Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Net Slum [a guild for .hack fans]

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of the anime/game series, dot hack. 

Tags: dot hack, .hack//sign, .hack//G.U., .hack, skeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiittthhh 

Reply @Home
Why is the Dothack Series generally addicting? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BloodStainedKnife

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:38 am
Well it's different, but in all honesty, the main reason I became addicted was because of the animation and the music.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:52 pm
I like it because....I love the gameplay. I absolutely positively cannot get enough of it. It's one of my favorite game series, right along Soul Calibur, Breath of Fire, and Dragon Quest....as well as Chrono Trigger and the DBZ games...

Well....I first got kind of hooked onto .Hack when I saw infection in a story and found the story interesting. Then, when I came home, Sign came on and I watched that and thought, like I did with Infection, "It's some kinda futuristic game like Dragonquest where that's them and only them." Well....Then I heard "offline" and I got a bit more interested. Then I played Infection, and after awhile, I started getting mail from friends about their real life selves, and how they had their own lives outside of the games and that the characters were kept in character.
Then I learned of Aura and the Phases. I didn't stop there, I read further and learned how it all started because of a man's undying love for a woman. Sure, in the first games, there isn't a lot of mind issues, but Mia's erratic behavior and Elk's care for her was nice. To be honest, I find PIROS AS A NEVERENDING SOURCE OF LULZ.

Then G.U. came and I've only seen two episodes of roots...so I didn't know what to expect. It at first was very annoying, because I hated Haseo's personality. I liked Gaspard's more. Then I learned of Shino and actually watched Roots, and started to understand him a bit, then I learned of Avatars, Guilds, and how each character had their own problems and personal terrible pasts....or something like that. Yet again, I fell in love with item hunting, had a knack for arena battles, and loved boss battles.

So....I hope G.U. isn't the last game.  

Hyuuu

Grieverr

Vice Captain

Anxious Poster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:04 pm
Fatal Fist Murakami
I like it because....I love the gameplay. I absolutely positively cannot get enough of it. It's one of my favorite game series, right along Soul Calibur, Breath of Fire, and Dragon Quest....as well as Chrono Trigger and the DBZ games...

Well....I first got kind of hooked onto .Hack when I saw infection in a story and found the story interesting. Then, when I came home, Sign came on and I watched that and thought, like I did with Infection, "It's some kinda futuristic game like Dragonquest where that's them and only them." Well....Then I heard "offline" and I got a bit more interested. Then I played Infection, and after awhile, I started getting mail from friends about their real life selves, and how they had their own lives outside of the games and that the characters were kept in character.
Then I learned of Aura and the Phases. I didn't stop there, I read further and learned how it all started because of a man's undying love for a woman. Sure, in the first games, there isn't a lot of mind issues, but Mia's erratic behavior and Elk's care for her was nice. To be honest, I find PIROS AS A NEVERENDING SOURCE OF LULZ.

Then G.U. came and I've only seen two episodes of roots...so I didn't know what to expect. It at first was very annoying, because I hated Haseo's personality. I liked Gaspard's more. Then I learned of Shino and actually watched Roots, and started to understand him a bit, then I learned of Avatars, Guilds, and how each character had their own problems and personal terrible pasts....or something like that. Yet again, I fell in love with item hunting, had a knack for arena battles, and loved boss battles.

So....I hope G.U. isn't the last game.

I don't think GU is the last game. I've heard rumors that there's another game coming out.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:07 am
For me, the Music was the greatest hit, and the sprawling backgrounds caressed by different lighting effects.

The fact that I could read it as a Manga, play the game, watch the animes . . . that appealed to me greatly. Especially since the stories fit together and yet were all different at once. It wasn't like reading the Manga of an anime or videogame, each was new.  

mishcana

MoshiTiako

5,500 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:47 am
Yes, the music, wink especially in SIGN. Though, I really love "Gentle Hands" from GU.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:08 pm
I effing love GU music. It's my favorite .Hack music. :,D  

Grieverr

Vice Captain

Anxious Poster

DarkForgoten
Fallen Angel

Beloved Rogue

26,165 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:48 pm
cause pwns! and rocks the kaz bah  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:11 pm
.//hack is just sooooooooo addicting because it is the best in the world!!!!!!  

DPH Maintenance

Grieverr

Vice Captain

Anxious Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:03 pm
The anime is the most addicting anime I've ever seen. Sign took my heart. :,D  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:09 pm
I was playing...Mutation I think and I had Kite use a Data Drain for the first time and my exact words were, "Holy crap! That's colorful AND kicks a**!" I remember that specificly. Ever since I used THAT Data Drain, I've been hooked on anything and everything .Hack. My new .Hack love is .Hack//XXXX, read it if you haven't already. mrgreen heart xd heart xp heart  

Bonquchko

Dapper Conversationalist

5,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Conversationalist 100

Grieverr

Vice Captain

Anxious Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:25 pm
Bonquchko
I was playing...Mutation I think and I had Kite use a Data Drain for the first time and my exact words were, "Holy crap! That's colorful AND kicks a**!" I remember that specificly. Ever since I used THAT Data Drain, I've been hooked on anything and everything .Hack. My new .Hack love is .Hack//XXXX, read it if you haven't already. mrgreen heart xd heart xp heart

Data Drain was amazing lookin', I agree. I Data Drained so much I died. :,D  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:58 pm
XxGrieverxX
Bonquchko

Same here, lol  

Bonquchko

Dapper Conversationalist

5,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Conversationalist 100

Grieverr

Vice Captain

Anxious Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:40 am
Bonquchko
XxGrieverxX
Bonquchko

Same here, lol

Yay! I'm not the only one!
I became obsessed with data draining because it got me rich. I just kept selling the items I got from Data Draining. 8D

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:02 am
XxGrieverxX
Bonquchko
XxGrieverxX
Bonquchko

Same here, lol

Yay! I'm not the only one!
I became obsessed with data draining because it got me rich. I just kept selling the items I got from Data Draining. 8D

That...And wasn't there an area with only Data Bugs to fight?  

Bonquchko

Dapper Conversationalist

5,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Conversationalist 100

FIynn

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:53 am
I thought that the music and the Cathedral is what attracted me, then the fact of how different the show was from the rest of the ones I watched *>/> Is a HUUUUUUUGE Gundam junkie* The game's attracted me for various reasons
Infection-Quarrantine : The root towns and the areas, in particular the Holy Ground
and
G.U. had to have been the Root Towns also and the Lost grounds.
>/> I found myself pulling an Atoli when first got G.U. and going "Oh $#!T this place is pretty"  
@Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff