still having a body? Ed couldn't be sure, and had never had the courage to ask. What if Al had said yes, indeed, he hated Ed? Edward didn't know what he would do.

He sighed and crossed his right leg over his left automailed leg. He shifted his leg, trying to find a comfortable spot on the metal. His left leg had been ripped off by the Gate as compensation for going against nature and violating the laws of Equivalent Exchange. But no. His leg wasn't enough. No, the Gate had thought to take Al's body and soul as well. But Ed wasn't having that. He snatched back Al's soul, but obviously as a heavy price.

He sighed and turned onto his side, cushioning his head with his arm. Why was he thinking about this? This was not the time...

"Damnit," he muttered, clenching his fists. He sat up, rubbing his eyes. Wait, what was that sound--? He slowly lowered his hands and looked around. There it was again, someone yelling... A faint vibration ran up the tree. Ed blinked and crawled over to the window and stuck his blonde head out.

Below him was a girl with short black hair, and equally black eyes. What the hell? His golden eyes blinked. What did she want?

"What're you yelling about?" he asked wearily. "Whadda'ya want?" His ungloved hands crept together in case he needed some quick alchemy. He thought the girl might have an answer to his questions about this place, but for all his fifteen years of life, he had learned that pretty girls could be very dangerous. Winry, Psiren, Lyra...

"And stop kicking the damn tree," he sniped as she kicked the tree again. The vibrations were irritating.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:33 pm

Rukia kept kicking the tree, hard, shockingly not hurting her feet. Even if it would ruin her shoes, she didn't care; after all, she was simply in a faux body, a gigai. She yelled, "Hell-" then, her voice drifted off as someone peeked his head over the tree house's window. He seemed rather rude, and Rukia rolled her eyes. She gave a short, swift kick to the tree again, sending more vibrations on purpose before deciding to halt her kicking.

"Do you have any idea where I am?!" Rukia demanded irritably. She didn't like being lost, well, technically she wasn't exactly "lost." She was just...away from her home against her will. "And I am not lost," she added firmly.

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:27 pm

Edward raised a brow down at the girl. Not lost, hm? Funny, people tended to be lost when they didn't know where they were... But then again, he could be wrong. But for some reason Ed didn't think so.

"I never said you were," he said slightly amiably. "But for some odd reason, I get the feeling that you are lost. Don't ask me where I got the idea, because I don't know either. Must be psychic or something." Then he gave her his trademark smirk. "Anyway, I don't know where we are, so I couldn't possibly tell you where you are. I was actually kinda hoping you would tell me."

Ed drew his head back into the window. The girl looked harmless enough. She didn't possess a weapon he could see, and he was certain he could counter any alchemy she threw at him. He was, after all, the Fullmetal Alchemist.

Stepping toward the door, Edward paused, looking down at his torn black pants. Several tears showed his automail; maybe he should fix that. He clapped his hands together and touched the fabric, making it glow before mending itself. He had used extra material from the end of his pants, fabric not needed because he was... short.

"I-I guess it's a good thing I'm short..." he muttered. He paused. "Aw, who am I kidding? There's nothing good about being a peanut so small that it needs to be seen under a microscope!" Along with his words came exaggerated, violent movements and pouting taken to the extreme. Sighing, Ed climbed back down to the ground, staring at the girl. The fact that she was considerably shorter than him made him mentally smirk and did a mental dance of victory.

"So what's yer name?" he asked.

"No," Sesshomaru stated flatly. "This Sesshomaru will not wear such a thing." He then turned away from Rin who held out a garland of flowers. Her face fell a bit. "If you must, make Jaken wear it," he added, making Rin smile brightly again.

"Okay, Lord Sesshomaru!" Rin yelled happily. She raced back toward Jaken who led Ah-Un by the reins. His toad-like eyes bulged as the girl neared him.

"Lord Sesshomaru!" Jaken cried. He tried to wave the girl away with the Staff of Heads. "Get away, you stupid, foolish girl. Don't you dare-- Aagh!" He fell as Rin tackled him.

Pausing, Sesshomaru closed his eyes. Why did he let these two follow him? They were so noisy... Wait. What happened to the noise? Sesshomaru re-opened his eyes and whipped around to find his ward and his slave-servant gone with Ah-Un. In their place, tropical trees swayed in the breeze, and waves resounded in his sensitive ears. The stench of a human mixed with the scent of the salt water made him wrinkle his nose momentarily. Where was he? Some magic had transported him here, but he did not like it. He concentrated on summoning the white ball of light that would teleport him anywhere. After a moment, the ball appeared, but then fizzled out of existence. His amber eyes narrowed. He tried again, but with the same result. What demon magic was this?

Whatever it was, this Sesshomaru would not tolerate it. He would find the demon or human responsible and tear it to shreds. Face set like stone, Sesshomaru stalked along the beach, following the human scent. This human would be his first step to getting back to his hapless ward and slave [How were they to defend themselves without this Sesshomaru?]. Even if the human knew nothing, he could probably scare it into revealing some kind of information.

||By the way, he's heading for Azula so she's not so lonely. biggrin ||

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:40 pm
"Howl, Zabimaru!" Renji roared, and swung his transformed blade at the large Hollow. It tumbled and fell to the ground. Zabimaru shifted back to it's normal katana form and materialized beside Renji in it's monkey-like form with a snake tail. "We should get moving." Zabimaru mumbled. "There are many more Hollows around this area."
Renji nodded to Zabimaru as Zabimaru dematerialized behind him. Renji used Shunpo, or light dash, to quickly find the Hollows.. He sighed and leaped on top of a building. "Where are they?" He mumbled to himself. He closed his eyes.

Renji opened his eyes and found himself on an island. He looked around confused, and grumbled to himself. "What the hell?"He looked at his sheath and noticed Zabimaru, luckily, was still there. He walked slowly around the island, and noticed Rukia... Was she yelling at a guy with a metal arm? He ran to her direction.
"Rukia! Where are we!?"  

Furyal

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:57 pm
Rukia glared at Edward, as he smirked. She was about to say something, when he ...just fixed the fabric...like, with magic or something weird! "What?! Did ...did you just use some sort of magic? Not kido, right?" Rukia didn't recognize it as kido. Then, she took a deep breath, and let it out, knowing that she was in a very weird, foreign place. When Ed asked for her name, she replied softly, "Kuchiki Rukia, of the 13th Squad of the Court Guardians. I serve under Captain Ukitake."

All of a sudden, Renji showed up. "Oh my God, Renji! You're here too?! At least I actually know someone here... I was just asking him where I was!" Rukia pointed rather rudely at Ed.

((Okay. Let Sesshy-sama make the first move. XD))  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:14 pm

Ed frowned, automail hand on his hip and the other scratching the back of his head. This girl didn't know what alchemy was? And how the hell did she see him do that in the treehouse? And what the hell was kido? What was a Court Guardian? What was a Ukitake?

"I'm right here, no need to point!" Ed snapped, sidestepping away from the pointing finger. In his world, a pointing finger could direct alchemy, or even extend and cut through a body. Like Lust... Ed shuddered, pushing aside the memory.

"And who the hell are you?" Ed questioned, looking at the newcomer. Frankly, he was getting tired of this place already. He wanted to be back in Risembool with Al. Not here on this weird island with weird looking people in robes. Looking at their clothes, Ed noticed his lack of clothing. He was only wearing his black tank top with his black pants and black boots... Black everything. He wanted his coat. And his gloves. He didn't want people staring at his automail, like the guy "Renji" and the girl "Rukia." Ed wondered why the girl stated her surname first, then her given name. Strange custom.

Sesshomaru followed the scent along the beach, easily picking the oily human scent apart from the salty water and the clean plant scents. He was downwind of the human, making tracking easy. Within a mile or two, Sesshomaru found what he had been looking for. A strangely garbed human girl with even stranger hair.

Sesshomaru himself wore Chinese styled clothing like this girl, but he did not actually go to China; rather, his slaves and servants had the clothing imported. So though Sesshomaru knew the clothing was western, he found it strange. Especially because females do not wear trousers. They wore skirts and dresses. But not this one. Why did she dress like this?

"Are you the one who brought me here?" Sesshomaru asked apathetically. The human scent drove him crazy; his claws twitched slightly. He missed Rin's scent. Though she had the same, oily human smell, he had grown accustomed to it and it comforted him because it meant the small girl was near and not dead like before.

His amber eyes bore into the similarly colored eyes of the human in front of him. Strange that she had demon eyes; she smelled only of human. There was only human in the girl's blood, Sesshomaru was sure of that.

"And do not lie to this Sesshomaru," he added. "I will be able to tell."

||No, probably not, Maru-chan. She's a eighty foot purple platypus bear with polka dots.... and stuff. Don't remember the rest. wink

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100

Furyal

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:41 pm
"Yeah." Renji replied to Rukia. "He turned back to the man with the...metal arm. "Abarai Renji. I am lieutenant of the sixth squad of the Court Guardians. I serve under Kuchiki Byakuya." He said, and pulled out Zabimaru. "And this is Zabimaru, my zanpakuto. Who are you?"  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:29 pm

Ed's confusion was written all over his face. What the hell were these people talking about? As if he knew what a Court Guardian was. Did they water plants or something? Edward would have thought they were some sorta alchemists, but for the fact the Rukia girl was totally in the dark about the basic alchemy he had performed. What had she called it again...? Ah, right, a kido. Right.

Renji's question flew right over Ed's head. Edward was lost at "Zanpakuto." What the--. And then Renji pulled out the "Zanpakuto." ||I'm assuming you pulled out the weapon, not the spirit.|| Oh. Okay. That's cool. Whatever. He remembered the question.

"You mean you don't know who I am?" Ed asked disbelievingly. "I'm Edward Elric, the Fullmetal Alchemist!" With a smirk, Ed pulled out his State Alchemist Watch. He could just imagine how cool he looked. Well, he could imagine how cool he would have looked had he had on his coat and gloves.

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100

Furyal

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:45 pm
((Yeah. The weapon.))

He looked at him, confused. " Right... Whatever a 'Fullemetal Alchemist' is. And what the hell is with that watch?" Renji glared at him. He used Shunpo and stood behind the guy with metal arm. "And how the hell did you make a house like this on a deserted island?" He said plainly, pointing to a cushion. "Rukia, do you know what a Fullmetal Alchemist is?"  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:56 am

Rukia stayed close to Renji, and glared at the stranger, Ed. She wondered what the big deal was with pointing, but then shrugged it off. She listened to Edward's introduction and asked incredulously, "Are you kidding me? An alchemist? They don't exist, do they? I remember some people from the Real World talking about it, about the failed attempts at turning lead into gold. Uh...you are not from Japan, are you? That name sounds pretty foreign." Then, Rukia noticed the State Alchemist Watch. "Uh...what...is that? Is it some sort of...toy?" Rukia cocked her head, innocently curious.

Rukia answered Renji with a shrug, "No. I know what alchemy is, I guess...but it doesn't really exist. There's a dictionary definition I suppose, but alchemy is just fantasy. A child's daydream."

Azula spun around, seeing a tall, human-like...thing. The man before her seemed like a human, except for the fact that he had weird pointed ears, long silvery hair, and strange markings on his face. Not to mention that he...just gave off this weird sensation. "What are you talking about?" Azula snapped. "I just got here, and I have no idea why. Something kicked me into this place, and I know less than you do." Azula was really annoyed. She didn't need some random stranger to come and disturb her while trying to figure out how to get home. Then again, this strange creature just might be useful.

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Furyal

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:14 am
"Yup. His name is American." Renji replied. "Don't ask how I know." Renji added quickly. He jumped down from the tree house and landed easily on his feet. He nodded to Rukia's reply and sat down cross-legged. "Is there anything to eat here? Besides nuts and coconuts?" He pushed himself up with Zabimaru.

'Grwoaaaaaaaah!'
Renji's eyes widened. "That.... was a Hollow. Now you!" He said, pointing a finger at Ed. "You should know what a Hollow is, since you can see me, right?" renji didn't really wait for an answer. He jumped onto the treetops. "Howl, Zabimaru!" He shouted and his blade twisted into it's true form.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:32 pm

Edward glared at the two strange people. What were they talking about? Alchemy wasn't fantasy. Wherever these guys were from, they were very sheltered.

"It's a watch, and a State Military one at that," Edward muttered, tucking away his watch. "And alchemy does exist. Where are you from, anyway? Never heard of Japan."

When Renji jumped into the tree, Ed panicked. How could he jump that high? Was he some sort of Homonculus? He clapped his hands together, drawing his left hand over his automail, sharpening the metal and turning it into a blade. He turned and gave Rukia his trademark smirk. "That's alchemy. Not kido, or fantasy, or whatever." With that, Ed scaled up the tree with the handholds he created, going after Renji. There was some sort of... chimera spouting out of his sword. He had to be some sort of homonculus!

Sesshomaru's amber eyes narrowed slightly. This human wench had no right to speak to him in this way. He could smell the girl's annoyance and anger coming off her in waves. Claws itching, his right arm shot out and wrapped itself around the girl's neck.

"Do not speak to this Sesshomaru is such a way, human," he said quietly. "I have killed many of your kind and I will not hesitate to kill you."

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:33 am
((No hollows are here. XD; wink )

"Uh...Renji?" Rukia said, with a little sigh. "I don't think that's a Hollow...There's no reiatsu..."

Rukia then looked up at Ed. She mumbled, "State Military? Geez...Alchemy or whatever....? Where the hell am I?" Rukia then raised her voice and answered, "Japan is an island country in Asia. Uh...well, technically I'm not from Japan. I'm from Soul Society. It's where souls go when they depart from their bodies." Then, all of a sudden, Ed started going after Renji. "Hey!" Rukia yelled. She shook her head, and then took out her modified soul dispenser. Squeezing one of the "soul candies" into her mouth, she let her spirit emerge from her gigai. Now, she appeared to be clad in black shinigami robes, instead of a Japanese schoolgirl outfit. Her gigai sat up, and propped her head up from the ground with her hands, lying on her belly. "HAL-lo!" she mod soul said in a hyper-sounding voice. "Rukia-sama!" Rukia ignored the mod soul, and leaped up into the trees, headed towards Renji.

Azula was shocked as the strange...whatever it was...whipped out and snatched her neck. She held still, knowing that this guy was very powerful. He moved faster than ...humanly possible. Well, he wasn't a human. Azula took a deep breath, and then felt the heat energy of fire go throughout her body. She controlled it carefully, with her breathing, and then let it out by making all of her skin burn with heat. Now, whatever was touching her would burn. Fire, from the sun, was very powerful.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:34 am

Sesshomaru's eyes narrowed dangerously. This human was a witch! Her skin heated with the intensity of a raging conflagration. The heat didn't bother him as much as the fact that the human could do such a thing. He had endured worse burns from the Tetsusaiga; however, he did not feel the need to let his hand be burned if he could prevent it.

"Tell me, human, how do you do such a thing and not kill yourself?" Sesshomaru's hand started to smoke. He looked at it curiously as if it did not belong to him before removing it from the girl's neck. Lifting his hand to his face, he licked the burn, speeding up the healing process. He let his hand drop back down, already feeling the skin on his hand heal. Even if he couldn't touch the human, he had two swords at his disposal, plus his demonic talents. Demon form would have to wait for a more appropriate time. Without his left arm, his dog form was next to useless. He would be able to fight much better in humanoid form. He summoned his whip of light, readying it if the girl so much as spoke out of turn.

Ed, though very athletic and more sprightly than any human had a right to be, was not a homonculus, like that guy Renji obviously was. He had to clamber up the trunk of the tree before going after him. Ed flitted through the trees, following the homonculus and its chimera. He heard the girl Rukia crashing after him but ignored her. But then again... if Rukia was associated with the homonculus, she might be one herself. Damn, this was getting confusing.

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:25 am
Azula growled, "I am assuming you are a non-bender then? I am Princess Azula, of the Fire Nation, hence my fire powers." She thought to herself with contempt, Can't he tell where I'm from by my outfit?! ...Or maybe he doesn't come from the same land.

"Hey, Alchemist-guy!" Rukia called out to Ed. "What are you doing?! For some reason...I have the bad feeling that you're about to attack Renji. You look kind of frightened. Calm down, and explain to me what you're doing!" Rukia, as she flew through the air, kept her hands ready to conduct a kidou spell if the time came up to do so.

-•`~The Roleplaying Realm~`•-

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff